Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Mechanical Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2006, 04:39 PM
New Guy

Exclamation What Barrel Should I Go With????

OK I just got the MR1...its a great gun and i heard it is even better with a better barrel. ( i would assume every gun is)...anyways i was looking around and found a Smart Parts Linear Barrel 20" for about 50$....Would that be good? I mostly play in big outdoor areas with friends and do alot of target practice....so i was wondering should i get the long barrel or go with a shorter one? Like whats the difference???
Old 04-01-2006, 09:41 AM
The Modfather

Default Re: What Barrel Should I Go With????

yeah. get the linear. if you ever play indoor, you can just use your stock barrel instead. i run an Apex barrel on mine, but i haven't had the chance to try it for outdoor yet. but i've used a 16" linear, and i loved it. i was gonna get a 20" for myself for outdoor. if you get it, let us know how it works. also, it's a sexy lookin barrel(but get black, obviously).
Old 04-01-2006, 05:18 PM
Banned

if u r a sniper kinda guy i would reccomend the 20" inch. but if u r not i'd say a 14" or 16" inch. The difference is that when u have a barrel that is over 16" it's not meant for serious fighting. their meant for sniping from some distance. but barrels up 2 16" and lower r for some closer range fighting. So hopefully that is what u wanted 2 know.
Old 04-02-2006, 04:06 AM
New Guy

yeah....but the longer the barrel, the more friction the paintball has...and i think it uses more air. But that is off topic kinda so thank-you guys for responding so quick. thanks.
Old 04-04-2006, 08:55 AM

I put a 14" J&J ceramic on mine and with medium grade paint it will put them about one on top of the other at approx 35-40 yards. If you use cheap paint you might as well stick to the stock barrel.
Old 04-11-2006, 12:40 PM
i will rain apon u!!!

I have a empire twister 14 inch and a dye precision barrel 16 inch they both work the same.
Old 04-11-2006, 01:35 PM

I have a j&j ceramic barrel 14" that cost me $29. I have played for 5 years now and that is the best investment I have made. To be honest, anything over 14" is a waste. Check out some other threads in the forum, there are alot of very smart people in these forums.
Old 04-12-2006, 01:26 PM

Exclamation Re: What Barrel Should I Go With????

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex
I have a j&j ceramic barrel 14" that cost me $29. I have played for 5 years now and that is the best investment I have made. To be honest, anything over 14" is a waste. Check out some other threads in the forum, there are alot of very smart people in these forums.
The J&J is cool, but the bore size is small; you'll probably have to shoot paint that measures .687 or smaller...
Old 04-12-2006, 05:07 PM
Indian

Heh personaly the barrel i would recomend is a 32* whisper.. like 30 bucks now and dooes reduce the sound of your gun.....

But dont get anything over 14" becasue you will have problem achiving 300 FPS due to more friction

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=1831 <-FEEDBACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwjimmy
Props to thechubbss12......
the appraisal pimp!!!!
http://www.splatsavers.homestead.com/products.html <- buy these headbands!
Old 04-12-2006, 06:54 PM
not a nublet, sheesh.

Well, another new idea is the new smart parts progressive (35$ US) it now has the same ceramic nature of the J&J and is very accurate. I suggest it.

Anything over 14" is a waste, though having a 20" barrel does do something to intimidate those who know it doesn't do anything... All it does is put friction o nthe ball slowing it, forcing you to use more air.-Useless because it adds no more accuracy than a 14 incher.
Trinity Front block
IPS Sunbear Bolt
Dark Horizon titanium striker

Green/silver VSC CCI Phantom

Red/Black PMR SE