Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Veteran Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2005, 05:52 PM
New Guy Old Body

Default services time frame question...

Just looking for opinions on a matter. I turned my e-orracle, mamba, and bushy in for services a week and a half ago. The guy said I owe for 5 hours of labor. He also said the mamba needed a new ram which he priced at $95 for a factory part. Here is the ordeal. 2 1/2 hours was on the angel. He said it really needed the service since it was "gunked up inside". The other 2 1/2 hours was from the autococker disassembly and cleaning. He said he needed a special star socket to complete the disassembly. The bushy hasnt even been touched yet. So far for the labor and a new evil pipe tip, I owe around $160. Granted this is my favorite place to play paintball, I was worried about the 2 1/2 hours for disassembling a e-orracle and cleaning it? Im no pro with these guns as far as complete disassembly is why I turned it over to someone who does know. Does this sound about right for a time frame? I'd like thoughts before I either proceed to find another field or just take it in stride as a good thorough job well done. Thanks in advance.

edit: the $95 part isnt included in the $160
Old Fart Club Member #2 =)
Spyder AMG LCD (2)
Spyder Flash (2)
Raven Primal
Cobra Mamba IR3 with Cobra Tattoo
Old 12-31-2005, 06:04 PM
Forget Sexy, I'm Back.

Default Re: services time frame question...

Sounds very slow on the orracle, only special tool he would need is a valve tool which is standard at any shop.

The time on the angel seems really long and i'm suprised he didnt say the angel needed special tools...and that price seems alil high on the ram.

you better love what you do or there is no use doing it.
Old 01-01-2006, 04:31 AM
Banned

I could of done the Angel service for ALOT less. I'm sure the price of the ram would of been less too. Taking an Angel apart and cleaning it doesn't take half the time they made it take. We've got a guy here that could of done the orracle in 15 minutes tops. Thats what I love about some of the guys here, if you bring them something easy, they'll do it and not even charge you. Most of the shop employees here do things because they enjoy paintball.
Old 01-01-2006, 06:20 AM
New Guy Old Body

Thanks for the input, it seemed long is why I asked opinions. The e-orracle in 2 1/2 hours is disassembly and cleaning, not even reassembled yet. The guy says he is a one man show and plus with the kids out of school its been hard to concentrate on the guns. Guess I'll just go pay what I owe to get the guns back and find a new field. There are a couple, but I show loyalties way too much I suppose. Its a shame since I've dropped many a dollar in that store on new items and playing. Thanks for the help guys.
Spyder AMG LCD (2)
Spyder Flash (2)
Raven Primal
Old 01-01-2006, 06:36 AM
Doing the Time Warp Again

The only special socket is for the cocker asa. If he works on cockers at all he should already have it in his tool box. It's a 1/4" 12pt soscket and may cost as much as $2.00 (depending on quality).

I don't know about Angels, but I would take up to an hour on a complete cocker tear down, thorough cleaning, lubing, reassembly and timing. I wouldn't leave a single piece untouched on my cocker.
Old 01-01-2006, 09:29 PM
New Guy Old Body

the 2 1/2 hours are from disassembly and cleaning only. The guy said its in pieces. He said he had the tool he needed but someone stole it so he is getting another from somewhere.
Spyder AMG LCD (2)
Spyder Flash (2)
Raven Primal
Old 01-02-2006, 07:45 AM
10/19/03

I don't know about the Angel, but 2 1/2 hours for the cocker is rediculous, I could complete disassemble, clean, lube, and reassemble in 30-40 min tops.
Old 01-02-2006, 08:37 AM
Finally! A special name!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierzHonor
The guy says he is a one man show and plus with the kids out of school its been hard to concentrate on the guns.
That's unacceptable... This is HIS JOB and he can't let his life affect his performance to a point that it costs you that much... Fight the price down... One unhappy customer can ruin the reputation of a company... Get in his face and tell him to stop ripping you off... Neither of those guns should have taken that long. I can totally disassemble, clean, lube, and time a cocker in less than 45 minutes... And I consider myself slow... The guy is a crook if he's trying to play it off like he really worked that long on each gun... The Angel should have taken an hour max, and the cocker should have taken about the same... Don't let him do this, or he'll continue doing it to other people...
Old 01-02-2006, 09:50 AM
Resident *******

That is total BS...I cleaned and lubed a cocker (everything taken apart and cleaned, and this gun was narsty) in 30 minutes. FIRST TIME I had ever touched a 'Cocker.

URT... Ultimate Resource Thread!

The [OFFICIAL] Manual Thread!

BigRed Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy Taco
ya my vagina hurts sometimes to
Old 01-02-2006, 11:30 AM
10/19/03

Did you say $95 for the pipe tip, or was that a different part? The don't even cost half of that online...