Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Electronic Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2010, 09:25 PM
New Guy

Default Electra Valve Stick?

I had the strangest thing happen to me this weekend while playing with my 08 Electra. At one point in time i shot once and it seemed like the poppet valve got stuck open. The bolt was being bounced between the front of the sear and the back of the body, CO2 visibly came out of the grip, top of the gun, and barrel. I shot it again immediately after, and it farted for a half a second and then recocked, still leaking. I pulled back the bolt thinking it was holding the valve open, but as I already said it was pinned in the cocked position. shot it two more times, and on the third time the valve stayed closed. Worked fine for the rest of the match after that. Put some oil in the ASA after that incident and it didn't happen again.

Anyone else ever have this happen? Can anyone think of another reason other than poppet stick? I'm going to do a complete tear down and rebuild this week, maybe i can find something funky on the inside.
Old 06-29-2010, 10:00 AM
not a nublet, sheesh.

Default Re: Electra Valve Stick?

Hmm, maybe something got stuck in between the cup seal and the valve body? That's pretty strange though..
Trinity Front block
IPS Sunbear Bolt
Dark Horizon titanium striker

Green/silver VSC CCI Phantom

Red/Black PMR SE
Old 07-01-2010, 08:51 AM
New Guy

after doing a complete tear down I did find a small piece of dried glue or something in the space between the reg and VA. Its not too far fetched to assume a piece of that broke off and got stuck between the valve and the cupseal. I have no idea how it got in there though, wasn't there the last time i took the gun apart.
Old 07-01-2010, 09:58 AM
not a nublet, sheesh.

That's strange, but it provides a reasonable explanation, so you shouldn't have to worry about it happeneing again.
Trinity Front block
IPS Sunbear Bolt
Dark Horizon titanium striker

Green/silver VSC CCI Phantom

Red/Black PMR SE
Old 08-31-2010, 08:44 AM
New Guy

Unfortunately, the issue popped up again. Playing last weekend the same thing happened out of the blue. Now having already happened before I was able to quickly fix it on field. But clearly the valve stick was not a result of the adhesive. can anyone think of alternate reasons for valve stick?

On a side note, but possibly related my Electra was strangely inconsistent over the chrono with both HPA and CO2. I was getting strings of something similar to: 274,280, 278, 282, 200, 213, 277, 283... a fairly consistent string followed by a huge drop in velocity for a shot or two.