Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Electronic Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2006, 06:13 AM
New Guy

Default Side scope mount Options?

Hello I am going to purchase a Spyder Pilot soon and am thinking about my options for a Red Dot scope. The only thing I don't care for about this series of Spyder marker is the straight feed tube.

While I realize a paintball marker is not an accurate enough device to utilize a scope most of the time, and that many times there will not be time to line up a aimed shot. I do feel that in some situations a red dot scope may help me line up a shot more accurately when the conditions are right, without giving up my position 'walking in' shots.

I was wondering if anyone made an offset scope rail for the Spyder series of markers, or if there are current spyder scope mounts which I could modify (ie mount scope rails on the side) to fit the pilot?

I figure the accuracy and range of the paintball would make it workable with a offset scope mount considering I'd be shooting at rather large targets.

I'd love a ready available clamp on solution, but I'm also wondering if anyone had any luck mounting scope rails to the side of the receiver? Since a red dot sight has long enough eye relief to be used far from the face, I was wondering if a possible clamp on solution could be had if It was attached to the feed neck of the marker?

Anyway I'm sure there will be people telling me not to bother, and maybe they are right. However I already have a red dot sight for my other hobby, so it would not be a expense in that area. I would like to spend as little as possible on the mounting options, but I figure since a paintball gun has very little recoil and lower accuracy than a real firearm that the mounting solution should not be terribly complex.
Old 05-11-2006, 11:25 AM
The Idiotic Kiwi

Default Re: Side scope mount Options?

you can get red dot ones that attach to ur barrel, you can just loosen the bracket and turn it sidways.

but once u get a target sigted, and it starts moving, you shoot. its goin to land somewhere behind them anyway

1) Buy in bulk and save
2) Cutting in line gets you nowhere, except to the front of the line
3) If something has gone wrong. Its easy to blame yourself, but its EVEN eaiser to blame someone else.
Old 05-11-2006, 01:23 PM
Mo Anam Cara (friend of my soul)

my sales thread has an offset sight...check it out
Old 05-11-2006, 08:03 PM
New Guy

My goal isn't to be a 'sniper' My goal is to have a method of sighting which in am ambush or 'suprise' situation will allow me to put my first shot as CLOSE to the target as possible so he'll have as little time as possible to move or react if follow up shots are needed. Looking at the spider I have a few ideas for fabricating a scope mount which would not require perminant modificaiton.

I'm not keen on a barrel mounted option as mounting devices on the barrel could mess with harmonics, and if nothing else wouldn't hold zero reliabily.
Old 05-12-2006, 07:47 AM
Timmy Collector

someone did have a scope mounted on the side of a fenix, a ways back, i talked to my cousing about this also for my pilot, he is a firearms nut and a machinist, anyways he figures you could drill and tap some holes on the side of the gun for a rail

Pics of my Stuff- Aprill 2011 !

Feedback +11/-0
OFCM#9
Online M-F / Weekend Gone
Paypal
Old 05-12-2006, 08:10 AM

Here is thread by a member who made one.

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=2676