Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Shop Talk - Reviews - Polls > Shop Talk > Air Systems
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2006, 10:13 AM

Default fill station.

does anyone have their own fill station at home?? can you share detail pictures??
Old 03-28-2006, 02:35 PM
Noob

Default Re: fill station.

I don't know exactly what your looking for. If you just want to see what one looks like this is my 80cf 3000psi scuba station that I take to the woods with me.

Electra DX---Evlution II
BL torpedo
Phycobalistics long drop
Drilled and Bored VA
Stock Valve---Bolt mod
32* light valve heavy main
Polished internals 14" evil pipe kit
48/3000 pmi r/t switch mod
Stock for the rest
Old 03-28-2006, 03:16 PM

SWEET~~~~~~ that is what i was looking for!! thanks
Old 03-31-2006, 03:11 PM
One Shot, One Kill, Who needs auto?

how do u fill ur tank? if u get some1 eslse to do it how much does it cost?
Old 03-31-2006, 04:46 PM
Marine Corps.

... well co2 it's usually 4 dollars for 20oz .. 3 for 12 ... 2 for 9 .. and the for HPA it's usually 1 dollar for every 1k psi ...

you should probably get someone else to fill it though .. expecially if your underage ... or immature ... could cause serious injuries if it's not done right ...
Old 03-31-2006, 06:42 PM
Noob

The local hardware store fills the scuba tank for 6 dollars if its empty. Most of the time if there is like 2000psi in it yet, they only charge 2 or 3 dollars. But me and my friends can shoot atleast 3 cases of paint from the scuba refills so we just fill it and take to the woods.It saves money in the long run + we play sundays and the store isn't open sunday's so this keeps us in good shape with air for a day.

Electra DX---Evlution II
BL torpedo
Phycobalistics long drop
Drilled and Bored VA
Stock Valve---Bolt mod
Stock for the rest
Old 04-03-2006, 07:03 PM
Xtra Freak

OK, wtf. I'm glad i came across this thread. For a month now I've been looking into a personal HPA setup. Yesterday I finally found a place in madison that does scuba fills. The conversation that i had with the guy was a bit depressing tho. I asked him about owning a 80cf scuba tank and how much to get them filled and he said $7. Then i asked him out of curiousity if he had a fill adpter for hpa tanks and he said no cause they dont get enough people coming in to be worth it (i thought these things are like $50, how are they not worth it?)

Anyway, the thing that dissapointed me is that he said it isn't worth it to use a scuba tank as a personal fill station... he said something about the pressure would dramatically drop when i start filling the hpa tank because it's trying to even out the pressure or something. So it's like i wouldn't be getting everything that is in the tank, just not making it worth my while. I hope that makes some sort of sense the way i typed it. This guy is the scuba instrutor there, so i feel his explaintion should be valid. But then how do you guys do it? How many tank fulls do you get on a single scuba? Is it really worth the trouble? As you can tell, I'm competely confused and frustrated. I really want to switch to hpa but now I think i'm starting to shy away from it.

Sorry for jacking the thread
Old 04-03-2006, 10:48 PM
Spyder Addict

Well.......he's right.......kind of. Each time you refill off of a scuba the tanks equalize. So if you have 3000 PSI in the tank and you refill a 68 cu in tank at 2000 psi. There is a large calculus equation associated with this that I never found an answer to. Anyways........the results......from 6-20 fills depending on size, above 2000psi. 2-3 people can play off of a scuba as long as your careful and don't shoot a case an hour!
Old 04-04-2006, 01:43 AM
Noob

yeah what timber said....I notice with 48/3000 tanks we get about 10 fills over 2000. after that you gotta really watch your shots per match and fill every round.They are nice to have if there isn't a compressor around and you want hpa but co2 is still more economical for rec ballers.

Electra DX---Evlution II
BL torpedo
Phycobalistics long drop
Drilled and Bored VA
Stock Valve---Bolt mod
Stock for the rest
Old 04-05-2006, 07:22 AM
Xtra Freak

considering that i'm a very conservative shooter, this setup would work for me, lasting me a long while. I just found a place that does do hpa fills but it is over an hour away, so getting a scuba tank filled would be like saving 9 trips. I think that is worth switching to more consistant hpa. Thanks for the help.