Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Mechanical Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2006, 01:42 PM
New Guy

Default Hopper advice!!

Wassup you guys i just bought a 2006 spyder xtra with a bunch of upgrades....the gun will supposedly shoot about 30 balls per second but i cant push it to its limit because i only have a stock gravity feed hopper. If any of you have any advice on what kind of hopper i should get please reply to this!!!!!
Old 05-18-2006, 02:48 PM
Banned

Default Re: Hopper advice!!

eggy 2 wit z-board it rocks!
Old 05-18-2006, 04:32 PM
Marine Corps.

i dunno what crackhead told you that the xtra would shoot 30bps ... and most people can't shoot 20bps, some people may be able to do it at bursts, but thats with an electronic frame, and not a mechy frame like yours ....

The shake and bake hoppers .. aka gravity feed hoppers can usually feed only 6 bps until it stops feeding, and you have to shake it .... get a revvy for now ... since you just have a mechy frame ...
Old 05-18-2006, 05:02 PM
Banned

ya who ever told u the xtra could shoot 30bps is quite the retard then. u should go with electric hoppers in order to be very close to 30bps{if it's possible}
Old 05-18-2006, 07:32 PM
New Guy

sorry you guys but i kinda left out the little detail that my gun has been converted into an electronic frame....i uploaded some pics on here to show you......

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=5/13722283359.jpg&s=f5

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=5/13722314737.jpg&s=f5
Old 05-18-2006, 08:05 PM
KUSA KREW FOR LIFE BABY

Get a Z boarded Eggy, that will keep up with the stock frame.
Old 05-19-2006, 01:06 PM
Banned

ah yes the rocking trigger,now that makes it able to shoot 30bps
Old 05-19-2006, 02:48 PM
KUSA KREW FOR LIFE BABY

no the rocking trigger is capable of firing 30 bps, if you have fingers that fast I want to see a vid...
Old 05-19-2006, 07:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_daddy_d
no the rocking trigger is capable of firing 30 bps, if you have fingers that fast I want to see a vid...
true,very true, btw here's a video of a rocking trigger http://www.darksidevideo.org/search/...1462D68794.htm
Old 05-20-2006, 03:56 AM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

My question is: Why do companies create and market guns that supposedly shoot this fast?

Yes, the frame is capable of shooting that fast, yet I don't think the gun is capable of it in it's current configuration, let alone your fingers not being able to move that fast. I feel it's, once again, a marketing ploy to the idiot masses who believe balls per second is more important than the game...It's been my experience that people can't tell the difference anyways! If you'll keep track and watch, people will start off saying they're shooting say 15 bps. The next weekend, they MIRACULOUSLY shoot 20 bps, with bursts up to 25-30.....PUH-LEEZE!!! There used to be a site where you can listen to what each bps sounds like. It really opened my eyes! I realized I was only shooting consistantly around 13-15 bps, more the 13 than anything.

My T1's were all advertised to shoot 30 bps, yet I had to change the bolt, the regulator, the trigger, the modes, put a qev on it, etc, to make it capable of shooting consistantly at a higher rate of speed in Turbo mode, without half cycling, that is. My TES was the same way.

Tournaments almost everywhere now cap the bps rate at 15 or so, mainly due to insurance regulations, but also in an effort to curb "cheating." Fields are putting caps on rec ballers for the same reason. Not to mention that the physical limit of a human beings fingers is somewhere near 17-18 bps, then the only good 30 bps will do is for showing off or cheating. Top that off with the only way you can get there, IF you have a loader capable of feeding that fast, is to use ramping, or any one of the different modes now available to almost anyone with an electronic gun.

Now, I'm not pulling a holier-than-thou attitude, because as you know, I play(ed) in ramping tournaments and I'm all for ramping if it's within the rules. However, I think it is unnecessary to shoot faster than 15 bps...if you can't hold someone in with that much paint, then maybe speedball isn't your thing...

So my question again is, Why put so much effort to develop, market and sell guns with this high rate of fire, when all paintballers know, or should know, that the excess speed is a waste?

I hate it when I can't sleep - I end up thinking about stuff like this!