Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > General Spyder Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2011, 04:19 PM
New Guy

Default New to paintball, need upgrade advice.

Hello everyone, This is a reposting of my earlier message from a different section of the forum; mainly cause Im not sure where it would be best to post this thread. So do excuse the repetition, you won't see me do it again.

I just got into paintball after string of fortunate events. I went to a garage sale a bought a full-face mask from UT for $2, then after showing my dad he gave me his brand-new, unused Syder Sonix Pro (black w/ red striping) that came with the "Sonix Pro value pack."

I've read a few reviews on my Marker, and I've been hunting for upgrade parts from the last 4 days, but most sites have very few Spyder upgrades that I want, or they have a bunch of upgrades and don't bother sorting them out that are compatible with my gun or "fits all Spyders."

I'm looking for improving efficiency and accuracy. I saw the Hush Bolt, but a forum review gave it a decent review wit the only real drawback that it seemed to chop paintballs more often, and that when paint was in the barrel that it had trouble cocking, which seemed pretty lame. Then I've seen ACS bolts, and after that I felt like I needed help. (Getting a quieter barrel couldn't hurt either.) I also saw grip/trigger upgrades to make the gun have different firing modes, but I'm not sure which one is best for my gun (which I know is a matter of opinion.)

So there you have it. I'm a total noob, and I'm seeking out upgrade parts to make my gun more efficient, accurate and I could use some advice from the vets.
Old 10-26-2011, 07:49 PM

Default Re: New to paintball, need upgrade advice.

Welcome to the paintball the addiction!
I'd suggest going out an playing with it a few times to see what you like and don't like before putting any money into it.

The only two things that might be worth looking into before would be:
1. A new loader, either anything electric or the Proto Primo. This will prevent chopping problems.
2. If you get a new loader, a replacement feedneck. Those plastic adapters drive me crazy but the length helps with gravity loaders.

After you've played a bit and know if you like the sport, you might look at an HPA Tank to replace the CO2, and maybe a new barrel. I'd hold off on bolts and electric triggers until later too as they aren't always a good idea.
Old 10-26-2011, 08:17 PM
add 1,794 posts

Default Re: New to paintball, need upgrade advice.

I'd say in this order... clamping feedneck, nice barrel, a mask that wont fog, a good force fed loader (should stop most chops), a spring kit, HPA tank, an E-frame (depending on which one you get, you may need a new asa but with all of them you will need a different stainless steel line or change to macro line)

it all depends on how much you want to spend