Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Electronic Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2006, 06:20 AM
New Guy

Default New Pilot ?

I just got a Pilot and love it. I just have a few questions.

1. I was playing the other day and it started to fire double shots (like burst, not 2 balls just 2 rapid shots) and would on occasion would not recock. I am running co2 and I have adjusted my trigger over travel but I have sence changed the trigger back to the way it was when I got it. Am i accidentaly bump firing when I get a little over zelous on the trigger or could it be a CO2 problem.

2. I am wanting to go to HPA to help with the rediculous velocity changes from CO2. The guy at the shop told me that I don't have to get a Reg for it if I use a prest bottle (aprox 800psi output). Is he correct or do I have a long and bumpy road in front of me?

3. This is actualy a non spider question but... What happened to 3A paintball products? I have a 3A knockout barrel and I love it, but I can't find any other info or the like on them. Did they go out of business or what? I got the barrel last year and have been away from the game for the last 9 months or so.
Old 04-17-2006, 06:50 AM
NDZ ftw

Default Re: New Pilot ?

i can answer #2. most all tanks are preset, i haven't seen any that aren't. so hes right you dont need a reg, the tank coems with one in it. try and get a 800psi one WGP makes a nice one 50/3000 same as i have and i get 700shots out of my tank, also a 68ci tank cover fits it like a glove.
Old 04-17-2006, 06:58 AM
Mo Anam Cara (friend of my soul)

1. oil/change striker O-ring
2. is correct. just get an HPA bottle of what you can afford and directly link it to the asa
3. 3a stopped making bottles and tank regs (including the Centerflags they had installed) about a year ago...then their website went unavailable. Assuming the worst, they too went under by bigger companies like Dye, SP and the like
Old 04-17-2006, 09:49 AM
New Guy

Be very careful with your pilot because i had a couple of problems with it. First of all, the striker bolt plug can easily break off. Mine did. Second, be especially careful when you clean the gun. the top cocking bolt on mine popped off when i fired ten shots, and i lost it. So just letting you know to be very careful. It was a cool gun, at first.