Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Non-Paintball Topics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2011, 02:53 AM

Default Re: DANGER - bottle bombs - Public service warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by druid View Post
It think it best you keep your uninspiring opinions to yourself until you do what leed asks:

'nuff said.
Uninspiring hmmm... I'm not trying to educate a nation. Informative, yes. I talk out of personal experience because it happened to a friend of mine. The bottle bomb took long to detonate and he went to pick it up to give it another shake and it blew right when he went to pick it up. As I said the only symptoms he suffered was temporary blindness until we took him in and ran water through his eyes and face.
Now as far as taking a video for 2 forum members who disagree with my public and personal opinion through a forum. Now that is insane.
Druid you need to settle down as this is not a debate nor a battle ground. Personal opinions are what forums are made of hence this post being filed under General Spyder Discussion. Educated, honest, and respectful opinions are what matter most.
Old 01-26-2011, 09:48 AM
I'm Back!

Still sounds like a pretty stupid thing to me, as anything that causes temporary blindness could technically cause permanent blindness.

Three years is too long without paintball.
Old 01-26-2011, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatThaSmurf View Post
Still sounds like a pretty stupid thing to me, as anything that causes temporary blindness could technically cause permanent blindness.
Not if it were filled with ice cream!
Old 01-26-2011, 06:16 PM
I'm Back!

I enjoyed that dream.

Old 01-26-2011, 08:41 PM
Mo Anam Cara (friend of my soul)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arias View Post
Uninspiring hmmm... I'm not trying to educate a nation. Informative, yes. I talk out of personal experience because it happened to a friend of mine. The bottle bomb took long to detonate and he went to pick it up to give it another shake and it blew right when he went to pick it up. As I said the only symptoms he suffered was temporary blindness until we took him in and ran water through his eyes and face.
Now as far as taking a video for 2 forum members who disagree with my public and personal opinion through a forum. Now that is insane.
Druid you need to settle down as this is not a debate nor a battle ground. Personal opinions are what forums are made of hence this post being filed under General Spyder Discussion. Educated, honest, and respectful opinions are what matter most.
Good for you...talking from "personal experience"......I don't care if you made a thousand of them and escaped unscathed in every instance.

The problem is not the fact that these devices might be "fun" when in some remote field...or country like...wherever......

......the problem is these morons are placing them in such a way that the ingredients don't react until the intended VICTIM moves them. That's Malicious Intent to Do Bodily Harm...meaning...the kids who are placing these devices FULLY INTEND TO HURT THE VICTIMS.

Perhaps if you took the time to realize the intent of my post, you might not have responded so "tongue in cheek" about it.
Old 01-26-2011, 09:57 PM
I'm Back!

I'd also like to point out that joining a forum doesn't necessarily entitle you to a certain position or opinion. As a human you can think and say whatever you want, but as a member of a forum you are required to avoid any discussion that may be offensive.

Not saying anyone here said anything particularly offensive, but Arias did bring up something about personal opinions and forums. I frequent forums, and help run one. You are not fully entitled to your opinion, and that is understood when you register.

Just one of my pet peeves, people thinking they can say whatever they want even if they might offend someone.

Old 01-27-2011, 02:20 AM
SlalomSki stuk to my feet

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatThaSmurf View Post
I'd also like to point out that joining a forum doesn't necessarily entitle you to a certain position or opinion. As a human you can think and say whatever you want, but as a member of a forum you are required to avoid any discussion that may be offensive...
Thank you. Remember guys, disagreements and discussions are perfectly fine. Just take it down a notch. Just because its a personal opinion doesn't mean you can take personal shots. I'm not talking to any one specifically, so just think of others before you post.
bamfhacker: next time wear butt pads
Old 01-27-2011, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by druid View Post
Good for you...talking from "personal experience"......I don't care if you made a thousand of them and escaped unscathed in every instance.

The problem is not the fact that these devices might be "fun" when in some remote field...or country like...wherever......

......the problem is these morons are placing them in such a way that the ingredients don't react until the intended VICTIM moves them. That's Malicious Intent to Do Bodily Harm...meaning...the kids who are placing these devices FULLY INTEND TO HURT THE VICTIMS.

Perhaps if you took the time to realize the intent of my post, you might not have responded so "tongue in cheek" about it.
I do realize the intent of your post as it is a public service warning to help create public awareness and I do not have to reedit my posts coloring them in and increasing the text size to make them stand out. Those people doing the pranks have no respect for others. All they get in reward of their actions is a good laugh. We have to take in account all the wasted resources as seen in the video due to this prank. Calling the local authorities and having a bomb squad deployed to neutralize the threat with a charge and not to mention paramedics present in case something goes wrong. All this for a 2 or 3 dollar prank.
Old 01-27-2011, 04:44 AM

Respected, period.

Ok let me step in here...

First of all, everyone is entitled to there own opinion here and nobody should be "attacked" because their opinion differs from yours (to a certain extent, if you were posting Nazi type messages, while I wouldn't attack you, you would not be welcome to share your opinion here).

Now to the heart of this matter/thread. Arias, 2 or 3 or a billion dollar prank, if someone other than the person who created the bomb gets hurt, it is wrong and illegal. We do not condone illegal activities in any way, shape or form on this website. If you want to build these bombs and set them off away from civilization for your own entertainment, by all means do so, as long as it is LEGAL. As far as I know, bomb building of any type, regardless of use, is ILLEGAL, in the United States and since that is where this website operates, those are the laws we follow. These acts are not to be taken light heartedly, prank or not. If innocent people are getting hurt due to these pranks, it is not amusing, and if you think that it is, please do not share that opinion here, and I also urge you to talk to a councilor.

Please don't take my post as choosing sides or attacking anybody. I have a responsibility to the site and to Kingman. Illegal activities have been discussed on other websites and those websites, whether aware of those discussions or not, have been subject to prosecution, which I will not let happen on this site. While I don't think this discussion is horrible, I need you (everyone) to understand my position and the reason for my post.

KUSA Feedback

2006 Non-Spyder of the Year - The Shunut Spimmy

Shunut Creations
Old 01-27-2011, 08:51 AM

I don't know if you guys are misinterpreting my posts. I do not approve of these actions. I shared a personal experience that happened about 15 years ago. Shunut the mere fact that I gave the prank a monetary value does not represent the intent or nature of said act. I said it to show how resources were unnecessarily put to use due to a couple individuals satisfying there sick needs. If I have offended anyone I do apologize as it was not my intent, but I do ask to read the posts carefully as to not misinterpret or put words where they are not.