Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Shop Talk - Reviews - Polls > Shop Talk > Air Systems
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2006, 05:25 PM
Hossy's Avatar
Hossy Hossy is offline
Has Been
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,401
Arrow Nitro

im looking for a nitro tank, and i dont know what size or any of the letters or symbols mean. i dont play all that much and im joining a team, but i play enough that i should get the Nitro tank

any suggestions on what to buy?
any help on what the sizes mean?

Originally Posted by HelpDeskHustler View Post
It just occurred to me that "bad company" may be a terrible name for a team sponsored by only one company.
Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 05:36 PM
bamf-hacker's Avatar
bamf-hacker bamf-hacker is offline
Bling Bling Bling
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: In your PC...
Posts: 5,941
Default Re: Nitro

Any tank from Crossfire is a good choice...

The first number (45, 68, 72 etc...) is the size of the tank. So a 68ci tank is 68 Cubic Inches big.

The second number is the psi or pressure the tank can hold. The 3 options are 3000, 4500 and 5000. The higher the PSI the more shots you get per tank fill.

The third thing you will need is if the tank is high or low pressure. There is a regulator on the tank that controls the output and a High Pressure tank will put out about 800psi, a Low Pressure tank will put out about 300psi. I would go with a high pressure tank since most markers, not Angels, will accept a high pressure tank.

There is you info... Please post up if you have more questions.

Originally Posted by TheRedBarron
secks comes to mind everytime I look at those markers. pure freaky secks.

You have been roshamboed
Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 06:37 PM
vikingshadow's Avatar
vikingshadow vikingshadow is offline
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Where my stuff is. Duh!
Posts: 6,950
Default Re: Nitro

What size you need really depends on where you play and how efficient your gun is. The most common size is a 68/4500. Works great for mids, not too heavy for fronts, and normally you can get a decent number of shots for a back player. A lot of fronts use a 45/4500 because it's smaller and lets the player get in tighter. Some backs use a larger tank than the 68/4500 because they lay a lot of paint down during each game. I played mid/front and insert most of the time (sometimes having to fill in for the front and sometimes in the back) and my 68/4500 was MORE than enough. I only almost drained it in one game, and I shot A LOT of paint that game as a back player...

I'd say it depends on whether you can get it filled to 4500 psi at your local field. If they only fill to 3000 psi, then 4500 would be a waste of money since there'll be 1500 psi not being used.
Pressing on
Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." ~ Anonymous
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:02 PM.