Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Non-Paintball Topics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2006, 04:00 AM

Default Gatorade commercial

i dont know why but i love baseball and when i saw this gatorade commercial with soccer players and "take me out to the ballgame" playing i about puked. around here soccer and baseball dont go hand in hand and that kind of made me sick.
Old 05-22-2006, 04:57 AM
Fluent in Stroll

Default Re: Gatorade commercial

the point of the commercial was to show the disrespect our national team gets when they play, yet we can overcome it all with the help of gatorade. i personally didnt heard the take me out the ball game, but if it is there, its probally just to add more of an american bias.

there isnt any point in getting upset about it.

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Skanking to the beat.
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Climb to the heavens on feathers and dreams
Because the melting point of wax means nothing to me.

Last edited by marvin-martian : 05-22-2006 at 05:09 AM.
Old 05-22-2006, 10:54 AM
Matrix Connoisseur

you almost puked because they played a song about baseball at a soccer game? thats a pretty stupid reason to get upset...
Old 05-22-2006, 04:56 PM

just because all the baseball kids at your school hate all the soccer "grass fairies", doesnt mean everyone in the whole world does......get over it.
2k2 OSKUSA.
Old 05-22-2006, 04:57 PM
No more Pablo San Lucas, you'll have to reset your title because I can't remember what it was

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe
just because all the baseball kids at your school hate all the soccer "grass fairies", doesnt mean everyone in the whole world does......get over it.
Lol, never heard that term before.
Old 05-22-2006, 06:46 PM

yea soccer isnt even an american sport. you can have it.
Old 05-22-2006, 06:52 PM
RaWr

The point of playing that song is to show how much america is disrespected in terms of soccer, when you think american sports you think baseball do you not? the song in the background is just showing that "this is a whole new ballgame" baseball players dont get that kind of disrespect and they were trying to illustrate that....

although IMO baseball > soccer
but personally I think this gatorade ad is > any other that they have done so far.
"If society is tranquil, it is not because it is conscious of its strength and its well-being, but because it fears its weakness and its infirmities; a single effort may cost it its life. Everyone feels the evil, but no one has courage or energy enough to seek the cure."
Old 05-22-2006, 07:00 PM

why is it that american soccer doesnt get respect, i guess i was being facetious when i said puked but i dont think soccer should use baseballs success.
Old 05-22-2006, 07:04 PM
RaWr

Soccer isnt using it, they are simply just showing what it says at the end of their ad "this is a whole new ballgame"

and soccer isnt respected because europe has long been the dominating force in soccer, and actually when you talk rivalries in american sports they dont even come close to the intensity that europeans have when it comes to "their game" this and our longstanding relationship with being > the world, mixes together with europe being a driving force, they hate american soccer players, and their intensity is so much greater then anything our athletes see as are their fans intensity. I hope im not just rambling.... but all of this mix to create a very hostile enviroment in europe for our boys who kick the ball.
"If society is tranquil, it is not because it is conscious of its strength and its well-being, but because it fears its weakness and its infirmities; a single effort may cost it its life. Everyone feels the evil, but no one has courage or energy enough to seek the cure."
Old 05-22-2006, 07:09 PM

how is it a whole new ballgame whats different about it this one commercial is not going to earn american soccer respect, if we wnat respect then we have to shut up and go kick some butt, not make a commercial on why we should get respect or show that we dont get respect. i guess thats the way i see it.