Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Veteran Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2006, 08:19 AM

Default Ok going low pressure

I just can't get enough lately . But i refuse to buy high pressure air. its hard for me to get. I already have a bulk co2 tank etc. plus i like the apparent performance increase.

what do you guys think and do you have any of the parts i would need?

So what i need.

BOLT: looking for someones stock spyder rear cocking bolt they don't use anymore. i want to convert it to low pressure use. OR. Can the venturi be removed from my Bob Long cyclone III?

Valve: Anyone have the reference to modifying youre stock valve for higher flow? i know its possible. otherwise madman rocket? or 32* turbo?

Reg: i'm using CO2 so i'm pretty fixed on the palmer male stabalizer.

According to my handy dandy Co2 dynamics chart. under stock gun configuration, with no regulator. i can expect the internal tank pressure to be all over the place. on a 90* day pressure can spike to 1200psi, and back down to 800 when the tank chills its self under high fire rates. Big velocity swing with that.

BUT If i have a gun that can opperate at 500 psi. to be modest. that would allow the marker to get fairly consistant pressures down to about 30*f. the co2 would keep the low end stable and the regulator to keep the high.

Low pressure is key!

Old 04-14-2006, 09:14 AM
not a nublet, sheesh.

Default Re: Ok going low pressure

Well, one KEY element to going LP is the VA, I know a few people have managed to get good lp wth a modded stock one, but I think most people end up having to get a new one, the cip assault block is what you want, unless you can get a trinity and prefer the reverse angled front grip.

www.ottersccustoms.com Thats the site you want, he has the valve mod, and all the information out there, If you don't want to have to worry about destroying a fancy valve by running hp and don't really feel up to modding your stock valve, the NDZ valve is a good choice, not the highest flowing, but certainly a good one, at 25$ its well priced too.
Trinity Front block
IPS Sunbear Bolt
Dark Horizon titanium striker

Green/silver VSC CCI Phantom

Red/Black PMR SE
Old 04-14-2006, 10:12 AM

ok yeah found the valve job in there. seems easy enough. i think i can open up my stock VA enough to not be a problem. i'm only goign for like 4-500 here so top performance is not really needed.
Old 04-14-2006, 10:20 AM
not a nublet, sheesh.

Yeah, I figured my VA would be fine modded but, it fails, that one part stands between 300psi operation and 500psi operation. I'd get it, but you don't need to.
Trinity Front block
IPS Sunbear Bolt
Dark Horizon titanium striker

Green/silver VSC CCI Phantom

Red/Black PMR SE
Old 04-14-2006, 11:30 AM
Noob

Did you try a spring kit? I was able to get my electra dx down to 500psi 300fps with just a light valve heavy main spring.I did alot of modding to the rest of the parts since then but the springs made the biggest difference for me.

Electra DX---Evlution II
BL torpedo
Phycobalistics long drop
Drilled and Bored VA
Stock Valve---Bolt mod
32* light valve heavy main
Polished internals 14" evil pipe kit
48/3000 pmi r/t switch mod
Stock for the rest
Old 04-14-2006, 02:57 PM
Marine Corps.

^^ ... that'll work .. but efficiency levels'll go way down like that ...
Your reg sounds good, and the assault block is the highest flowing valve... If you want ... you can get a new valve i'd go with the tornado or the rocket valve ... the 2 best out i believe...

Your bolt should come out .. just use some long needlenose plyers ... iff it doesn't just come out your gonne needa add some heat to the bolt ... apply the heat through the little hole ... and then try it again ...

If you want to get a new bolt i'd probably go with the Sunbear bolt or the aka lightning bolt .. they're two good bolts ..

Spring kit would be a good investment also ...
Old 04-14-2006, 09:02 PM

ok started tonight. got all my stuff ordered from the macro line to the stabalizer. $15 + $100

got my eyes $10 (not really related but getting put into the smae finantial catagory)

got stuff to polish the internals, sandpaper etc. $14 bones

rainX fo rmy barrel $6

hopefully i should be done most of my buying
Old 04-15-2006, 05:33 AM

got my cyclones venturi out. tore it up quite nicely in the process. didn't budge till i torched it for a good hot long time. then i found out they use japaneese threads that were backwards. but came out pretty easily all said and done. plus got my striker and bolt polished. still trying to figure out this polishing the internals of the marker. Also a bit worried about tolerances in the striker to body. i forgot to check it before i polished but seemes like there is a bit of side to side slack in the striker now. I didn't have to take much off the bolt at all it was already pretty smooth.
Old 04-15-2006, 09:28 AM
Mo Anam Cara (friend of my soul)

going LP isn't a guarantee that you'll get more shots per fill...just so you know...
Old 04-15-2006, 10:19 AM

yeah i'm more doing it for the report, the softness to the ball. and hopefully to ge tthe increased c02 stability