Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Electronic Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2011, 02:28 PM
New Guy

Default Vs2 and Vs3 issues

Hi, I'm new to this forum and paintball in general. I recently purchased 2 spyders (Vs 2 new n Vs3 used). I took it to test before heading out and it was shooting fine w/o a barrel. Once I took it to the field both malfunction on me. Both seem to have a leak by the Asa on/off reg. I got them to open it up and replace some o ring there.

Even then, they both still didn't shoot. Thus time the air pressure is all messed up on both guns. W/o the tank, both gauge stayed at 150psi. I was wondering if it's bc I use compressed and not CO2. I'm really confused as to why the brand new one didn't work. Maybe they need to be lube up before play?

Can someone help me please?? Atleast point me to the right direction. They look too nice to be getting rid of. Thank you for your time
Old 05-18-2011, 04:16 PM
dorito man

Default Re: Vs2 and Vs3 issues

Where they Chronoed? If it's leaking from the Asa, you can slide them right off and see if theres a problem. The Vs2 is new 150 psi on the gauge shouldn't be enough pressure. I know when I bought my Vs3 new, I had to turn it up to 210, intill I put about 4 cases into it. Then I could turn it down to 150. The screw on the Asa is to turn up the pressure.
If the Asa is leaking it's self, and you have put new o-rings in it, and put some oil in it. You have can buy a new Asa or send the marker to Kingman.
You can always call Kingman up and see if they can resolve the problem over the phone.
The markers should work just fine regards less if the barrel is on or off. Did you try to shoot them again without the barrel?
The Vs2 will work with Co2 or Hpa, the Vs3 should only be used with Hpa.
Old 05-18-2011, 06:41 PM
New Guy

Thank you for your input. I think I might have misinformed you. The gun air pressure gauge remained at 150 psi when there is no tank attached. Both of the markers won't fire when I aired it up. I have no idea what is wrong with them. The Vs2 is brand new too.

The only time it ever fired was when I asked a guy to check it up to make sure it work the day before I went out. He aired it up and fired w/o paint ball or barrel just to test it for me. The next day, it had a leak and could not get it to fire at all ever since.

I'm thinking I need to replace the air gauge since it stayed at 150psi w/o tank attached. I also wonder if a CP regulator adapter would do me any good? Please let me know. Thanks again for your time!!!

I was really looking forward to use them too bc they look so nice, but was disappointed
Old 05-18-2011, 09:04 PM
dorito man

After airing up the markers they will hold air, thats what you are seeing on the gauge. You would have to shoot them to release the air left in the marker. Now you said you can't fire them both at all?
Are they firing at all or just not shooting paint?
If air is getting to the gauge, and holding air. I don't think it's your Asa or Reg. Stupid questions do you have them on safety?
Do they have a new battery/ or charged in them?
Is the silinoid clicking?
Whens the last time you have cleaned and oiled the marker?
You said you tried to play with the gun the next day, Did you keep the Hpa tank hooked up to the gun that night, if maybe empty now.
I need more info to help.
Old 05-19-2011, 03:05 AM
New Guy

Thanks for trying to help me. Please be patience with me for I'm a newbie and trying my best to describe the problem.

I've never shot any paint with the VS2 (brand new) before, but I can't say for the Vs3 (used). The only time I heard these markers firing were during testing. I can hear the bolt rocking back and forth but w/o a barrel in it. It pretty much just shot air.

I did not leave the tank in the marker overnight. I aired up w/ a new compressed tank and tried it, but nothing came out. I can definitely hear tiny clicks when pressing the trigger when the power is on. The safety is definitely off (green light). Batteries are new and fully charged.

So you think there might be air left in the gun hence the reason why the gauge looking like that? So you think I should put some air in it and try again? Ever since the leaked, the markers have been sitting in my closet. I haven't tried to air it or anything. Also, I've never oiled them up yet because I thought they were fairly new. I'll give that try and see

Thanks again for your time!!
Old 05-19-2011, 06:42 AM
dorito man

The markers will shoot 1 -2 shots tank hooked up or not, with air in them. Thats what your seeing on your gauge.
Now you hear the bolt or something rattling around, and you think it's the bolt?
The bolt is connected to the striker, it shouldn't move unless cocked back/fired/taken out.
I would oil the striker, the o-rings on the bolt and put a few drops in the Asa.
Try to fire it again, make sure the bolt is cocked.
Now between the time the marker was fired at the field and when you tried to play, did you do anything to the markers?
Old 05-19-2011, 11:36 AM
New Guy

I'm sorry, I meant to say the striker was rocking back and forth while the tech did the firing. Nothing was unsual about the way it fired for clarification.

Okay, so I turned it on trying to get rid of the air like you said. I cocked it and fired, and the striker shot forward like it supposed to. But the air gauge still at 150psi. Do I need to put in the barrel and paint or something? Both of the LED are on green now, so I'm sure my safety is off.
Old 05-19-2011, 11:47 AM
dorito man

Ok it's firing now, did the bolt go forward with the striker?
If it's firing, I would put some paint in the marker and try to shoot it.
Try to shoot it with the Eyes on then with them off.
Are you sure the Striker in the right way and not backwards.
The way to know that is if the spring goes into the striker, not the blunt side.
Old 05-19-2011, 12:42 PM
New Guy

I can't seem to take the Vs3 out of safety mode. Is it the same way as the Vs2? Press the bottom button for 1 second to turn the upper Led off right?

I'm not sure what you mean by the Stryker being at the right place? I've never taken the markers apart. The tech only touch the ASA. I tried to fire, but can't bc doesn't seem to have air pressure. I just checked again on the Vs2, the gauge is at 200psi and not 150 like I've stated before. It 150psi foe the Vs3
Old 05-19-2011, 01:39 PM
New Guy

Great news, the Vs2 works now. I think it was bc of not turning on the Asa valve lol. That was very dumb of me.

Okay, now with used Vs3. This thing did not fire when I cockered it. When j plugged in the air, I can't hear the ziip sound of air entering the marker. I did see the gauge moved from 150 psi to ~220 psi. So, it seemed as though the air did enter. I think my main problem right now is to get the darn thing to fire.

Thanks for everything so far guys!