Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Mechanical Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2006, 04:28 PM

Question mr owners please look inside

i will be posting this in both mr sections since this research relates to both markers. if the mods think it's inappropriate please close one but link them together somehow if you can even do that ha ha. thanks

just wondering how much you dislike the existing feedneck on the new mr's from kingman? i plan to get one of these in the very near future myself. the ones i have seen with the plastic elbow look a bit high and awkward. somewhat similar to the spyder's with plastic adapters for the vert feeds. the ccm lowrise feedneck on my imagine has made a big difference in the profile of my gin and totally keeps the hopper from moving in the least bit.

would there be any interest in a quality all aluminum feedneck for mr owners that would lower the profile and prevent the hopper from swiveling? since the configuration to mill such a piece would be a bit more difficult, would you be willing to pay a bit more than the ones offered for the vert feed spyder's?

another thing; since there are very little aftermarket parts available for the mr series spyder's, what types of add-ons would you like to see produced? by add-ons i mean improvement/functional ups and ups for meerly cosmetic milsim purposes.

thanks in advance for any feedback you may provide on this topic.......
Old 04-19-2006, 06:37 PM
The Modfather

Default Re: mr owners please look inside

i think something like the Rufus Dawg centre feed kit for the tippmanns would be nice for speedball setups, and a 45 degree, clamping feedneck to lower the hopper. in my opinion, the most desirable ubgrade for the MR1 would be an anti-chop bolt that allows you to still use the stock, as well as the quick strip cocking knob(which no bolt currently on the market can do). there's lots of things that would be good, and i encourage anyone else to voice their opinion. it's a well made marker, but it leaves a lot to be desired.
Old 04-20-2006, 07:06 PM

Arrow Re: mr owners please look inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by SundragonPPS
...since there are very little aftermarket parts available for the mr series spyder's, what types of add-ons would you like to see produced? by add-ons i mean improvement/functional ups and ups for meerly cosmetic milsim purposes...
I like the ESP electronic trigger frame mod for the MR1, rounded out with a Delrin blade trigger (Fireball Mountain), a 25-gram switch (Scenario Dreams), and comfy Sticky 3 Grips (Dye). It makes it a whole new gun -- you get modes, plus it walks real fast on semi.

For uprated internals, I like a custom ringless Delrin bolt and lightened striker (Alamo City), an aftermarket valve (not LP though!), and a spring kit (Shocktech). This lets you tune up all the reciprocating parts and help your gun achieve smooth, high cyclic rates reliably.

And don't forget an e-loader! Some people don't like the Halo TSA, but mine works more reliably than my Halo B, and it's rated for 15BPS, a good match for the ESP. And it's cheap ($50-$60)!

Last edited by lilc : 04-20-2006 at 07:12 PM.
Old 04-21-2006, 11:00 AM

Thumbs up Re: mr owners please look inside

SupermanDan do you have a link to the Rufus Dawg centre feed kit that you speak of? if i'm not mistaken the mr1 bolts are the same as the older shorty style bolts. there are none of those available in the acs style from kingman. what do tou mean by quick strip cocking knob? doesn't the bolt pin simply pull out to release the bolt? thanks for your feedback, well taken.

lilc you're mentioning your existing setup while i'm asking for suggestions of new products that don't exist to improve the mr's. thanks anyways.
Old 04-21-2006, 02:16 PM
The Modfather

you know how the cocking knob/striker pin comes out of the bolt if you want to disassemble the gun? since the MR1 does that, the slot cut in the body for the bolt/striker pin doesn't go all the way to the back, so a regular bolt wouldn't work(regular spyders have a slit all the way back so the bolt and striker come out as one piece). i think i know how to mod an existing rear cocking bolt to work, but i don't have any of the tools to do it. and i think you're right about the older bolt style. i think a bolt for the spyder compact might work, but i'm not sure.

and as for the Rufus Dawg kit, here's a link to their site: http://rufusdawg.com/Merchant2/merch...y_Code=MAR-ACC

the centre feed kit puts the feed neck on top of the gun, instead of to the side. this eliminates the need for a bent elbow, allowing the balls to feed faster and easier. for a speedball setup, this would be really good. of course, with the MR1, you would need to do some milling to make it work.
Old 04-21-2006, 03:11 PM
not a nublet, sheesh.

Yeah, that'd be impossible to do for a buyable upgrade, but why would one need to, I'm pretty sure most people buy the MR1/2 because they want milsim...

Sundragon, you might an MR1 or 2 for yourself to see what works, probably easier to do it that way...

I think your idea of a sidefeed clamp feedneck is good. Perhaps if the kingman ACS doesn't fir, you could make one. I doubt that theres copyright, because numerous companies make them, and the jam bolt was the first.
Trinity Front block
IPS Sunbear Bolt
Dark Horizon titanium striker

Green/silver VSC CCI Phantom

Red/Black PMR SE
Old 04-21-2006, 07:05 PM

Ok I will probably chop balls all day tomorrow after posting this but has anyone had a problem with there MR1 chopping balls? I have put over 3K through mine with out a single broken ball. If you want to make something how a bout a stock with out a top rail and a built in velocity adjuster.
Old 04-24-2006, 12:40 PM

Exclamation Re: mr owners please look inside

Quote:
...lilc you're mentioning your existing setup while i'm asking for suggestions of new products that don't exist to improve the mr's. thanks anyways.
Quote:
...would there be any interest in a quality all aluminum feedneck for mr owners that would lower the profile and prevent the hopper from swiveling? since the configuration to mill such a piece would be a bit more difficult, would you be willing to pay a bit more than the ones offered for the vert feed spyder's?...
Yes, this would be a good idea. However, the utility of a low profile clamping feed neck on am MR1 is reduced somewhat because the high-line stock doesn't allow much goggle clearance. That means if you want to put a sight on it, you either have to offset it to the left or figure out how to add a raised rail. The high profile of the feed neck, even though it's already offset at 45 degrees is really what helps gives you a clear sight picture with the MR1. You could create a low profile neck, but guys who want sights will either have to use a left-side offset like the JCS or find a stock that let's them get down right behind the top rail to see underneath the body of a lower-mounted hopper...
Old 04-25-2006, 01:09 PM
i will rain apon u!!!

lilc is that a pro team expansion chambers
Old 04-25-2006, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamaha cow
lilc is that a pro team expansion chambers
Lapco. http://www.lapcopaintball.com/prod/a...cessories.html