Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Veteran Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 05-25-2006, 05:38 PM
pman15's Avatar
pman15 pman15 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Pa,newtown square
Posts: 559
Default Re: Hehehe!

wiping is for people that wanna win and don't care that there here for having fun,like vike saiid all they want is the girls,money and fame.I play for fun,not for cheating
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-25-2006, 06:14 PM
vikingshadow's Avatar
vikingshadow vikingshadow is offline
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Where my stuff is. Duh!
Posts: 6,950
Default Re: Hehehe!

Hmmmmm, girls, money and fame with little to no effort involved...

Maybe I have this wrong!
__________________
Pressing on
Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." ~ Anonymous
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-25-2006, 06:21 PM
pman15's Avatar
pman15 pman15 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Pa,newtown square
Posts: 559
Default Re: Hehehe!

{and a lol! } but when the pro teams get into tournaments worth 50,000${take espn paintball for example]i guess i don't blame them for cheating,im not surprised that pros would cheat to get 50,000$.but now a days i don't think pros even could wipe even if they tryed.it seems that today these referees are top notch{a little to top notch]
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-25-2006, 08:05 PM
DyNasty9's Avatar
DyNasty9 DyNasty9 is offline
(spyderkid946)
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 'Cuse,NY
Posts: 827
Default Re: Hehehe!

ok i havent read what everyones said yet but i wana put my .02 out there.
i can honestly say i have never wipped a hit, unless it was smaller then a quarter which is the rule. now in regard to what vike said about the face mask holding, what if that call isnt made because a ref didnt see it?
Now in paintball if a ref sees you wipe its a 1 for 1 or 2 for 1 ect. but what if he doesn't? your still in and you can help your team win, which is your goal. WIPING IN PRACTICE IS STUPID! I hate all the little kids that wipe during practice its pointless it means absolutly nothing.

final thought: if im in a tourny i paid a lot of money for(for instance im playing in the New York Cup in july) if i get shot off the break maybe in the shin or elbow im sliding headfirst and letting a ref pull me out if he sees me get hit, because i know thats how people play now and i dont think i want to lose a tourny because im the only honest one there. but i really dont have the courage to wipe a noticable hit, because i know if i get caught and get a 1 for 1 id feel horrible for my team.
i know somebodys going to totally disagree and say im a cheater and a disgrace to the sport, but cheating has become a part of this game, and its never going to go away no matter how hard we try to stop it.
Cheating is a part of every game.


ok i take back my last statment of it not ever going away, if they made a rule that if your caught cheating, your out of the tourny i think that would decrease the wipping A LOT.
__________________
Dynabot
feedback: http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=2807

Last edited by DyNasty9 : 05-25-2006 at 08:11 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-25-2006, 08:10 PM
Raygun Raygun is offline
Crazy Spyder Addict
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 50
Default Re: Hehehe!

Whipping is cheating!!! Period!! Not fair, hate people who do that!! Can't ya be a man and face you got hit and just get, theres gonna be other chances to get revenge!! lol
__________________
~~Raymond!!~~
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-26-2006, 04:55 AM
vikingshadow's Avatar
vikingshadow vikingshadow is offline
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Where my stuff is. Duh!
Posts: 6,950
Default Re: Hehehe!

Uh, oh! Watch out - here it comes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyNasty9
i can honestly say i have never wipped a hit, unless it was smaller then a quarter which is the rule. now in regard to what vike said about the face mask holding, what if that call isnt made because a ref didnt see it?
It's great that you think you haven't wiped a hit. However, I'm not sure that quarter thing is a rule anymore...at least it's not in any of the tournaments I've ever played in. The rule is, if it breaks on you, you're out.

I don't get your point on the "if the call isn't made because a ref didn't see it" thing. In my opinion, you just CAN'T compare a foul in football, or any other sport, to wiping - again, in those sports, the goal isn't to ELIMINATE players, it's to score. In paintball, you wipe a hit and don't leave the field, you are cheating the other team out of points (for hitting you) and then for anyone you eliminate later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyNasty9
Now in paintball if a ref sees you wipe its a 1 for 1 or 2 for 1 ect. but what if he doesn't? your still in and you can help your team win, which is your goal.
Sure, winning is the goal, but at what cost? Everyone sees you cheat, you and your team get labeled as cheaters, bad feelings start, at a lot of fields actual fist fights start (dare I say with other cheaters?) Where does it end? Besides the obvious lack of real life character, you're perpetuating a vicious cycle - they did it, so I did it, so they did it back, so I did it worse, so they blah blah blah......

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyNasty9
final thought: if im in a tourny i paid a lot of money for(for instance im playing in the New York Cup in july) if i get shot off the break maybe in the shin or elbow im sliding headfirst and letting a ref pull me out if he sees me get hit, because i know thats how people play now and i dont think i want to lose a tourny because im the only honest one there. but i really dont have the courage to wipe a noticable hit, because i know if i get caught and get a 1 for 1 id feel horrible for my team.
Then you're in the wrong sport. If you feel horrible because someone got in a lucky shot, and you're going to stay in because it was lucky - yet feel bad if you get caught because it cost your team a 2 for 1, or you're stressed because you lost a tournament for being "the only honest one out there" - then you need to play something that isn't so stressful for you.

ORRRR, just release the stress by WALKING OUT like you're supposed to. Just because THEY do it, doesn't mean YOU should do it - two wrongs don't make it right.

Guess what? That team you just cheated ALSO paid a lot of money to enter the tournament, and they want to win also. Guess who I would rather play, though? Sure, I understand the whole cheating in a tournament thing - heck, I've been in tournaments a long time and have had the urge to cheat, but it's ridiculous to justify it with "money issues". Be honest, you cheat because you don't want to go out or you think you can get that other player out if you just had a little more time...been there done that, it's flashed through my mind as well. But when the poo hit the fan, I walked off the field. Come on, sack up, own it, and get the hell off the field - be a man. Don't be a follower!

I cheated once,and felt so bad for it, I walked off the field. I slid in headfirst to get rid of a hit, because I'd had this exact discussion with other "cheaters" and even the refs had told me to do it. What they don't see won't hurt, was what I was told. However, I felt so guilty and ashamed that I just called myself out. Fortunately, I didn't elimiate anyone in the meantime, and I wasn't caught, so it didn't affect anyone other than my own team. You know what I found out? My team went on to win without me in that game and we won that tournament. Imagine that. They won without me cheating!

So my question is, how is it you have no confidence in your team to handle the game without you? So on top of the cheating issue, you have trust issues! Wow, new twist to the problem!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyNasty9
but i really dont have the courage to wipe a noticable hit, because i know if i get caught and get a 1 for 1 id feel horrible for my team.
The sad thing about this statement is that you don't wipe only because you'd feel horrible for possibly getting caught and costing your team another player. Seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyNasty9
i know somebodys going to totally disagree and say im a cheater and a disgrace to the sport, but cheating has become a part of this game, and its never going to go away no matter how hard we try to stop it.
Cheating is a part of every game.

ok i take back my last statment of it not ever going away, if they made a rule that if your caught cheating, your out of the tourny i think that would decrease the wipping A LOT.
You're right. I totally disagree with you and although I'm not saying your a cheater (YET) I'm worried that you're buying into the "everyone's doing it" hype. Would you do drugs? Come on, everyone's doing it! Would you cheat on your SAT's? Come on, everyone's doing it! If you live in an area that homosexuality is rampant, would you become homosexual? Come on, everyone's doing it!

The sad thing is that every thread like this has a "if they would make the penalties harsher, I wouldn't do it" post...in REAL life, the jails are full of people that wouldn't do it if the penalties were harsher. I know, paintball is a game, but I'm talking the character of a person here. If you cheat at a GAME to get money or prizes, it's stealing - a crime in REAL life.

Sorry for the rant - I just woke up and have a lot of energy!
__________________
Pressing on
Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." ~ Anonymous
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-26-2006, 10:34 AM
druid's Avatar
druid druid is offline
Mo Anam Cara (friend of my soul)
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: hiding behind my 114/45 :D
Posts: 3,547
Default Re: Hehehe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingshadow
So no one besides emf has anything to say about this? Wow! I thought for sure this would get a rise out of someone...cough**druid**cough.....

Or is it that everyone is getting used to the idea of wipers as just a "foul" and not really anything bad????
HEH HEH....you thought you'd catch me ...

I think it's widely known what my ideas of fair-play are...

I've never wiped, I've called a ref over and if (s)he deems it a 'safe' then they wipe it or tell me to and I'll do it. I've called myself out even when the mark was less than a quarter...based upon how the hit 'felt' (solid hit) + mark = I didn't cover well enough to not be marked.

I don't ramp...even when allowed by the rules. I like unlimited semi alot and that's all my TBoard's have ever seen. Right now my Ion's set to 30bps uncapped semi and the tourney lock is only a dip-switch away.

Hot marker - twice in my lifetime I've run hot...but were never intentional. They were hot summer days and I was using CO2. Now, I figured that when I chrono'd at 260 (field limit of 280), the 20fps was a 'good enough' buffer zone. Apparently not. So I was sent back to tech area to fix the situation...no problem. It's part of the game and a hazard of using CO2.

Wipers on the other team - causes an issue with me because of my own ethics. It puts me into a moral dilema that I have a hard time justifying. I'm totally against intentional bonus balling but when I see a wiper...I light them up and I do them ugly. At 17-19bps, it makes it hard to wipe half that...so I make sure they need a few gallons of water to make it look like they weren't hit. Is it right? No, not in my eyes but what's the alternative? Let them do it and get away with it? I can't allow that either. This is why I play more rec than anything else. It seems that rec players are more honest than tourney ballers and we have the Lasoya types to thank for this.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-28-2006, 10:10 PM
vwjimmy's Avatar
vwjimmy vwjimmy is offline
Here, there, everywhere!
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Kentucky Bluegrass
Posts: 1,858
Default Re: Hehehe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by druid
Wipers on the other team - causes an issue with me because of my own ethics. It puts me into a moral dilema that I have a hard time justifying. I'm totally against intentional bonus balling but when I see a wiper...I light them up and I do them ugly. At 17-19bps, it makes it hard to wipe half that...so I make sure they need a few gallons of water to make it look like they weren't hit. Is it right? No, not in my eyes but what's the alternative? Let them do it and get away with it? I can't allow that either. This is why I play more rec than anything else. It seems that rec players are more honest than tourney ballers and we have the Lasoya types to thank for this.
I know exactly what you mean......
I don't do the tourney thing anymore but even rec balling I see some wipers...
Makes me want to empty my hopper into them, and sometimes I do hit 'em enough to make sure.....
Man, I hate it when I do that as bad as I hate it when I get bonused....
I'm too old and slow to cheat, I don't even want to ever, and I have to sleep at night!
Wiping is for the weak minded, those who forgot that winning is a reward for solid play, skill and good luck. Besides, what comes around goes around and the luck of the wipers always sucks in the end.....
thats my .02.....
__________________
Angels, Timmys, ICD Bushy, Pimp, and lots of Spyders
Old Farts Club
Member #12

"Your marker cannot harm me...I'm the Juggernaut!!"
KUSA Feedback +56/-0
New PBN Feedback +20/-0
Old PBN Feedback +92/-0
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-29-2006, 08:30 AM
timmyshoota's Avatar
timmyshoota timmyshoota is offline
Public Enemy #1
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Virginia
Posts: 2,215
Default Re: Hehehe!

I wipe. So I guess I'm a cheater. I play sometimes with guys from a D1 NPPL team. They've taught us plenty of techniques for wiping. I don't wipe an obvious hit, because thats asking for a penalty. I've learned tricks for getting away with it. Does it make it right? No, but sometimes winning is the important thing. If I could play everygame and not have to worry about someone playing on and costing us a win, or someone wiping against us, I'd probably play clean too. You get pretty agrivated when you pay a lot of money to get into a tourney and then lose important games because of cheating. Last year at world cup I wiped a hit but noticed the ref looking at me, so I called myself out before he could pull a penalty. That game we lost because someone on the other team played on the entire game with obvious hits. Then after the game the refs messed it up and didn't pull enough people, so they still had one guy on the field, and gave them the points for pull and hang. Instead of a tie, we lost by a ~50 points. We were seeded like 50th out of 137 teams going into the second day. The points we lost that match by would of put us down near the cutoff and given us a good chance at moving on. We ended up getting rolled the second day, but had we played good we would of probably ended up just outside the cut for the semis, all because of that one game. Cheating breeds cheating, and its breeding like rabbits. There's no way to really stop it now. Only way to really stop it is making it an automatic forfeit of the game and the other team gets max points. That should slow it down some.
__________________
HK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscum Guy
you know you got something nice when timmyshoota likes it.
Buy my gear! $500!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-29-2006, 09:25 AM
QAZ123's Avatar
QAZ123 QAZ123 is offline
I wanna be formal but I'm here to party!
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Corydon, IN
Posts: 1,415
Default Re: Hehehe!

Just some quick notes as I don't want to write a paragraph....

It happen's but should never happen in recball of any sort. It's going to keep happening in every division and at every level of play whether is Pro or rookie division. Alway's has and alway's will.

I noticed Vike posted a scp link and I'll tell ya not everybody that weild's a pump is that honest. My xppl teammate is also head coach/captain/play or NTK (Semi pro NPPL) and they played against Blowfish. They beat them but nonetheless saw enough pump player's get rid of hit's to throw out the whole honesty idea about them. It just show's though that when money is on the line......

I've never wiped a hit but I have played on twice and both times I was in the wrong and they were both during pump tournament's and I set it right afterward's.

The first instance was when I took one guy out and another guy took his place. We were shooting at each other. One shot hit my love handle but I took one more shot and nailed him. It was obvious I was hit first and I let the ref know and everything worked out.

Second instance was yesterday in the first game of the day. We were up player's and a guy came up to bunker me. He took a shot and I was looking right at him and never even saw a ball come out of his barrel and I never even felt a hit and it was as close as you can get on the field. I looked down at my chest for a splatter and saw nothing so I turned and shot him in the back then jumped up and proceeded to move to a new bunker until a ref saw I was shot right in my crotch. I guess with the empire man pad and three hankerchief's under that I didn't feel it. The ref cleaned the other guy off but it screwed the game up cause my player's thought he was out and turned there back's to him. They threw the game out due to another controversy not pertaining to me and we had to play them again.

In defense of that everybody was using the same paint and it was literally bouncing off everything even at the chrono it was bouncing off the carpeting 10 feet back of the chrono station. I even had a bounce off my profiler lense on the right side with that crap that day.

I still don't know too much about the nppl and psp (top tier) tourney scene but in my xppl pump league my one teammate is semi pro nppl playing with NTK and my other teammate for the day was a player from Brimstone Smoke (not sure what they call themselves now that they play that wpl league) and both are classy individual's in playing pump tournament's but ya never know when real money is on the line...

It should never happen in recball though...

JB.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:53 PM.