Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Veteran Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2006, 08:41 AM
Forget Sexy, I'm Back.

Default Re: Leaving???

man more and more people leaving...sad but thats life.

I have yet to see my end in sight but i'm sure you will find other things to devote your time and $$ to that you will enjoy just as much.

you better love what you do or there is no use doing it.
Old 04-18-2006, 11:35 AM
Giant Glass Beverage

ya pb is like crack, hes right... i always say im gonna quit playin after july, but then when the fresh spring air rolls in, and u see all the new guns come out, ur just sucked right back in... when i upped my imagine(over 200$ into it.), all last year, and then mid summer rolled around and i was like WTF DID I DO I AM A DUMB ASS, But now im back into it, sometimes its good to put somethin down for a lil bit, (i also got to the point where it was all i thought about, i literaly wanted to paintball everywhere i went, i would think what if i could paintball in the mall, my house, the movie theatre, school... and eventually i got tired of it.) but like he said before, try new things, play a scenario game, or more woodsball, or if u do that, then try airball.. dont worry about it, im sure u would regret selling all your stuff eventually in the long run...
Old 04-18-2006, 11:37 AM
xXH4Cker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGON
Paintball is like crack; if you leave, you'll be back -
LOL, Siggyed!
Old 04-18-2006, 12:37 PM
Banned

ya i was considering leaving paintball 4 a while, bc i haven't played in about 5 months my gear just sits in the corner waiting 2 b used. But eventually, one day i'll play paintball again{i'm not leaving paintball} just have 2 wait and see what happens.

sucks 2 see another member come and go though
Old 04-18-2006, 04:44 PM
Unofficial member of the Old Farts Club... 40 going on 15

I've been away from the game since about 1992. That's when I had my first kid. Can't make time for everything. When my son turned 13 back in 05 we both started to play. Like was said earlier in this thread, I'm not to thrilled with what I'm seeing from players these days. I'm not sure if it's just the people I've run into or society in general, but the complete lack of respect for others seems to run rapid on the speedball field. Trash talking, cursing when there are obviously small children around, and no-one taking responsibility for there actions. I've played in many speedball games where guys were pummeled with rounds after their arms were up in the air as they were walking off the field. Sometimes I know accidents happen, but what's wrong with the shooter taking responsibility for what he has done and apologizing. I was personally nailed by someone after I was out and walking off the field, who from what I could tell by the bruise on my leg and the pain it inflicted, was shooting hot. I confronted him after the game suggesting he get the gun checked again and told him he nailed me as I was walking off. Not one, I'm sorry man, nothing. He said he had his gun checked that morning and didn't want any part of getting it checked again.

Back in the good old days, my boys and I were playing woodsball against another team Outlaw style in the woods of RI. I had a clean shot at the top of another players head. What did I do, I told him to either move his head, or I would take the head shot. He moved I nailed him in the shoulder. I guess it all goes back to respect for others.

I think this year is going to be a woodsball year. Last year was strictly speedball. I'm hoping to get away from the big attitudes and hopefully have some fun with my son.
2 - IONs - 360 QEV, Egg II, Redz Clamping Feedneck, TechT L7,ND Detents. Freak w/ All American Front

Old 04-18-2006, 05:16 PM
Imperial Outbreak

I'm taking a break from paintball till I can get a job to support it and a car to take me to it. Honestly, I'm fed up with everyone cheating at the field. It's just to much and the refs don't care. I understand that you can miss a few things and I'm fine with that but the obvious stuff should be called. Also I don't mind being bonus balled. It just makes be play better next game so I can stay in the whole game and then I don't get bonus balled.
Old 04-19-2006, 07:11 PM

sweet heavens... It seems most of the board decided to quit while ive been gone... Thats kind of sad. At least KUSA is still sort of alive

Proud Owner of an Automag!
Old 04-20-2006, 04:16 PM
not a nublet, sheesh.

Ah this happens all to often people have been saying the same thing on other forums. What I say is, don't play speedball, go back to the origin of paintball, play woodsball, don't get worked up on it, just become a walkon, in woodsball the players are generally better in my opinion from what I've seen, perhaps try playin pump, bring a true chalenge to the game. Maybe take a break for a bit, back off from everything paintball, and come back in a year or so. You'll be happier, and the novelty will make it so much more fun.
Trinity Front block
IPS Sunbear Bolt
Dark Horizon titanium striker

Green/silver VSC CCI Phantom

Red/Black PMR SE
Old 04-25-2006, 03:31 PM
I don't date guys I can bunker

wow lots of people like me. honestly, i'm tired of it. paintball just isn't as fun for me as it used to be. my team didn't do much last year, and i'm probably not going to be able to do anything with them this year, which would be fine, but now my fiance is on the team and he's going psycho. he's obsessed. so i guess he's going to be playing a lot while i'm not. i'm considering a job change which will have me working weekends.... no more tourneys for me. i'm just starting to see it all as a big waste of money and time. a case of paint is more than a tank of gas for me. a gun is an entire paycheck or (depending on the gun) 2 months rent. and when i put it in that perspective... it seems less appealing. not to mention the cheating and bad attitudes already spoken of. i'm not selling my equipment, my fiance would skin me (he likes working on my guns now and sitting on the couch dreaming and holding them). i guess i'm just bummed out about paintball these days.

keep the mags.
Old 04-26-2006, 04:42 PM

I will be keeping the Mags and the Hornet for now. Since I cannot play right now anyway I will just sit out this hiatus and see how things are when I can finally have the chance to play.

To be continued....