Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Electronic Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2006, 03:16 PM
New Guy

Default Shocktech trigger

I have just put in a Shocktech trigger in my Pilot ACS. The problem is that since it uses no return spring I have to keep right on the switch. While this makes my shots faster, I now have a problem with bump fire. Adjusting the trigger out away from the switch makes it worse. Is bump fire a problem (illegal in tournament etc)? If it is what can I do without changeing the trigger again?
Old 05-03-2006, 03:31 PM
Marine Corps.

Default Re: Shocktech trigger

umm... are you talking about bounce ?? .. if thats it ... you can fix it ..., but no it's not illegal in tournaments.

Get rare earth magnets, and put them where your springs should be .. but make them repel .. should be good ... your gonna needa countersink/drill your trigger and frame so the magnets are snug though ...
Old 05-03-2006, 05:06 PM
Mo Anam Cara (friend of my soul)

yep HERE'S THE MOD TUTORIAL

and AND HERE ARE THE MAGNETS
Old 05-03-2006, 06:23 PM
New Guy

The marker will fire when I bump the back of the bottle or the back of the marker. The trigger is not bouncing off the front of the frame or off of the foreward position and then returning to trip the switch, it is only firing when I hit the back of the marker.
Old 05-03-2006, 08:26 PM

exactly...which is why I posted those links...the trigger's weight + no resistance by the switch means it will fire when bumped from the rear. Click the links and do the work...that'll end your problem. period.
Old 05-05-2006, 09:00 AM
New Guy

I just don't want to void the waranty.
Old 05-05-2006, 10:07 AM

then place a spring that's mssing from above the trigger adjustment screw onto the shocktech. If you need one, use a spring from a push-button pen. Clip it to about 1/4" long and epoxy it to the trigger only. It will go between the toe (in front of the mounting pin) and the frame.
Old 05-06-2006, 12:33 PM
Marine Corps.

yep druid's second plan'll work but ... it's not the best ...

BTW ... the kingman warranty's don't really do that much IMO ... it really doesn't cover anything ... and if you didn't send that warranty form out when you first got your gun (or 30 days past) .. that warranty's not gonna do crap ...

If you ever do have problems.. this is the place to go ... we can help fix almost any problem .... if you email kingman they'll charge you for parts and such ...
Old 05-06-2006, 03:28 PM
The Idiotic Kiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooglieboogliebob
BTW ... the kingman warranty's don't really do that much IMO ... it really doesn't cover anything ... and if you didn't send that warranty form out when you first got your gun (or 30 days past) .. that warranty's not gonna do crap ...
see thats a good thing about nz, if you buy something from a new zealand dealer, its covered for a reasonable time (depending on how much you pay for the product) under the consumer guarentees act, so if anything goes wrong they have to refund replace or repair the product.

1) Buy in bulk and save
2) Cutting in line gets you nowhere, except to the front of the line
3) If something has gone wrong. Its easy to blame yourself, but its EVEN eaiser to blame someone else.
Old 05-07-2006, 03:48 PM
New Guy

The first problem is that the spring was not on the top of the trigger but in a spot in front of the screw (about 1/8" in front of the screw). I can' put the spring on top of the trigger where the spring sits because it makes the trigger fire and not return to the starting spot. Under the trigger is out due to the adjustment hole for the trigger.