Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Veteran Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2006, 02:33 PM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

Default Re: Ramping sucks!!!

We prefer "sensitive, caring, coordinated-clothing wearing, cool hair stylin', I gotcher back" moderator.....thank you very much!

Edit*** Dave's here! Long time no see!
Old 04-13-2006, 02:50 PM
Fluent in Stroll

so skill=pulling a trigger fast? come on. ramping leads to a more aggressive, exiting game. players have to move faster, play tighter, and get better angles because the bps has been leveled off. now you cant just shoot fast and win, you have to actually play better. youre not a good player if you can walk 20bps, it just means you have fast fingers. big whoop.

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Skanking to the beat.
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Climb to the heavens on feathers and dreams
Because the melting point of wax means nothing to me.
Old 04-13-2006, 06:26 PM
sna'foo.....um.....gesund heit

Exclamation Re: Ramping sucks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvin-martian
so skill=pulling a trigger fast? come on. ramping leads to a more aggressive, exiting game. players have to move faster, play tighter, and get better angles because the bps has been leveled off. now you cant just shoot fast and win, you have to actually play better. youre not a good player if you can walk 20bps, it just means you have fast fingers. big whoop.
There's a post putting words in my mouth. You are eluding that what I said was being able to walk a trigger is all that one needs to have skill. You know damned well that isn't what I stated. It is an accumulated skill same as knowing how/where to point or aim a barrel, where to go in what situation, when to load, tact, stealth, how to lead a player when shooting and the list goes on -

If you stick a pump in the hands of a novice, should he be able to use a semi instead because he has no idea at all what he's doing? Or should he acquire the skills to use that pump proficiently and rely on skills acquired to use it against other players using pumps? I as an experienced pump player could handle people using semi but what about those unseasoned players? Pulling the trigger of a pump at the right moment is part of the skills it takes to play pump -

I <3 ma fellow mods as well and big hugs back ach ya muh braz. Xtra......if you think just hugging a mod is discusting, I hope they make you a mod some day and you have to hug Otter wearing that discusting thong. What's worse is when you have to wash the moldy thing for him as well -
KUSA Old School Alumni #4939

Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius while feeling alone apposed to smiling adversaries....

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6&dateline=1201845216
Old 04-13-2006, 06:29 PM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

While he's wearing it! Ewwwwwww

****shudders at the memories****
Old 04-13-2006, 06:32 PM
Public Enemy #1

I use ramping when its team practices and everyone is using it. When its just rec I use semi. We are pretty strick about it too, we all love using ramping, but for rec we just use semi.
Old 04-13-2006, 06:40 PM
Spyder Addict

Our team just had a whole line of clothing started with logo's and such.

Old 04-13-2006, 07:04 PM
Finally! A special name!!

Old 04-13-2006, 07:09 PM
not a nublet, sheesh.

LoL, now how many people do you have who would even consider gettin one of those?
Trinity Front block
IPS Sunbear Bolt
Dark Horizon titanium striker

Green/silver VSC CCI Phantom

Red/Black PMR SE
Old 04-13-2006, 07:15 PM
Spyder Addict

I dunno.........I threatened to make the guys applying for the team wear them. We have 4 girls on the team so far. I doubt if any will wear them. But I know one has already been ordered for a scenario producer. They go with the nipple tassles we bought him........LOL

I guess we were hoping to get a bunch of model-esque women on the team. What a dissapointment this is gonna be! Actually I think they are for the wives!.......At least I hope!
Old 04-13-2006, 07:51 PM
Banned

speaking of ramping and cheating... the new virtue board for ions has just made it increibly easy to remake a speedy 2 style cheater board with the membrane adaptor...
all you do is put the membrane under a wrap around grip in the FRONT so it isnt visable, then while playing the player can turn it off without reaching up to the button in an overly obvious manner, and to my understanding only needs to do some trigger activation upon startup of the board to change modes... im not big on cheating at all, i call out on bounces, but even i can see that. anyone who doesnt know what im saying, try pressing fake buttons on the front of a grip and see if your friend from like 3 feet away can notice.. then try reaching up to the top of the frame and holding for 3 seconds or so... there is a major difference... i say boards with these modes need to be a lil harder to change then turning them off and on..