Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Electronic Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2006, 03:35 PM
Spyder Vet

Default Red Dot Scope

So I got a wild hair and decided to mount a scope on my pilot. Since no one makes any sort of bracket, I made my own. It mounts on the hopper feed tube bolts. I had to mill out a slot for the clamping neck and the ball detent. The next step was to mount a rail, but I had to file out an extra groove in the weaver rail for one of the scope bolts. After dialing it in, I took it to the local shop and the tech was fairly impressed with it's accuracy.

Last edited by Sandman_Bravo : 12-12-2006 at 03:15 AM.
Old 04-12-2006, 04:39 PM
Banned

Default Re: Red Dot Scope

wow i gotta get me one of those. oh by the way just by looking at the size of the scope it makes me wonder that must be a good scope, is it?
Old 04-12-2006, 05:36 PM
Spyder Vet

It's a 30mm simmons with elevation & windage controls and 11 level(setting) illuminated dot intensity control. I found it on sale at ****'s Sporting Goods for $30 marked down from $49. It's remarkably accurate with my J&J S2 ceramic barrel.

Last edited by Sandman_Bravo : 04-22-2006 at 03:24 AM.
Old 04-12-2006, 05:47 PM

apart from making the marker heavier , do you really think its goin to help you on the field ?

i would rather spend the money on ups or paint.
Old 04-12-2006, 05:52 PM
Spyder Vet

I'm not interested in speedball just woodsball and am in the progress of making my pilot into a scenario type gun. It's not that heavy; & if I get the jump on someone and my first shot hits the mark... well?

Last edited by Sandman_Bravo : 04-12-2006 at 06:02 PM.
Old 04-12-2006, 07:30 PM
Banned

i think it would help u out on the field, not speed ball or anything tought just playing in the woods with your buddies.
Old 04-12-2006, 07:46 PM
not a nublet, sheesh.

Yeah, if you can get good with it, so its a reflex to line it up, and fire, it works, you just have to get used to it. I personnaly feel no need to get one on my spyder, I'm very accurate without lining anything up, I look and know where its going.
Trinity Front block
IPS Sunbear Bolt
Dark Horizon titanium striker

Green/silver VSC CCI Phantom

Red/Black PMR SE
Old 04-13-2006, 07:34 PM

I got a bsa red dot at walmart with same features, i think its about 25$ or so. I use it on my Tippman Pro Carbine with a 16" j+j ceramic. People always think its just for show till they try it, it is suprising how often it lands right on or near the dot but as always you need to have a good paint to match your barrel or its useless. It does help you get the jump on people with that first shot alot of times. i can look through mine and still line up my rail sight, if i line the dot up right on the sights then i dont have to perfectly level the gun between my eye and opponent to aim, if the dots on them thats where its going more or less. I usually set mine a little below this point and use it to more accurately gauge a long range "arced" shot. If they are filling most of the scope then it doesnt have to land on the dot and you wont have time to use it in close range fights anyway. If your going to get one id go cheap coz its gonna get full of paint, and dont bother buying one that magnifies. if you cant see it without magnification its definitly out of range and it makes it harder to locate your target when you put your eye to the scope (unless your get an expensive one with a huge objective lense).

Pro-Carbine
Old 04-25-2006, 11:34 PM

Nice!
Old 04-26-2006, 03:07 PM
Timmy Collector

hmm nice, another left handed shooter, was wondering bout trying something like that for woodsball. way back on old forums there was a guy that had a similair scope on a fenix, not sure how he installed, thanks for pics and ideas

Pics of my Stuff- Aprill 2011 !

Feedback +11/-0
OFCM#9
Online M-F / Weekend Gone
Paypal