Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Electronic Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2011, 11:40 AM

Default Re: pilot '09 problems and questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawpass View Post
Using the reg below 500psi can certainly be done, its just a question of if you have enough velocity or if you need to compensate with a spring kit. I would guess you'd be able to dial in the back velocity adjuster and get enough velocity at around 500. The further you turn down the reg the more likely you'll need to mess with the springs.
so If i have the pressure @ 500 I'd need to turn the spring in very far to reach a high velocity? And I'd get around this by putting on a harder spring right?
Old 06-20-2011, 01:31 PM

@500 probably not all that far but a few turns for sure I'd think. Yeah you can put a harder striker spring in and you can also put in a lighter valve spring. Usually kits come with a couple of both, so you kind of have to swap them around until you find a combination that works the way you want it to.
Old 06-20-2011, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawpass View Post
@500 probably not all that far but a few turns for sure I'd think. Yeah you can put a harder striker spring in and you can also put in a lighter valve spring. Usually kits come with a couple of both, so you kind of have to swap them around until you find a combination that works the way you want it to.
Alright thanks for the info

Also I'm assuming it will be quieter with a reg or will it be about the same in terms of the sound signature?