Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Electronic Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2011, 01:24 PM
New Guy

Default '09 Electra, in semi mode, continues to fire after I stop walking the trigger

Hello,

Did quite a bit of searching on the internet and on this forum specifically to see if anyone had this problem and came up with nothing. Here's my problem:

I've got an '09 Electra. Always shoot in semi, walk the trigger for speed. Occasionally, when I stop walking the trigger, the marker continues to fire as if it's ramping. It'll last anywhere from 1-4 seconds. It's super annoying because a. the marker is essentially out of my control, b. I don't want to be ramping or doing anything like that in a game, c., it wastes a ton of paint.

I have no clue what's causing this. I'll list the stuff I've got on/in the gun that may be pertinent:
Regulator: stock
Bolts: stock
Board: stock
Striker spring: highest (red) tension Trinity (although my gun did this before I swapped the spring out, I believe)
Battery: Spyder's 9.6v battery
Tank: HPA, Guerilla air aluminum w/ Myth
Hopper: Evo 3 w/ Z-board

I recently replaced a pinched o-ring in my reg, otherwise I regularly oil the striker o-ring, ASA o-ring, barrel o-rings, etc. I enjoy cleaning the gun so I do it after each weekend of play.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm thinking the board would be the first thing I'd eliminate by swapping it out temporarily (or buying a new one).

Additional note:
I'm missing my trigger's post travel adjustment screw; the gun did not ship with one. That's a separate issue but it could be related.

Thanks,
Mike T.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:40 PM
sna'foo.....um.....gesund heit

Default Re: '09 Electra, in semi mode, continues to fire after I stop walking the trigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by empty View Post
Additional note:
I'm missing my trigger's post travel adjustment screw; the gun did not ship with one. That's a separate issue but it could be related.

Thanks,
Mike T.
After that nice long post, your additional note is the reason it's bouncing. Mechanical bounce to be specific. Get the appropriate screw, install and adjust it, keep the trigger from hitting the microswitch when it moves as firing, and the bounce will go away -
KUSA Old School Alumni #4939

Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius while feeling alone apposed to smiling adversaries....

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6&dateline=1201845216
Old 03-08-2011, 01:45 PM
New Guy

Default Re: '09 Electra, in semi mode, continues to fire after I stop walking the trigger

Thanks a lot for the response. I'll get that screw in ASAP. I emailed Spyder about it but no response - may have to call them.

So you're saying without the post-travel screw (closest to the handle), the trigger's "feathering" the microswitch repeatedly after I'm walking? I was guessing the lack of that screw might cause one or two extra shots to be fired rather than a couple dozen.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:53 PM
sna'foo.....um.....gesund heit

Bounce is a common prob with alot of electronic markers period. It's why alot of aftermarket boards offer a bounce setting. With these settings, the higher up the setting, the less chance of bounce. Most times bounce is caused by having the trigger adjusted too close to the microswitch. Your marker on the other hand has nothing at all to stop it from continually hitting the switch, hence your prob -

Welks
KUSA Old School Alumni #4939

Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius while feeling alone apposed to smiling adversaries....

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6&dateline=1201845216
Old 03-08-2011, 01:57 PM
New Guy

Thanks a lot for the explanation! I'll contact Spyder so I can get myself one of those screws. Have a good one.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:13 PM
New Guy

Did this fix your problem. I have thew same issue on any mode im in and i have th screw in there and i think its adjusted properly.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:05 AM
New Guy

The screw closest to the grip makes the trigger closer to the mico
switch. So if he doesn't have one that means he has the most distance possible in between the trigger and the switch. So it may not be that.