Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Discontinued Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2006, 06:20 PM

Default Is anyone happy with their MR2???

I just bought an MR2 and for the most part all I've heard are bad things. Does anyone have any good things to say?? I already changed the detent to a piranha detent but that is it. Should I sell it already and buy something else or is there hope.
Old 03-25-2006, 09:59 PM
Scenario Junkie

Default Re: Is anyone happy with their MR2???

...Im extremely happy with the MR2 since changing out the detents, and adding a $29.00 J&J barrel. Its a great shooting marker, good range, very accurate now with the JJ barrel, low mantainance, tough in the field, eats Tippy's, Sim 4's and SP8's for lunch, good speed...and is an eye catcher. Sexy Beast. I wouldnt give it up for any other scenerio marker. Its a keeper after working out the small issues mentioned. VERY fairly priced too. TWO thumbs up!!!
Old 03-26-2006, 04:06 AM

Which detents seem to work the best?? Should I stick with the piranha detent or switch to something else? And where did you get your barrel? Thanks for the info. I play alot of woods ball and it's a little too cold to play, so I was just getting nervous because it chopped a couple balls just in test firing.
Old 03-26-2006, 05:40 AM
Scenario Junkie

Dont use to fast a hopper (I.E. EvoII egg...Halo, ETC)...use a slower less expensive hopper like the VL Revy. The MR2 doesnt like being force fed more than around 13-15 balls a second from the hopper. I used Pirhanna detents while I was waiting for the Bob Long TIMMY detents that I ordered as replacements to arrive in the mail (Black ones...about $12.00 for ten of them, just do a Google search for Bob Long Timmy detents on the net). The Pirhanna's worked fine, but I recommend the Timmy's because they are alittle stiffer.

The Barrel I purchased here....

http://www.firstcallpaintball.com/pa...70d0e5aed04615

ALSO...If you contact Kingman, they will send you some detents as warranty replacements (Black ones like the Timmy detents) if you explain to them what happened to your original detents. I did this after getting the Bob Longs, and I compared the ones Kingman sent to me with the ones I ordered...and they were both the same as far as stiffness goes. It took a long time to get the Kingman ones in the mail though, so I would order the others first, then get the replacements from Kingman.

...Hope this helps you to decide to give the MR2 a second chance. It really is a good marker after some minor corrections.
Old 03-26-2006, 10:40 AM
Pro

I have an EVO hopper. It works fine you just have to set the screw to 14-16 bps.. The ACS has catched many chops tho The best part with the MR2 is that I can use cheap balls
Old 03-31-2006, 10:28 AM
New Guy

I use a Halo TSA LED Backman and after changing out detent and breaking in the ACS bolt haven't chop a ball yet. I love the MR2's feel and its durability.
Old 04-02-2006, 09:03 AM

I broke in the bolt finally and I changed the paint I was using. I cant wait to actually play. The weather around here hasnt really cooperated lately. I also have to finish redesigning my field. It seemed to fire much better after changing paint and adding the j&j ceramic, but again it was only in test firing.
Old 04-05-2006, 07:22 AM
New Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NextoN
I have an EVO hopper. It works fine you just have to set the screw to 14-16 bps.. The ACS has catched many chops tho The best part with the MR2 is that I can use cheap balls
I have a TSA Diablo Frontman...i think is 14bps.

where is that screw? where i will see whn the marker is set up in 14bps?

thanks
Old 04-05-2006, 05:32 PM
Custom User Title

Does this make any sense? I ordered a replacement kingman detent from paintball adventures, and it cost me $10.81. I thought this was a ripoff and I said $10.81?!? The woman there said that's what it cost us. I said it costs 2 dollars on your site. Then she said the website must be wrong. This really pisses me off knowing vodoo got 10 for $12. This wasn't even the one for the mr2, it was for older models.
Old 04-05-2006, 06:22 PM
Marine Corps.

^^^ ... have you ever thought about shipping .. ?? ... small items shipped does kill the price ... try buying some more stuff .. they might have a free shipping policy if you buy enough ...