Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > General Spyder Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2006, 07:49 PM
The Peruvian Pulveriser

Exclamation Does Any1 Anodize markers?

Hey guys I was just wondering if any of you do anodizing jobs. The thing is my girlfriend wants to buy a marker but of course she wants a "pretty color", like pink or bright red. Anyways she wants a good gun that she wont have to upgrade for a LONG time. She doesnt care if its a semi or auto but she would mostly use the semi feature. Also she doesnt want to spend more than $400 for EVERYTHING, this includes the marker, tank, masks, and some protective wear like neck straps and maybe a vest and pants. So we've been leaning towards the Autococker Trilogy Competition. Anywways i was just wondering if any1 around here does anodizing jobs and if so how much would it be. Oh and if you can recommend a marker that would help out too.
Old 03-27-2006, 07:56 PM
KUSA KREW FOR LIFE BABY

Default Re: Does Any1 Anodize markers?

find a used autococker online, versus getting the trilogy... Don't think anyone here does annodizing out of their garage, but you never know... I know fireball mountain does them and they're not too badly priced...
Old 03-28-2006, 04:19 AM

Respected, period.

There are several companies who do it and are very reputable. I'd start at Absolute Finish, tell them that Timbertiger sent you, you'll get a better deal. You can also try Precision Paintball.

KUSA Feedback

2006 Non-Spyder of the Year - The Shunut Spimmy

Shunut Creations
Old 03-28-2006, 04:23 AM
The Peruvian Pulveriser

The thing is im not exactly sure how pneumatic markers work yet(i think thats how you spell it) because I havent had the opportunity to open one up. So there are some features im not familiar with. I looked on pbreview.com and the trilogy competition seems to be a very good marker, and its low priced too. it seems like there are thousands of different cocker variations i wouldnt even know where to start.

Oh and about the anodizing, has any1 done Otters custom anodizing job? Maybe if I hear anought success stories I'll try it myself.
Old 03-28-2006, 05:07 AM
Mo Anam Cara (friend of my soul)

ano isn't just something everyone can do. Aside from the artistic talents needed in blending colors/lines, etc, there's the caustic materials like acid baths involved. It's an EPA nightmare that requires special disposal, fume removal and the like. It's not that it's impossible to do...just expensive evough that you'd have to make it a full-time operatin to have it pay off...and besides...I didn't know Otter annoed?!?!?!?
Old 03-28-2006, 02:12 PM
The Peruvian Pulveriser

Ok I just looked and its not technically annodizing that is posted on the Otters website. Its.. here read for yourself. If its the way im thinking in my head,it could look nice. Anyways here is the link. http://www.ottersccustoms.com/paint.html
Please let me know what you think.
Old 03-28-2006, 03:36 PM

If its powder coating you mean, its not as good as anodizing because it doesnt look as smooth as anodizing and it doesnt look as good. On the other hand, its quite cheaper than anodizing.
Old 03-28-2006, 03:50 PM
Electra Club Member #3

Action Village has 04 cockers for $199.00 if you like having a traditional Cocker with a front block. If you just want to get a Trilogy, go with a Pro or SF. Cockers, especially mech, are not that hard to work on. It just takes patience and a good guide like this one. http://www.moodypaintball.com/pages/tech/index.htm

Anodizing http://www.pbcustomz.com/
Old 03-28-2006, 07:26 PM
The Peruvian Pulveriser

Well my friend said he would sell me his 04 Prostock for 170. Whats a front block in a cocker? New ones dont have it? Does the prostock have it
Old 03-28-2006, 07:36 PM
Mo Anam Cara (friend of my soul)

Rhinoline it (spray-on truck bed liner)!