Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Electronic Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2006, 09:27 PM

Default Broken back cap and Kingmans fix with pics

Ok as with others mine broke as well. I had been following the threads and looking for signs of cracks and never saw any. Saturday before last I had come off the field, looked down and it was gone. I e-mailed Kingman on the 11th and got it today the 15th. I thought you guys might like to see pictures of the new part.

New on the left, broke on the right and one I scrounged for use in the middle

Same but looking into them

old on top new on the bottom.

It appears (I have not broken the calipers out yet) that the only difference is that the new design has a shorter insert. Looks to me as if you could sand or file down the old style to keep it from being impacted by the bolt and snapping off.
Old 05-15-2006, 09:58 PM
New Guy

Default Re: Broken VA and Kingmans fix with pics

you dont' really need it anyways i don't think. I took one off of one of my older spyder guns on purpose and it didn't do anything. just made it where i could see down the tube. I don't really know why i did it i just did.
Old 05-15-2006, 10:40 PM

Default Re: Broken VA and Kingmans fix with pics

Actually I think it is quite important. It keeps dirt and dbris off of your moving parts. Getting something other than what is supposed to be inside your marker will damage it. You can replace the bolt, striker and about everything else but if the body gets scratched up and gaulled there is not much I can see doing except the recycle bin.
Old 05-16-2006, 06:04 AM
Spyder Vet

Default Re: Broken back cap and Kingmans fix with pics

I have to say there's another thing I've noticed with those parts. Some fit tighter in the breech with the pin than others. I realize it's a low end marker (comparatively speaking) but if an aftermarket company made a replacement unit made frome quality metal that was milled to more exacting spec's, with a larger amount of tension adjustment; it would sell like hot-cakes. It wouldn't hurt if it sealed with an o-ring the bolt chamber either- might help LP set ups?
I wonder if there are any after-market guys reading this...
Old 05-16-2006, 08:28 AM

Default Re: Broken back cap and Kingmans fix with pics

I agree with Sandman. Right now I am using a gas through stock but plan on using a Trinity stock once I start modding out the Pilot. I am currently modding out my MR1 first. It would be nice to see a stock that mounts there with a low comb.