Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Mechanical Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2006, 09:03 AM
New Guy

Exclamation Question On The Stock...

OK went i was playing paintball, the stock was gettingin the way so i took it off and i was wondering if there is anything to plug up the hole were it goes...like if i got dirt in the hole, it might mess witht the bolt....is it OK without anything on it?
Old 04-09-2006, 03:37 PM

Default Re: Question On The Stock...

Ok be carefull playing with the stock off. I took mine of to adjust the velocity and it peened the inside of the body enough that I could not get the striker off. On top of that you make a nice big hole for dirt and debris to get inside your gun. Exactly how is the stock getting in the way? I have been in contact with Kingman tech support and what I have done is cut the top "rail" out of the stock so that I can get my head in behind it and use a dot sight. I am also going to drill the body and install a ball lock pin to make the stock a quick detach. I am an aviation sheetmetal mechanic to I know how to use tools and how to work with compsites and metal. If your not tool handy drilling the receiver might not be for you. The stock was simple enough that I think most could accomplish it with just a saw, file and some sand paper.
Old 04-09-2006, 05:28 PM
New Guy

Post Re: Question On The Stock...

Ok thats great. And it was getting in the way because i have a 16" barrel on my gun and on top of that, i have the stock. I mean to say that it is a long gun with the barrel and stock and when i am playing senario, its a little hard to poke my gun around something and shoot someone. Its not in the way enough to cut it and stuff. But if i did take it off, would duct-tape work?
Old 04-10-2006, 08:30 AM

Between your stock and bolt there should have been a doughnut shaped peice of rubber. I imagine that it is a bumper to limit the rearward travel of the bolt and to keep the pin that connects the bolt and striker from impacting into the receiver. I do not own any other Spyders but from what I am getting the channel for the pin runs all the way to the back and the striker and bolt come out as one unit. I would not fire your MR1 with out the stock and bumper installed. I am working on getting a plug made to put in place of the stock. Depending on cost of material and labor I may have more made. If I had my own lathe it would be a piece of cake.
Old 04-10-2006, 02:35 PM
New Guy

Post Re: Question On The Stock...

What doughnut thing are you talking about? When i remove my stock, there is no doughnut shaped thing....just the bolt. Maybe i am missing it. Can yu buy more or do they come in the ziplock bag with all the allen keys and o-rings?
Old 04-10-2006, 09:17 PM

Ok brain fart. It is part 26A and goes with the striker not the stock so scratch the above. Still in the learning curve here.
Old 04-14-2006, 05:55 PM
i will rain apon u!!!

chill out dude he is just new at this the donut thing is your striker buffer that is under the bolt.