Dodge 4 18.18%
GMC 0 0%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-04-2006, 08:30 PM
Public Enemy #1

Default Re: which car company?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03TiburonGT
My brother who is currently in school at UTI (Universal Technical Institute) head rumors that was most likely just made up. But he heard that in 10-15 years, Toyota is going to buy out GM and Honda is going to buy out Ford. That leaves the American market with what? Dodge and what else? I see this as possible, maybe not all that plausible, but I would definetly not be suprised.
Toyota buying out GM is a very good possibility and is a very popular rumor. Honda buying Ford I really can't see happening.

D, 03 SVT Cobra = supercharged V8, putting out 390/390. C5 Vette = NA V8 putting out 350/360. Put a blower on the Vette and see where that leads you. Now if you wanna compare NA to NA models. The Mach1 is the Cobra engine without the blower...and that one is 305/320 and runs mid 13s stock. LS1s are mid 12s stock. Oh yeah, did I mention the C5 gets 18/28 when it comes to gas mileage. What does the 03 Cobra get? Thats right...16/22. LS1s are awesome machines. Get great gas mileage, respond excellently to mods and and aren't very expensive.

My bench racing > your bench racing.
Old 05-05-2006, 01:20 PM
still wants a green name

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyshoota

D, 03 SVT Cobra = supercharged V8, putting out 390/390. C5 Vette = NA V8 putting out 350/360. Put a blower on the Vette and see where that leads you. Now if you wanna compare NA to NA models. The Mach1 is the Cobra engine without the blower...and that one is 305/320 and runs mid 13s stock. LS1s are mid 12s stock. Oh yeah, did I mention the C5 gets 18/28 when it comes to gas mileage. What does the 03 Cobra get? Thats right...16/22. LS1s are awesome machines. Get great gas mileage, respond excellently to mods and and aren't very expensive.
The purpose of the comparison was stock for stock. Once you put money into one you have to put money into the other. So you add a blower to your C5, we add a nitrous system and alcohol injection....

Using EPA rating fuel economy is a waste of time. Their ratings are so off its rediculous. Try using Car and Driver actual EPA and that might change the winner of that.

Edmunds.com (the more accurate KBB type pricing system):

2003 Ford Mustang Cobra: $24,023 - $29,830
2003 Chevrolet Corvetter Z06 (couldn't find C5): $34,314

Thats Z06, not even C5. Stock for stock its a no brainer.
Old 05-05-2006, 03:20 PM
Used to be cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by claustrophobia9
not to mention the employees getting layed off at ford here in ohio... i wish i'd stop hearing the same things on the news, over and over again.

Here in Virginia too. The F-150 capitol getting shut down cause ford is making 2 billion profit instead of 5....What a bunch of whiney little girls

VA Baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvin-martian
i like your teachings victa
sp1365: Ive never been shot in the knob
Old 05-05-2006, 06:07 PM
Public Enemy #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03TiburonGT
The purpose of the comparison was stock for stock. Once you put money into one you have to put money into the other. So you add a blower to your C5, we add a nitrous system and alcohol injection....

Using EPA rating fuel economy is a waste of time. Their ratings are so off its rediculous. Try using Car and Driver actual EPA and that might change the winner of that.

Edmunds.com (the more accurate KBB type pricing system):

2003 Ford Mustang Cobra: $24,023 - $29,830
2003 Chevrolet Corvetter Z06 (couldn't find C5): $34,314

Thats Z06, not even C5. Stock for stock its a no brainer.
C5 = base Corvette from 97-05, they sell in the low 20s now. You are still comparing a SC'd car to an NA car. The only way Ford can attempt to compete is with a blower. D wants to talk about the 07 Cobra...wait til the new Camaro comes out, there's a rumored SS model with forced induction.