Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Electronic Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2006, 06:05 PM

Default Noid Problems

My problem originated last time I played.
I was playing, and I thought my battery was dying, I had a great shot on someone, and it wouldnt shoot, so I decided to swap batteries between games, and that didnt solve it. After I took of my grips, and looking at the board, I saw nothing wrong, after fidgeting with the connection between the noid and the board *orange and yellow wires* I was able to get it to shoot, however I would get off a couple shots and it would be back to not shooting. I took it apart today to have a better look at it, and tried again, hoping it was just being finiky, but it wasnt, and it didnt work. I still had some intermittent spurts of firing, but I want my gun to actually work. I took out the noid and ran it straight from the battery, and it worked fine, so I knew that wasn't the problem. I connected the wires straight to it, and it still doesnt work. I'm wondering if anyone has had these problems, and if they have any advice other than biting the bullet and getting a new board/frame.
Old 05-09-2006, 09:15 PM
Mo Anam Cara (friend of my soul)

Default Re: Noid Problems

look at the capacitor. if it's bulged or leaking, it's shot. replace it with one from radio shack
Old 05-10-2006, 11:49 AM

I checked that, and no visible damage anywhere, but that does make sense, being what it does, and the symptoms my gun was having, so it still could be the problem. any other suggestions are appreciated, even if they are about a good replacement frame that won't blow my budget.
Old 05-10-2006, 12:11 PM
KUSA KREW FOR LIFE BABY

looking for a used frame? Check out my BST thread have an IPI 3.0 board in there along with a chrome frame for sale...
Old 05-10-2006, 04:12 PM
Marine Corps.

... rather you should just replace the capacitor ... thats ususally the problem in most cases..

BTW are you using rechargable 9.6v batteries ?? ... if not thats your problem ...
Old 05-10-2006, 04:17 PM

bob, you and druid were right, after I posted that last one, before I went out of the house for like 4 hours, I unscrewed the board and saw an abrasion in the wire leading to the capacitor it was hiding on the underside and I hadn't seen it before. Next time I have time, I'll run by radioshack with the capacitor and that should fix my problem, thanks for the help, and I'll let you guys know what happens when I change the capacitor.
Old 05-11-2006, 04:54 PM

well glad you solved ur problem. i had the same firing problem but it turned out to be that my frame was loose. put o-rings under the screws to absorb shock and it works fine.but if its the capacitator then orings wont help.......just get a new one and swap em out.
ghetto gun. (brass eagle raider.)...maybe i should upgrade instead of just buying new markers.....
Old 05-17-2006, 12:25 PM

Turns out I still have a problem, I will hook up the capacitor, and see if that was my problem, however my new problem is that, I could not find a capacitor that is the same as my stock one, and after looking forever, and being anxious to find the right one, I ordered the first 6800 uh / 16v capacitor I found, without double checking the length. When it got here, I knew something was wrong, it was 40mm instead of the 31 mm of the stock capacitor. And for anyone who has seen the internals of this gun, there is no room in the trigger for 10 extra millimeters. If Anyone in the world knows where I can find a 31 mm capacitor that is identical to the stock one, PLEASE help me, otherwise I may wind up cutting a hole in my stickies.
Old 05-17-2006, 03:31 PM
Bling Bling Bling

you can try here: Doro Paintball. They have tons of stock Spyder parts.

HacKeR

Trust
*AO*IO*KUSA*PBN*PHOG*
You have been roshamboed
BAMF-Hacker's Mood: HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!!!!
Old 05-17-2006, 04:05 PM

OOO I like that site, but it didn't have the capacitor. I think I'm just gonna email kingman, see if they'll tell me where they get theirs.