Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Electronic Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2006, 11:22 PM

Default LP Pilot ACS

Finally got all my parts together to try the low pressure setup. New Designz valve, check it VA, stystem-x vengence base reg, and i've already poilished the internals. With light main/heavy valve i can get it to recock down to about 330psi. I'll start doing speed tests tommorrow.

Do regs usually make a high pitch sqeaky noise? Mine does unless the pressure is real high. sometimes it stops after a few shots but starts again befor long. Anyway it already seems to shoot alot smoother and quieter (other than the squeak) than befor, cant wait to try it out.

Pro-Carbine
Old 04-08-2006, 12:26 AM
Mo Anam Cara (friend of my soul)

Default Re: LP Pilot ACS

if the reg is new, yes...they can be noisey until they settle-in. Give the reg a few hundred shots to break-in and make sure that when you change the psi, shoot 10 times before hitting the chrono to set it...
Also...a drop or 2 of oil in the asa (remove barrel) and fire a few times to get oil into the reg may stop the squeek...
Old 04-11-2006, 07:05 PM

Well the oil made it stop squeaking but it doesnt seem to be regulateing very well. I mean as far as the gauge is concerned it stays at the same psi but the fps varies greatly. Im thinking it may be time to replace the battery in my little yellow chrono, seems to be reading exactly 167 alot then suddenly 320+ .

Pro-Carbine
Old 04-12-2006, 05:41 AM
Indian

yep that would probibly be a Chrono problem..... Either that or you gage sux realy realy bad...

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=1831 <-FEEDBACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwjimmy
Props to thechubbss12......
the appraisal pimp!!!!
http://www.splatsavers.homestead.com/products.html <- buy these headbands!
Old 04-12-2006, 07:49 PM

Dr. No, i read on pbreview that the screw holding the cip va wouldn't go all the way in for some people and left it not securely tightened. Did you have that problem and if so how did you fix it? I am considering making my pilot lp too and am just trying to get the facts firsthand before making any decisions. Also, let me know how you like your system x reg. I found one real cheap and would like your feedback on it. thx

Last edited by emf7301 : 04-12-2006 at 08:11 PM.
Old 04-12-2006, 08:17 PM
Mo Anam Cara (friend of my soul)

take the screw out and use a washer that's about 1/16" to 1/8" thick. That will stop the wobble (or shorten your screw...washer's a better solution though)
Old 04-12-2006, 08:31 PM

any specific type of washer, lock washer or star style that they use on the screws holding the trigger frame on?
Old 04-13-2006, 01:52 PM

you mean the checkit assault block? the screw that came stock on the gun was way too long but the one that came with it is shorter.

So today i got some air and had about 200 balls left so i figured id try again befor class. chrono seems to be working fine when i first pick it up, if i sit and use it for an hour straight i start getting the strange 167 every time reading. I was getting roughly 290@350psi.

system x reg - hmmm i dont know what to say really. If you dont oil it good every time you air up the gun its loud (squeaky). And since im supposed to do all the major velocity adjust with it, what kind of spread should i be expecting from it. I havent dont the math but ive seen it range almost 40fps without touching the adjustment. (yes every adjustment i take about 4-5 shots befor i start chronoing). I thought i was getting a good deal too but consider this, you can get a bob long torp on ebay for about the same price. From what ive read the sysx is supposed to be very high flowing and maybe mines just not broke in well yet, or maybe ......

new designz valve- I still had all the stuff sitting around so i decided to polish the valve pin. When i reinstall the pin it will not seal even with the striker pulled back. Turns out i barely nicked the edge of the cupseal right where it seals. its a bit diff than a regular cup so i took it off the pin and resurfaced it so the edge would be nice and sharp again. Now it seals... most of the time, though i cant say as it worked properly in the first place as i had no air till after this happend. when im shooting sometimes i can hear air comeing through (mostly from where my broken dust cap is since my ear is close). I'd guess about one in five shots doesnt seal properly. Any suggestions befor i order a new cup/pin?

I'm guessing its the valve not closing properly thats screwing up air efficiencey ( used over 1kpsi to shoot them 200 shots) but would it cause the velocity spread or should i start looking for a better reg too?

Pro-Carbine
Old 08-02-2006, 03:16 PM
New Guy

when converting to low pressure...it makes the gun quieter and more accurate(so i am told) however does it lower your range? is there any downside to LP conversion beside the cost?
Old 08-02-2006, 03:20 PM
Spyder Vet

I use the Alamo paintball bullit cupseal with a ndz valve pin:

http://www.alamocitypb.com/manufactp...spydseals.html
These colors will never run.