Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Veteran Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2006, 07:12 PM
Fluent in Stroll

Default Re: Leaving???

angel, what was the point of you posting that video? just telling us you agree with what recon said would have sufficed, we all know that type of thing happens, but most of us try to ignore it rather than showing the disgrace to more people. this was part of the reason both recon and vike are quitting, they couldnt take the stupid kids anymore.

so thanks for pushing all of us closer to the edge...

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Skanking to the beat.
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Climb to the heavens on feathers and dreams
Because the melting point of wax means nothing to me.
Old 04-17-2006, 07:14 PM
I wanna be formal but I'm here to party!

I too am kinda on a hiatus. I have a pump tourney this weekend that I personally promoted and after that I have another pump league event on the 28th of May but I'm not playing in between the two date's as I'm really just burnt out even with pump play as I noticed I'm still sometimes running into some problem's at field's.

I had some Ion toting brand new Diablo gear wearing fool start mouthing off after winning against a bunch of recballer's and he started going on about how good he is and I jumped on him saying if he was that good he wouldn't be playing here today (season opener's of ICC and CTS series on the same day). I doubt he knew what I was talking about but it shut him up but still I'm burnt out on fighting/arguing with people it just get's old. I'm not quitting but I think I'm just gonna chill for a bit. I know I'm selling my cocker and sniper2 and getting a phantom again so who know's how long my hiatus will last.

My advice is to sell everything but you mag's but go ahead and get your p-mag done as it would look great and be a good shooter when you do come back to the game.

JB.
Old 04-17-2006, 08:21 PM
wat

I'm in the same spot. Every bit of my gear is gone with the exception of some allen wrenches. I still sell gear but I just never play anymore..
Old 04-17-2006, 09:23 PM
Spyder Addict

Sorry to hear it Dibs on the Tac One again
Old 04-18-2006, 12:11 AM

I thought you picked up one? If I do part with the mags, it is yours. Want the EOTech on it too? LOL Every paintball marker needs a $350 holo sight!
Old 04-18-2006, 03:34 AM
Not dead yet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recon by Fire
Anyone else considering an exodus???
Old 04-18-2006, 05:09 AM

I haven't played since i left for college. ~5 years now. i still have my spyder i started with and used to play three man. but i would get soo pissed off at the cheating and cost of cheap worthless cra.... i mean gear. I still have my stuff and i'm comming outa my hole. but i'll never look at the tourney side again. rec ball is where the fun is at. just go out to a decent field. foot the $100 bill once a year and give em hell.
Old 04-18-2006, 05:53 AM
not a nublet, sheesh.

Ah I've not yet gotten into the tourney scene so I have nothing to be unhappy about. I love to hear people want to go back to pumps, thats where I'm headed right now aswell. I've ordered myself a custom phantom. Play the recball, its as so many people have put it "where the funs at." Though Playing with you speedball vets isn't so much fun for everyone else... Unless you're all toting pump markers rather than some 800$+ gun.

Theres also the option of just take a break for a few years. Lots of people do it, and they're back without even a thought the next time they play.
Trinity Front block
IPS Sunbear Bolt
Dark Horizon titanium striker

Green/silver VSC CCI Phantom

Red/Black PMR SE
Old 04-18-2006, 06:15 AM
Bling Bling Bling

another one leaving.......

Sad to see you go. Just remember you can come back and play. It is not an all or nothing thing. Go out for some recball with some friends. Or get a once or twice a year big group together. That is what we do.

I play once a month or so when I can, family comes first. Then we play 2 big games a year, 50 or so friends in a dedicated group. That way we don't have the 12 year old walk-ons with their Mommy and Daddy bought DM6's (no offense to anyone, just some of those kids don't respect money or the sport) We have a great time and most of us cant wait until the next time we play.

Just my .02

Again sad to see you go, but again remember it is not an all or nothing thing. Play every once in a while, you need to it is in your blood

HacKeR

Trust
*AO*IO*KUSA*PBN*PHOG*
You have been roshamboed
BAMF-Hacker's Mood: HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!!!!
Old 04-18-2006, 07:09 AM
Spyder Addict

I never bought one. I bought a Palmer Blazer. I actually have a Spec-Ops Recon Team sponsorship now........and we get an amazing discount! Haven't priced out a Tac-One though!