Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Discontinued Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2006, 11:47 AM
New Guy

Default Noob Q's........(Sorry)

Hey,
This is my frist post on this forum and the frist thing is I'd like to say is Hi.
Now my question is, I have just bought a Imagine (100% Stock) and would like to Dissamble and lube the o-rings in the gun. I can disassemble and reassemble fine but I'm just not sure what Brand/type of lube i should use. I saw some posts on here that WD-40 is a bad choice so I'm not going to use that but I've seen some online paintball stores selling "3 in 1", the general all purpose lube. Now I have a package of 3 in 1 and I was wondering if I i could use that. Like its not going to wreck anything if I do use it, is it??
I'm going to try to find some better stuff but I sorta want to use it this weekend.
I also only have a gravity feed hopper, and am planning to buy a electric hopper, I dont need a very fancy hopper, just a good decent priced one.

Any views, recommendations, or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
ToXiC
Old 03-31-2006, 12:33 PM
xXH4Cker

Default Re: Noob Q's........(Sorry)

I suppose 3 in 1 is ok, but you could get better oil. I use gold cup oil its great for imagine's.
You could use a regulator, such as CP or Bob Long, a barrel such as J&J,Smart Parts or CP. I would also go for HPA.
Old 03-31-2006, 01:03 PM
New Guy

ummm... HPA??
and would a Halo TSA Backman LCD work fine as a hopper for the imagine???
Old 03-31-2006, 01:13 PM
still wants a green name

The TSA would work, but there are better options out there. Look for a Viewload Revolution (Revy) or Empire Reloader. These hoppers can be found used around $30 and are very reliable and easy to use.

HPA is Highly Pressurized Air, sometimes called Compressed Air, Nitrogen, N2, etc. It is an alternitive propellant to C02. It is cleaner, safer, and can be used in any weather. However, it is very expensive for a new player to purchase. Look into a barrel and agitating hopper for your first upgrades.
Old 03-31-2006, 03:44 PM
New Guy

Cool cool,
Im going to stay with CO2 for right now.
Should the stock bolt be replaced for the ACS bolt, like is the stocker going to make me repeatedly clean out my barrel because it will chop like no other. If it is going to going to be a problem, how much does the ACS bolts cost around??
Also I hear everyone talking about adding a Dye sticky grip. Is that because the grip on the gun is so flimsy?? Are there cheaper ones then the Dyes, Dyes sticky grips are like $40 here.
Old 03-31-2006, 03:52 PM
shake shake shake shake shake shake

chopping should be cut down alot by a revvy. if you think the stock grips are flimsy, sticky grips are even flimsier
Old 03-31-2006, 04:03 PM
New Guy

Well thats cool that I don't have to replace the bolt.
The sticky grips are flimsier than the stock grip?? really?? wow, then what should I do because right now theres like huge gaps between the frame and the grips where the battery sits. Like I don't really want to get my board fried the frist time I take it outdoors. Any suggestions??
Old 03-31-2006, 04:39 PM
Marine Corps.

oh .. you probably have wires in the way of it or something ... stickies are just ... bendable to any degree desired .... but hmm... rather than a revvy ... maybe a eggy ... the revvy seems to feed too slow
Old 03-31-2006, 05:47 PM
New Guy

Really? the revv is to slow?? It says that it can feed the 14 bps and the egg is like x2 the price of the revv.
I checked and there was some wires that was pushing up the grip a little bit, but even after that there is still a gap there
Also, How long do u charge your battery for?? Because some people say like 12 hours and the manual says 5-6 for the standard charger. My battery was dead when i took it out of the box so i charged it for 6 hours and it seems fine. There isn't like a led indicator on the gun which tells you when you are fully charged??
And there is a small amount of side to side play in the trigger, is that normal on all imagines or is there something I can do to fix it??
Old 03-31-2006, 08:18 PM
xXH4Cker

The battery takes a full 14 hours to fully charge. As for the trigger, thats normal. It's just that the trigger is a little thinner than the space or it, no harm. Depending on your Imagine, there should be a battery indicator on there. If you have an 04 Imagine, which i'm assuming, it's the small indicator two spaces above the white light thats on when you have just turned on your board.