Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Mechanical Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 11:50 PM
New Guy

Smile hi ...i`m a complete noob

i just wanted to say hi and to say i played paintball for the first time last weekend and i am HOOKED

let me preface that by saying i`m a 44 year old man.

i bought a kit <sonix> off ebay for $99 , my friend sold me 2,000 XBALLS and off we went.

we played on my friends land... its in the woods and they have it set up pretty nice.... with a few pallets up on end and a few fox holes dug for bunkers.

but i had the time of my life! what a rush!

this is gonna get some laffs because i didnt know what to wear....so i wore a white t-shirt and jeans....

that wont happen again! i just bought all camo gear ha!

we played 5 on 5 ...and the camroderie was so fun!

i did have a comment...the Sonix is a great gun! the other players said i made a great choice in getting the sonix

after playing six hours....my barrel was as clean as when i bought it.

i`m told if i was to upgrade my sonix... i should upgrade my barrel...any suggestions?

I LOVE THIS SPORT!
Old 04-22-2006, 01:27 AM
sna'foo.....um.....gesund heit

Arrow Re: hi ...i`m a complete noob

Geez, this sounds soooo familiar for some reason....almost deja vous. I know someone that payed $200 for his first Sonix and has been an addict as well. For $99, you got a deal lol -

Anyways, welcome to the forums and the addiction to the game of paintball. Enjoy your stay here and there are a lot of knowledgable people here to help you with any question you have about Spyder's -
KUSA Old School Alumni #4939

Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius while feeling alone apposed to smiling adversaries....

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6&dateline=1201845216
Old 04-22-2006, 03:59 AM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

Default Re: hi ...i`m a complete noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGON
Geez, this sounds soooo familiar for some reason....almost deja vous. I know someone that payed $200 for his first Sonix and has been an addict as well. For $99, you got a deal lol -
Don't forget - the guy you're talking about is also in his 40's now....

But I wore camo my first time playing so we aren't exactly alike! So there! Ha!

Welcome to the forums, and like Dragon said, any questions you have, feel free to ask. Nice to see ANOTHER rocking chair member who's first gun was a Sonix. You're right. They're AWESOME guns...did you get a new one, or an older version (the part where the balls feed in is angled on the old ones, and you have to cock it on the side. The newer ones are vertical feed and top cocking - I think.) The Sonix is very upgradable and you can (and probably should) change the barrel.
Old 04-22-2006, 05:12 AM
shake shake shake shake shake shake

Sonix, as well as other spyders, are great guns. My sonix always works, its so reliable. I can always fall back on it if my other guns don't work. I run it with a teardrop barrel, acs bolt, and an electronic frame. It has never let me down yet. Have fun with yours!
Old 04-22-2006, 11:04 AM
New Guy

depends on how much you are willing to spend on a new barrel

the J&J ceramic and spart parts progressive are both good barrels for about 40 bucks

the smart parts all-american is nice for 60

and the dye boomstick is awesome but its 100-120 bucks..lots of money for a barrel
Old 04-22-2006, 11:42 AM
Mo Anam Cara (friend of my soul)

Welcome Old Timer (yer 8 years older than me ) Glad you had a blast but I'm going to be the ***ering one of the group...don't take it personally, I do this to all the newbies.....
I don't care what the reason....
NEVER REMOVE YOUR MASK IN PLAY!

there's an article (a long one) that will reinforce what I mean...I really think you should read it...all of it.

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=2292

Picture holding a raw egg in your index finger and thumb and squeeze. That's your unprotected eye when struck with a paintball.

When you guys are out playing, you should create a "dead-box" and "safe areas". This means barrel bags on/plugs in (bags are better than plugs); muzzles pointed at ground; marker's powered off/safeties are on. NEVER look down your barrel to see what's blocking it, mask on or not.

I know that you are not a child and I don't mean to talk to you like one, but I've been playing 16 years and have seen the most freaky accidents happen.

And Murphy's Law always asserts itself when it can. Treat paintball markers with the same respect you treat a firearm with.

Last edited by druid : 04-22-2006 at 11:54 AM.
Old 04-22-2006, 08:37 PM
New Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGON

Anyways, welcome to the forums and the addiction to the game of paintball. Enjoy your stay here and there are a lot of knowledgable people here to help you with any question you have about Spyder's -
thank you for the welcome
Old 04-22-2006, 08:42 PM
New Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingshadow
Don't forget - the guy you're talking about is also in his 40's now....

But I wore camo my first time playing so we aren't exactly alike! So there! Ha!

Welcome to the forums, and like Dragon said, any questions you have, feel free to ask. Nice to see ANOTHER rocking chair member who's first gun was a Sonix. You're right. They're AWESOME guns...did you get a new one, or an older version (the part where the balls feed in is angled on the old ones, and you have to cock it on the side. The newer ones are vertical feed and top cocking - I think.) The Sonix is very upgradable and you can (and probably should) change the barrel.
i take my walker out to the field and open a can o "whoop-ass" I do have a vertical feed and top cocking. thank you for making me feel welcome. we old timers need to stick together!
Old 04-22-2006, 08:50 PM
New Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by druid
Welcome Old Timer (yer 8 years older than me ) Glad you had a blast but I'm going to be the ***ering one of the group...don't take it personally, I do this to all the newbies.....
I don't care what the reason....
NEVER REMOVE YOUR MASK IN PLAY!

there's an article (a long one) that will reinforce what I mean...I really think you should read it...all of it.

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=2292

Picture holding a raw egg in your index finger and thumb and squeeze. That's your unprotected eye when struck with a paintball.

When you guys are out playing, you should create a "dead-box" and "safe areas". This means barrel bags on/plugs in (bags are better than plugs); muzzles pointed at ground; marker's powered off/safeties are on. NEVER look down your barrel to see what's blocking it, mask on or not.

I know that you are not a child and I don't mean to talk to you like one, but I've been playing 16 years and have seen the most freaky accidents happen.

And Murphy's Law always asserts itself when it can. Treat paintball markers with the same respect you treat a firearm with.
DRUID>>>i'll take all the advise i can get ...and thank you for posting that. that raw egg scenario is right on. because i got shot a few times, and know how it feels. Thank you for taking the time to post that,i appreciate it
Old 04-22-2006, 08:54 PM
New Guy

and to all the others...thank you

taking that info in...anout the barrel
Closed Thread