Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Mechanical Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2006, 03:28 PM
New Guy

Default Should i get

Should i get the MR1 or the A-5 plz give a reason for your decison thank you
Old 04-27-2006, 09:22 PM

Default Re: Should i get

over 3000 balls fired out of my MR1 and not a single break. Try clearing a broken ball out of the cyclone feed system of the A5.
Old 04-27-2006, 09:22 PM
New Guy

I believe dollar for dollar the MR1 is a WAY better marker. At the field I play on most of the time there are tons of A5s, and just my MR2 and my buddies MR1. So if you want somthing different go with the MR1 or 2. they flat out perform the A5, at least in our hands. Great accuracy, fast, and solidly built and super reasonbly priced. I think $97 on actionvillage
Old 04-28-2006, 08:09 AM

Cool Re: Should i get

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbiepaintballer
Should i get the MR1 or the A-5 plz give a reason for your decison thank you
I think the Spyder MR1 represents a tremendous value and is, straight up, the best marker you can get for under $100. It is completely fieldworthy and great to shoot right out of the box.

That said, if you have the bucks, the Tippmann A-5 is a superior marker. The Cyclone feed _is_ God's gift to woodsball. Side by side with the MR1, right out of the box*, you will get more firepower, comparable accuracy, better balance, a lower profile, and superior durability with an A-5. (I have two MR1s and four A-5s, so you can trust me on that...)

You can do some truly amazing things with the A-5 -- it's absolutely versatile.

A Spyder is slightly easier to field strip and maintain, because the inline internals of an A-5 are not quite as intuitively understood as the stacked guts of an MR1's blowback mechanism, but once you have field-stripped a Tippy twice, it's child's play. Still, I love my MR1, and I actually shoot with it by choice even when I have the A-5 available.

* I absolutely agree that you can do a lot very cheaply to make an MR1 into an amazing gun, though. An e-loader, an e-trigger, and an aftermarket bolt for the MR1 can be had for the price difference between the MR1 and the A-5, and for the price of an A-5 with E-Grip, you can _really_ soup up your full-auto e-trigger MR1 with a lightened striker, light trigger switch, and a Delrin blade trigger -- and still have money left for some Dye grips! But out of the box the balance is tipped in favor of the Tippy.

Last edited by lilc : 04-28-2006 at 08:16 AM.
Old 04-28-2006, 05:25 PM
not a nublet, sheesh.

Well, looking past the $$$ factor, the A-5 may be superior out of the box, but if we look at cost, the MR1 is probably the way to go. Or MR2 if you want to spend as much as the A-5 because the MR2 truly does have superior features, an ACS, and the e-frame, plus it looks truly awesome.
Trinity Front block
IPS Sunbear Bolt
Dark Horizon titanium striker

Green/silver VSC CCI Phantom

Red/Black PMR SE
Old 04-29-2006, 08:03 AM
New Guy

I neve thought about the MR2 does it have semi auto bursts and then i need to invest in a electric hopper what about the tippmann a-5 e gun is that good
Old 04-29-2006, 10:37 AM
New Guy

what about this gun is it good http://cgi.ebay.com/SYSTEM-X-TYPE-X-...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 04-29-2006, 03:01 PM
Spyder Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbiepaintballer
I neve thought about the MR2 does it have semi auto bursts and then i need to invest in a electric hopper what about the tippmann a-5 e gun is that good
Yes it has semi-auto, burst modes, and full auto. Yes, then you'd need an electric hopper but I think the A-5 E-triggered costs much more, IIRC.
Old 04-29-2006, 03:48 PM
not a nublet, sheesh.

Well, you don't realy need to get a new hopper because with the ACS you shouldn't chop. My friend has a pilot ACS with a stock hopper and he rips it sometimes, you can hear it missing shots, but it doesn't chop which is the key.
Trinity Front block
IPS Sunbear Bolt
Dark Horizon titanium striker

Green/silver VSC CCI Phantom

Red/Black PMR SE
Old 04-29-2006, 04:32 PM
Marine Corps.

... it will chop though ... just because the ACS is there doesn't mean it's not bound to chop ... if it has a chance to happen it will ... gravity fed hoppers are unpredictable .. if they had a steady and consistent drop rate .. that'd be awesome ... but it doesn't and thats the way of life .. so go get a revvy or an eggy ...