Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Shop Talk - Reviews - Polls > Shop Talk > Accessories & Add-Ons
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2006, 05:46 PM

Arrow Its HPA time! Shootdown?

Ok so on fully automatic every so often (20-30 shots) the gun won't recock automatically. I was told that was due to the CO2. So, just another reason to go HPA. Will HPA help this? Is this what is known as shootdown?

EDIT: So I looked around and decided to go with a 68ci 4500psi. Now, I noticed some say High Pressure and Low Pressure. Well being stock I need high pressure. However, if I switch to/buy a low pressure gun then I won't be able to use this tank right? I will have to re-purchase a low pressure? Thanks!

Oh ya, how are the Kingman Nitro tanks? Any good? So far my eyes are on 3 - Crossfire, Nitro Duck, Dye. Hell, even the Smart Parts ones look good.

Last edited by Slammed0 : 05-07-2006 at 09:46 PM.
Old 05-08-2006, 04:12 AM
Not dead yet!

Default Re: Its HPA time! Shootdown?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slammed0
Ok so on fully automatic every so often (20-30 shots) the gun won't recock automatically. I was told that was due to the CO2. So, just another reason to go HPA. Will HPA help this? Is this what is known as shootdown?
a Spyder sputtering is not 100% CO2 fault. it could be the air passage, how well you maintained the marker, and weather.

actually, i have gotten emails by those that have sputtered more with HPA than CO2.

what i suggest is to make sure you are cleaning the marker after every game day. i also suggest polishing the internals and maybe doing a vertical adaptor modification (VA mod). instructions on my site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slammed0
EDIT: So I looked around and decided to go with a 68ci 4500psi. Now, I noticed some say High Pressure and Low Pressure. Well being stock I need high pressure. However, if I switch to/buy a low pressure gun then I won't be able to use this tank right? I will have to re-purchase a low pressure? Thanks!

Oh ya, how are the Kingman Nitro tanks? Any good? So far my eyes are on 3 - Crossfire, Nitro Duck, Dye. Hell, even the Smart Parts ones look good.
whether you have an LP marker or not, it is best that you go with the high pressure output tanks. that way, you will not encounter sputtering during fast strings of fire.

on an LP marker, you will always have (that i am aware of) a regulator that will reduce the pressure of the tank down to the markers operating pressure.

i like the Crossfire and Nitro Duck tanks. Kingman is not bad. SP is fine also.
Old 05-08-2006, 02:58 PM

Default Re: Its HPA time!

Great Thanks! I will keep all that in mind. Its not the fact that I need to use fully automatic all that much, but when I do, it would be nice for it not to sputter as you put it.

But I do clean my gun all the time after games. Speaking of the hammer, I was reading about the Dark Horizon TI hammer and it is getting excellent reviews. Is that worth a purchase over trying to polish my stock hammer?

Last edited by Slammed0 : 05-08-2006 at 09:36 PM.