Originally Posted by newkid
which car company would you choose?
Chevy
Ford
Dodge
GMC
If we're talking vintage cars, Chevy.

If we're talking new cars...E) None Of The Above

I'm getting a new Tacoma myself...which is an American car (it's built in Fremont, CA)
Old 05-03-2006, 01:40 PM
Here, there, everywhere!

Default Re: which car company?

are we talking cars or trucks? (GMC only brands trucks)
if its trucks.....Ford all the way
if its cars....Chevy all the way
I speak from 26 years in the auto repair business and the fact that these actually have the best repair records in real life. Chevy trucks still have weak transmissions and Ford cars have weak engines.......
(my Grandfather is rooling over in his grave...he was adie hard Chevy man!)
Member #12

"Your marker cannot harm me...I'm the Juggernaut!!"
KUSA Feedback +56/-0
New PBN Feedback +20/-0
Old PBN Feedback +92/-0
Old 05-03-2006, 04:02 PM
12/26/03

chevy definatly
Old 05-03-2006, 04:43 PM
Banned

gotta respect the bowtie
Old 05-03-2006, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newkid
gotta respect the bowtie
No, no I don't...I really, really don't...

The only thing any American car maker does well at the moment are the larger trucks...but once the 2007 Tundra comes out even that nitch will be lost to them.

Do yourself a favor: Buy foreign and pay $10 for the bowtie logo badge, because buying American these days is only about having that badge...not about what is actually better. US car makers need to wake the &#!$! up and fast or be put out to pasture. I've got quite a few friends that are car dealers...all selling American. They can't sell anything...the story they tell me is that Toyota is selling like mad, followed by other foreign makes, but that no one selling American can sell anything to save their life. There's a reason US makers have a ton of major incentive offers going on right now while Toyota and the others have almost none. The foreign makers don't need to slash their prices to sell like the US makers do...
Old 05-03-2006, 05:11 PM
Public Enemy #1

LS1 > all. So Chevy for the win. But I'd take a Honda. My old Honda was stolen like a month ago. In another week or so I should be getting a Nissan 240sx. Japanese for me please. Maybe in 2008 I might get the new Camaro though.
Old 05-03-2006, 05:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03TiburonGT
Yeah pretty much. Build quailty of American made cars is pretty bad. Ford and chevys alike fall apart after 6-7 years while Hondas and Toyotas will keep running for up to 15. I'm not saying all American made cars will last that long, and the same for Hondas and Toyotas. If the choice were there, I would choose Honda. They have recieved car of the year (Civic) and truck of the year (Ridgeline) from Car and Driver. They have developed two hybrid vehicles - always a plus for the environment and for gas. Their build quality has been solid throughout the last 15 years. They put out great daily drivers (Civic, Accord), fast cars at a great price (Civic SI, S2000), and reliable SUVs and trucks. To me, the choice is obvious.
not to mention the employees getting layed off at ford here in ohio... i wish i'd stop hearing the same things on the news, over and over again.
Old 05-03-2006, 05:58 PM
still wants a green name

My brother who is currently in school at UTI (Universal Technical Institute) head rumors that was most likely just made up. But he heard that in 10-15 years, Toyota is going to buy out GM and Honda is going to buy out Ford. That leaves the American market with what? Dodge and what else? I see this as possible, maybe not all that plausible, but I would definetly not be suprised.
Old 05-03-2006, 07:44 PM

There's not much differece between most car companies....the "imports" are built in the US. The "domestic" cars are mostly built in Mexico (or mopst of the sum of their parts and they are only assembled in the US).

Foreign cars? Oh, you must mean Ford, Chevy, etc... LOL
Old 05-04-2006, 07:54 PM
wat

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyshoota
LS1 > all. So Chevy for the win. But I'd take a Honda. My old Honda was stolen like a month ago. In another week or so I should be getting a Nissan 240sx. Japanese for me please. Maybe in 2008 I might get the new Camaro though.
I still don't understand why you feel this way, the old Vettes (03 C5's) had a slower 0-60 and a slower quarter time than the 03 Cobras. To each his own I suppose, I still think you just enjoy bashing Fords for no apparent reason. And although the Vettes take the Cobra handling wise, who cares when it comes to a daily driver? And then the 07 Cobra is going to be a C6 ZO6 eater..can't wait for that..but noo that LS1 is so fantastic.

I'm still torn between an F-150 and a Z-71 Silverado..both would be 4x4, around 2000-2002 year models. I'm also considering just stepping up to a GT from my current Mustang to save gas and save money..I just can't decide..