Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > General Spyder Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2006, 07:10 AM

Default Paintball gera prices are funky

Looking for people over 21 in here for this discussion. But have you ever noticed that paintball gear holds its value oddly? in demand items don't loose hardly any value. like a used t board sellign for 55 dollars. new 69. A qloader thats retails new 129 and people wanting to get no less than 125 for it.

this pattern continues in almost anything. somethings like when sold as a compleat gun are dirt cheap. but the parts are big $$$. My theory is its the young clientel. There are alot of kids who drop big money and they are the ones that are driving the used market. any one else notice this. are there people over 21 in here?
Old 04-11-2006, 07:42 AM

Default Re: Paintball gera prices are funky

Yes there are people over 21 here. Plenty as a matter of fact.

As for the state of the paintball market, I think you're just seeing a maturing market. This is still a relatively young market, and I don't mean consumer age. The market is still finding it's way to leveling out. Prices have dropped dramatically on nearly everything in the 12 years I've been playing. I remember $80 - $100 for a case of decent paint, and $200 for a mech spyder. (and no - im not talking about you vike)

The used market is pretty good though, you can find very good deals out there. Plus, many times the used parts your buying havent even seen a game.
Old 04-11-2006, 08:06 AM

i'm personally ammazed home many members there are on pbnation. that forum is so huge its almost difficult to use the threads just come at you way to fast. It will be interesting to see what the next turn after the electros is
Old 04-11-2006, 10:03 AM
Finally! A special name!!

Meh... Electro's are here to stay... Technology will continue to improve the operation of markers, but there's absolutely no reason (not to mention no plausible alternative) to replace a system that works so well... Electronics are where it's at and where things will stay... The mechanics will continue to evolve, but other than that... Things are staying electric...
Old 04-11-2006, 11:33 AM

Paintball nation is huge. Paintball is slowly becoming big business. The top paintball companies are stillvery young though, in comparison to other sports industries.

As for electro, it's always going to be there. There is no other alternative in terms of performance. The industry seems to be trying to come up with alternative methods of propelling the paintball at the moment, but I think thats the wrong way to go. I think compressed air is the safest and most reliable method at the moment.
Old 04-11-2006, 04:49 PM
not a nublet, sheesh.

At the moment, yes it is, but eventually with new technology that must be researched at some point, we may have somthing even better.
Trinity Front block
IPS Sunbear Bolt
Dark Horizon titanium striker

Green/silver VSC CCI Phantom

Red/Black PMR SE