Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > General Spyder Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-14-2010, 08:59 AM
New Guy

Exclamation Help... New Player..!!

Hi everybody.

Im a newbe i like play tactical and speedball grounds, more tactical than the speedball.

I want to buy a marker but I just have 200$US... i was investigating and my conclusion was that a spyder electra 09' is the best option. Cause have sinlge shot to tactical games, and 3 more operation modes. Is a good marker and cheap, also have a long distance shot to tactical games. I read that it work better with N2 (HPA or Compress Air). But ok that is my opinion about all that i read and i saw in videos.
On ebay i saw a offert that a kit of spyder electra 2009 Brand New in 180$

I negative feedback that some people said is that the electrics marker can break easily, and if get wet to...

But i want the opinion of the people that know more than me.

If you have a better options please recomend me the marker that you want

Thanks u all
Old 12-14-2010, 11:22 AM
dorito man

Default Re: Help... New Player..!!

You can get a spyder electra 09 cheaper than 180 bucks. It depends on what you want though. Do you want new or do you care if the marker is Refurbished, or used. Any type of speed ball marker can be used for woodsball. You said you like to play tactical more than speed. A woods ball marker really isn't ment for speed ball, but a speed ball marker can be used for both, thats what I do. If you are plan on getting a Hpa tank, I would get that first, then get the marker second. If you plan on getting a electric marker, make sure you get a hopper that can keep up with it too.
Old 12-14-2010, 02:51 PM
add 1,794 posts

you can only shoot as fast as your marker can feed so an electronic hopper is a must. as for getting them wet, unless youre in a torential down pour you should be fine. you wouldnt want to play in the rain anyway. once moisture gets in your barrel youre going to start breaking balls in the barrel.
Old 12-15-2010, 08:50 AM
New Guy

Thanks you both for you advices...
Old 12-19-2010, 05:14 PM

If you are considering a tactical type marker you should look into the Spyder MR Series. This series is more rugged than the speedball markers so they can take a beating. The Tippman "New A-5" is also within your budget and is an excellent marker, also very durable and customizable. Then there is the BT and US ARMY line of markers which are also very affordable and you can get an electronic one within your budget. These last 2 are manufactured by Tippmann so they are also very reliable markers. Everything else comes down to personal preference and most importantly what your budget permits.
Old 12-20-2010, 05:16 AM
add 1,794 posts

the only thing about guns like tippmans are that theyre nice for woodsball but not very good for speedball. "speedball guns" can easily be used for both
Old 12-20-2010, 03:41 PM
New Guy

which mask and hopper do you recomend for me cheap but good like spyder electra 09... i like the Egghoppers and the eagle style mask....

Opinions please and thanks.
Old 12-20-2010, 04:24 PM

The best cheap mask that I have used and recommend is the V Force Vantage. It uses the same lens as the more expensive Profiler. It has a great low profile fit and a wide range of view. It is also very comfortable.
Old 12-20-2010, 04:33 PM
Apparently I'm a gun whore and all i have is two guns.

V Force Grill is a pretty good mask. About 70 bucks new. I got mine for 35 used.
Old 12-20-2010, 05:03 PM
Deltafreak

I am a big fan of the v force mask and like Arias said the vantage is every affordable i have the profiler mask and love it. I currently play with a proto pm7 gun more for speedball but play both tactical or speed it works good both ways. Like Dark shadow said the tippmans dont do so hot on the speedball side. From what you have said i would A buy a ninja 48/3000 hpa tank ( there cheaper and you dont sound like you need a 150 tank ). Then buy a hopper see if you cna find a new halo for 50 or less on ebay ( decent deal ). Im not sure about the other guys on here but i had the egg evo2 and broke lots of paint myself. Then third buy your gun unless you find a package with all this. in your price range. Lastly id buy the v force vantage if you can still afford it. If not hey Christmas is saturday good stocking stuffer to ask for! Mask you can usually borrow from a pb place. ( Atleast my local shop loans em out)