Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Discontinued Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2006, 06:28 PM
New Guy

Default Feedneck threading..

Anyone know what type of threading is on the Kingman Hammer P? I have one that's in decent condition, except the powerfeed was seemingly lopped off leaving some threads... If there's no compatible threading, how much would Kingman charge to re-weld on a feedneck?

Last edited by zer0render : 03-27-2006 at 06:49 PM.
Old 03-31-2006, 07:01 PM
New Guy.. Who's that?

Default Re: Feedneck threading..

I didn't know that Hammer had feedneck threadings... I don't think they do, mine didn't..

If you still have the feedneck piece, just get it done at a local machine-shop or welder, it shouldn't cost too much. I don't know if Kingman will do it for you, but may Otter or someone would.
Old 04-02-2006, 09:27 AM
Pump Freak!

Default Re: Feedneck threading..

The Hammer P feedneck was not intended to be removable, so I'm guessing the threading was either for assembly purposes or perhaps a previous owner tried to modify it.

If you want to fix it yourself, you could try jb weld. Its an epoxy for use in bonding metal to metal, available at any hardware store and mixes up pretty easy. The biggest concern in doing this would be to make sure you have everything aligned perfectly before you apply it, and to make sure it doesn't move while the jb sets.

I doubt anyone at Kingman would fix it. They stopped making/carrying Hammers a long time ago and have been running out of their stock of parts over the last few years. Your best bet for send-off service would be one of the handy fellas here like Otter. Or you could contact one of the pro airsmith guys for a custom job.

Just a suggestion... since the feedneck is already off, thats half-way to having a stock class feedneck installed. I'm sure someone could finish the job for you. Just a thought.