Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Mechanical Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-10-2010, 06:03 PM
bigbubba's Avatar
bigbubba bigbubba is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Poplar Bluff Missouri
Posts: 43
Default How long do i charge my battery?

Recently bought another 08 xtra and it came with a rocking electronic trigger but no manual. How long do i charge the battery for?Also i have never had a trigger like this before is there any tricks to using it?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-10-2010, 08:14 PM
Talon's Avatar
Talon Talon is offline
dorito man
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Auburn NY
Posts: 152
Default Re: How long do i charge my battery?

I charge my for about 3-4 hour, or just leave it overnight. As for the rocking trigger, if it's anything like the rocking trigger I have. Take it off safety ( switch on the side of the trigger frame)then there is a black button on the back of the frame. You can program it from there, semi, 3 shot, full auto. Plus you can change the bps on full auto.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-11-2010, 12:43 AM
DRAGON's Avatar
DRAGON DRAGON is offline
sna'foo.....um.....gesund heit
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Land of the Sun
Posts: 3,658
Arrow Re: How long do i charge my battery?

Go to the spyder.tv main page and under "support" click on "manuals". From that point click on the VS3 manual. VS3 has the RTF on it and should give you an idea how long to charge the battery. There is no RTF manual listed for some reason -

Whatever you do, don't charge it overnight. Worse thing you can do is overcharge the battery and fry it. You'll then need to buy a new one. You might consider an LED wall charger or an LED car charger. The car chargers are on sale for $5 in the Spyder shopathon thingy going on right now. That's basically below dealer pricing -
__________________
KUSA Old School Alumni #4939
Registered: 6/26/02
Posts: 14,000+ before the old mothership went down

Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius while feeling alone apposed to smiling adversaries....

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6&dateline=1201845216
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-11-2010, 06:09 AM
bigbubba's Avatar
bigbubba bigbubba is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Poplar Bluff Missouri
Posts: 43
Default Re: How long do i charge my battery?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon View Post
I charge my for about 3-4 hour, or just leave it overnight. As for the rocking trigger, if it's anything like the rocking trigger I have. Take it off safety ( switch on the side of the trigger frame)then there is a black button on the back of the frame. You can program it from there, semi, 3 shot, full auto. Plus you can change the bps on full auto.
Thanks ,yours sounds just like mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGON View Post
Go to the spyder.tv main page and under "support" click on "manuals". From that point click on the VS3 manual. VS3 has the RTF on it and should give you an idea how long to charge the battery. There is no RTF manual listed for some reason -

Whatever you do, don't charge it overnight. Worse thing you can do is overcharge the battery and fry it. You'll then need to buy a new one. You might consider an LED wall charger or an LED car charger. The car chargers are on sale for $5 in the Spyder shopathon thingy going on right now. That's basically below dealer pricing -
Thanks man,I'm headed there right now to check out a car charger.Would be great for those weekend long scenario games
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-11-2010, 04:22 PM
DRAGON's Avatar
DRAGON DRAGON is offline
sna'foo.....um.....gesund heit
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Land of the Sun
Posts: 3,658
Arrow Re: How long do i charge my battery?

Have used the car charger for around 8 years now. Not only convenient as you mentioned but does the job in 1.5 hours. LED is red when charging and green when done so there's no guesswork when it's fully charged -

You need to be attentive and not forget when using the car charger. Only did this once with my brand new VS2. I forgot about charging it, left it all night and the next morning the brand new battery was crispy fried -
__________________
KUSA Old School Alumni #4939
Registered: 6/26/02
Posts: 14,000+ before the old mothership went down

Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius while feeling alone apposed to smiling adversaries....

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6&dateline=1201845216
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-12-2010, 05:48 AM
bigbubba's Avatar
bigbubba bigbubba is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Poplar Bluff Missouri
Posts: 43
Default Re: How long do i charge my battery?

Ok how do i change my bps? it clicks from semi-3burst-6burst-auto then starts over.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-12-2010, 07:25 AM
TheDarkShadow's Avatar
TheDarkShadow TheDarkShadow is offline
add 1,794 posts
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: South East IN
Posts: 2,775
Default Re: How long do i charge my battery?

hold the button down and wait for the number to start flashing
__________________
E-framed Sonix Pro
2009/2010 bone stock sonix
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-12-2010, 12:02 PM
bigbubba's Avatar
bigbubba bigbubba is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Poplar Bluff Missouri
Posts: 43
Default Re: How long do i charge my battery?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkShadow View Post
hold the button down and wait for the number to start flashing
Thanks man!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:35 PM.