Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Electronic Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2012, 09:44 AM
New Guy

Default mr1 with electric spyder trigger

I got this MR1 off ebay really cheap and was practically brand new and stock. I added my dye rotor hopper to it along with a modified bottom ASA adjustable regulator that was for an old spyder TL I believe, also the kingman e-frame and a barrel kit. This gun is now a reliable monster of a marker. The hopper may seem like over kill but i can shoot as fast as I need to with re-assurance that there will be a ball in the chamber every time. I have yet to break a ball in about 2 case now, until....... it freaked out. the marker began to fire at a wicked high rate on it's own and ended up breaking a ball. I backed off the sensitivity of the trigger and it hasn't happened again on the last 2 days of games which ended the season because of winter. Well I took the gun out for a test fire the other day and it went into a firing frenzy when i went into a high bps rate. It did it a few times. When i fired at a slow bps rate, it doesn't happen. Is this as simple as backing off the trigger even more? Or could it be something within the board itself going bad? I am obviously going to adjust & test the trigger when I get a chance but just wanted to know any related 2cents about this. Anyone know if a Tadao board would have tighter trigger control?
Old 01-23-2012, 02:18 PM
add 1,794 posts

Default Re: mr1 with electric spyder trigger

what they call that is "trigger bounce" it sounds like thats what the problem is. the tadao board does have a trigger bounce setting if i remember correctly but i'd just back the trigger off more and see if it fixes it.
Old 01-24-2012, 04:52 AM
New Guy

And I assume the heavier the striker/hammer, the more bounce? I saw a few light weight strikers but not available any more from what I can see. I will be going LP with maddman valve & springs and would like to find a lighter striker.... anyone know of any that are good, reasonably priced and available?

Curious.... how the hell does an electronic board control bounce? How can it figure the difference of a bounce to an actual trigger pull?
Old 01-25-2012, 02:02 PM
add 1,794 posts

trigger bounce is all due to the kick of the marker, so if you can get it to kick less, there would be less chance for trigger bounce. I don't know of any lighter strikers though, I know they made some back in the day (for some reason im thinking they were called dragonfly strikers... ?) but they are very hard to find.

the boards have different debounce settings, but basically, someone correct me if I'm wrong, it just stops you from firing at an extremely fast rate that most people would not be able to fire at.