Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Electronic Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2012, 10:09 AM
New Guy

Angry Not firing

Hi, I own a 2009 spyder Electra w/ eyes. When I hook the gun up to air/paint etc, and fire it; the bolt goes back and forth and doesn't recock. But the air is still coming out. I think one paintball comes out, but it usually any goes about 20 feet. No other paintballs fire. It's almost like that sound your gun makes when your running out of air. But my tank was full. I noticed this about a month ago. So I took my gun apart to see if I was missing any o-rings or parts. I noticed the striker buffer was missing so I went and ordered a new one. I put that in yesterday and tested my gun out, but it did the same exact thing. So I was wondering if anyone can think of a solution to my problem? Got a paintball trip planned in 2 weeks.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 06-15-2012, 02:55 PM
dorito man

Default Re: Not firing

try a new battery
Old 06-16-2012, 05:16 AM

Respected, period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikesgame View Post
Hi, I own a 2009 spyder Electra w/ eyes. When I hook the gun up to air/paint etc, and fire it; the bolt goes back and forth and doesn't recock. But the air is still coming out. I think one paintball comes out, but it usually any goes about 20 feet. No other paintballs fire. It's almost like that sound your gun makes when your running out of air. But my tank was full. I noticed this about a month ago. So I took my gun apart to see if I was missing any o-rings or parts. I noticed the striker buffer was missing so I went and ordered a new one. I put that in yesterday and tested my gun out, but it did the same exact thing. So I was wondering if anyone can think of a solution to my problem? Got a paintball trip planned in 2 weeks.

Thanks,
Mike
First of all, Welcome to the Forum.

When you put it all back together did you lubricate everything? If the o-rings are dry it could cause that problem.

Is your Electra stock? Everything after this is based on the assumption that the Electra is stock.

When you screw your tank in, do you screw it in all the way? Once the tank is on and you screw in the On/Off, do you screw that in as far as you can?

Your marker has a regulator, have you tried adjusting that? From your description, I would recommend turning up the pressure. The regulator may need to be serviced as well. Which would require you to take it apart, clean and relube everything.

For help with adjusting the pressure or taking apart the regulator to service it, use the manual for your marker, found here http://www.spyder.tv/product-manuals...a-with-eye.pdf.

KUSA Feedback

2006 Non-Spyder of the Year - The Shunut Spimmy

Shunut Creations
Old 06-16-2012, 11:50 AM
New Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon View Post
try a new battery
The battery I tried was about a week old. I had just put it into the gun, so I dont think it should of run low. Plus the battery light on the gun said the battery was fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shunut View Post
First of all, Welcome to the Forum.

When you put it all back together did you lubricate everything? If the o-rings are dry it could cause that problem.

Is your Electra stock? Everything after this is based on the assumption that the Electra is stock.

When you screw your tank in, do you screw it in all the way? Once the tank is on and you screw in the On/Off, do you screw that in as far as you can?

Your marker has a regulator, have you tried adjusting that? From your description, I would recommend turning up the pressure. The regulator may need to be serviced as well. Which would require you to take it apart, clean and relube everything.

For help with adjusting the pressure or taking apart the regulator to service it, use the manual for your marker, found here http://www.spyder.tv/product-manuals...a-with-eye.pdf.
I took it apart and lubricated it all about a month ago. I'm sure I screwed the tank in all the way, and I had actually bought a new on/off screw about a year ago b/c I lost the origanal. So I don't think either of those is the problem?

I'm guessing the regulator is the thing you screw the tank too? Would you need to open it up an clean it? How does that work? And how would you adjust it?

Edit: Sorry I feel stupid. I read the manual and did what it told me. I'll go out tomorrow morning and test it out.

Last edited by Mikesgame : 06-16-2012 at 09:47 PM.
Old 06-17-2012, 06:00 AM

Respected, period.

Cool, let me know what happens.

KUSA Feedback

2006 Non-Spyder of the Year - The Shunut Spimmy

Shunut Creations
Old 06-17-2012, 08:34 AM
New Guy

Just went out and tested it. Works fine now! Thanks a bunch for the suggestion, I guess I had too low of a pressure on the regulator.