Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Shop Talk - Reviews - Polls > Shop Talk > Accessories & Add-Ons
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2006, 10:14 PM
Do what you like.

Default Ugh.

Allright, i need a little help here. I got the NDZ On/off which is great...but because of the way the tank screws on, the threading runs out in the wrong place, so that the gauge won't allow the on/off to be slid all the way on to the rail, so I have an unsteady grip on the rail, and it just looks dumb.
Should I just swap the burst disk with the gauge on the tank? or is there a way to change where the threading ends so that I can slide the on/off onto the rail all the way? I don't want to sell the drop and get a different one, cuz this one I like...alot.
Help is appreciated!
Thanks!
We're the boys of the county hell
Old 04-07-2006, 11:59 PM
Mo Anam Cara (friend of my soul)

Default Re: Ugh.

put a tank O-ring inside the asa before putting the bottle in it...see if that helps.
No, I don't think you can swap the burst disc with the gauge...well, I've never heard of it, anyway...
Perhaps a microgauge with a thinner face? idk what that would be though...
Old 04-08-2006, 05:54 AM

Respected, period.

SP makes short stem micro gauges, they make long stem gauges as well but you'd need the short stem one. Or you could even take your gauge off go to the shop closest to you or shop you use and see if they have a gauge with a shorter stem.

Actually come to think of it I had the same problem a while back with my TLX and my Crossy tank. I put a CP gauge on it and it actually screwed almost all the way in and was sitting only like 1/8" off the tank reg, worked fine then.

KUSA Feedback

2006 Non-Spyder of the Year - The Shunut Spimmy

Shunut Creations
Old 04-08-2006, 07:42 AM
Resident *******

Hmm, that is a short stemmed gauge if you look in the picture, and is a micro of some sort. As 'Nutty said, go to the shop....but instead of looking for a shorter stem, look for a smaller gauge. Who knows, mebbe CP's are skinnier than other ones.

URT... Ultimate Resource Thread!

The [OFFICIAL] Manual Thread!

BigRed Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy Taco
ya my vagina hurts sometimes to
Old 04-08-2006, 08:39 AM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

Ya know, I was looking at your picture, and it appears that you have the NDZ ASA scooted back pretty far back to compensate the tank. In my opinion, if you were to get an S Rail from SP, you can scoot the NDZ about that much FORWARD and you'd still have approximately the same drop down and the same distance back, maybe 1/2 and inch or so difference.

I know you want to keep the drop, and I was the same way, but when I got an S Rail on mine (with the NDZ ASA - nice choice, by the way! ) it was way more comfortable than I thought and it didn't have that much of a different feel to it. Plus, it looks really good. If you want to see what it looks like, let me know. I have pics of my shocker with the S Rail and NDZ.

Just a thought!
Old 04-08-2006, 09:16 AM
Do what you like.

Thanks guys.
What I did was take the On/off off of the rail, screw the tank in all the way, then put the on/off back on the drop, and because of the position the gauge was in, that's as far as it would slide in.

Vike-What drop did you have before you got the s-rail? and pics would be cool if you got some time too.

Druid, putting a tank o-ring in didn't work, because of the way the NDZ is made.
Old 04-08-2006, 12:57 PM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

I had the standard angled drop that came stock with the Shocker. Here's a couple pics you can look at to see what the NDZ and SRail look like together.

You can move the asa forwards or backwards to fit where you want it to. Notice it's got a little bit of a drop to it, but it makes for a tighter feel.

Just for poops and giggles, here's a pic of the whole gun so you can judge for yourself....

Old 04-08-2006, 10:01 PM
Do what you like.

Hmmm, well it looks great with the s-rail, but I'm looking for a little bit more of a drop, cuz my tank is a 71/4500....is it still an ok size drop? I have long arms...but I'm skinny.

btw that's a freaking nice shocker, almost what I have, besides the s-rail, feedneck, and the ton-ton frame.
I wanted blue, but durrell was selling this shocker, you see.....reds fine..I guess.

and even if I were to get a smaller gauge, I wouldn't be able to read it....because of where it is...underneath the drop....lame.

another idea: If I were to trade this NDZ on/off straight up for another one, would the threads maybe be in a slightly different position?
Old 04-09-2006, 04:20 AM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

With long arms, I don't think the size difference between your drop and a rail would make a difference. However, it's all about preference. Find someone with a rail and try it out with your tank to see if it feels ok.

You could trade the ASA. I think that on all my guns, the guage on my same tank ends up in different areas. So there's a different option for ya.
Old 04-09-2006, 08:26 AM
Do what you like.

hehe, wanna trade asa's vike?

Jp, I have friend with an s-rail, and he'll let me try it out, and he possibly wants to trade for the dye mini drop, so that might work.
thanks for all your help guys!