Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > General Spyder Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2005, 12:00 PM

Default Gas Leak Through Barrel

Alright, im hoping since this is such a big leak, that its easy to fix. Crossing Fingers. Here it is. I screw in the tank, air leaks straight through the barrel and out she goes. When I first screw it in, it (gas) stays in (when I cock the bolt). Once I fire once, it just leaks right through. What I did so far, was change the spring, thinking that it may be damaged, but still the same thing. So is it something big like the valve? or simple like the cup seal or valve pin. wish I had a camera to show u guys how it looks but if i had to describe it...the spring(s) dont fit tightly on the cup seal, it just falls off. so maybe the cup seal?(although they dont sit nicely on the other cup seal either..hrmm) the pin has tiny scratches on the side starting near the flat side, but on the round part. I thought that was odd, until i took out my brother's spyder and his pin has the same scratches so maybe thats normal..Anyway if any of this makes sense, help me out :")
Old 12-29-2005, 12:05 PM

Default Re: Gas Leak Through Barrel

Tiny scratchs on the vavle pin are normal, though I would recommend polishing them out. I would start simple and replace the cupseal first.
Old 12-29-2005, 12:06 PM
You will respect my authoritaaah!! Cut your halo feedneck!!!

i'd definatly try changing ur cupseal, san make sure the brass valve screw on the bottom is nice and tight, i've heard of the valvle moving and not lining up correctly.
Old 12-29-2005, 12:22 PM

Yes, definatley make sure your valve is securely in place. Also, speaking from experience here, find the LAPCO cupseals. Those things are a god send. They work sooo much better than the stock cupseals.
Old 12-29-2005, 01:48 PM
Chopper Dave. We Have Uh-Oh

Yes try oiling the cupseal. Then replace it if it doesnt work.
Old 12-29-2005, 01:55 PM

oiling the actual cup seal ? Ok I Will try that in a bit, but here are my findings so far.

Managed to grab a cup seal and pin from my brothers spyder clone, its a bit bigger, it doesnt have a guide (im guessing cuz its already teh size of the inside). Anyway, it did work. I had a few spurting problems at first, but maybe it just needed to break in. (fire, and spurt and recock itself). Anyway, I put in a hard main spring and a medium valve spring in. So here is what happened when I went to fire a few shots.

Using the evII and Brand New ACS Bolt that hasnt been fired on yet.
I fired off I'd say about 60 Balls perfectly in semi mode. Not sure how fast, but im just going to assume 8 bps ( i duno ). It was fine and then poof, one ball chopped inside and I ran out of air at the same time. I dont know if its related, but theres no way for me to check again until i get my tank filled..thats my update if anyone wants to respond.

Would worn out detents cause a chop ?? Im not sure if mine are or not, or if they do wear out. Look fine to me :/

Last edited by h3ctor : 12-29-2005 at 02:01 PM.
Old 12-29-2005, 02:11 PM
Do what you like.

You say the acs bolt is brand new? try breaking it in...this takes a while..but it will work. Stick a pencil in the feed tube and fire about 3000 times, then it'll be broken in.
We're the boys of the county hell
Old 12-29-2005, 05:05 PM
Bling Bling Bling

I also had a slight barrel leak. I have a AKA Tornado valve and it just needed a little while for the seal to seat it self solid. Now no leaks and my PSI is at a beautiful 300..

HacKeR

Trust
*AO*IO*KUSA*PBN*PHOG*
You have been roshamboed
BAMF-Hacker's Mood: HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!!!!
Old 12-29-2005, 06:41 PM

nah, this isnt a slight barrel leak, this is like..gas going right thru out the barrel. like u screw in the tank and SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSs it all comes out the barrel lol.

I have one of those inexpensive ND hp valves coming in soon, maybe my valve is no good + cup seal. So Ill report then.
Old 12-29-2005, 06:42 PM
Marine Corps.

.... haha ... well it could be either your valve or cupseal .. but cupseals the most common problem for your leak down your barrel ...