Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Mechanical Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2010, 06:06 AM
New Guy

Default Spyder 07 Upgrade Question

I know the 07 xtra doesnt come with a reg. I have an e-trigger on it and using HPA. It has a recocking problem sometimes which always happens at the worst time. Thinking a reg can fix that issue. Can anyone suggest a reg to get for it. Having a problem finding one. Thanks
Old 06-03-2010, 07:03 PM
not a nublet, sheesh.

Default Re: Spyder 07 Upgrade Question

Nah, the reg won't help you, all a regulator can do is lower the input pressure.

Make sure your HPA tank has at least 800 psi in it for starters (this is the approximate equivalent to what co2 tanks put out, and what spyders are design to run at).

Next, if you have haven't already done so, break down the whole gun, clean and lube moving parts, replace any o-rings that may have gone bad (esp. check the striker o-ring).

Does the re-cocking issue usually happen when you start firing quickly/in auto?
Trinity Front block
IPS Sunbear Bolt
Dark Horizon titanium striker

Green/silver VSC CCI Phantom

Red/Black PMR SE
Old 06-04-2010, 04:08 AM
New Guy

I usually lube most moving parts before each time i play. But i will break the whole gun down and take a look. It happens at completely random times. Always in speedball typically if i get in a jam, so yes i guess you can say when i start shooting faster. I do have the 07 e-trigger on it which i am sure you probably assumed. I never have it in full auto, it is always on semi. Also the other thing i was thinking was my tank is a 68ci/4500. The first time i played it was filled at 4500 but the field i play at no only has 3000 to fill it with. Would that make a difference? I didnt think it would but i dont know too much about how air tanks really work. Thanks for answering and any other help is appreciated.
Old 06-05-2010, 01:18 PM
not a nublet, sheesh.

Nah, as long as you have more than 800 psi in the tank it should be ok. The way HPA tanks work is they're filled to 4500 or 3000 psi, and a regulator built into the tank reduces that to ~800-850 psi depending on the reg (low pressure tanks are also made that output ~400-450psi). Co2 is stored as a combination of liquid and vapor in the tank, and as the vapor is used up, more co2 goes from liquid to gas. The vapor pressure of Co2 at ~70* F is ~800 psi, so thats spyders run at.

One thing you can do to improve re-cocking is to polish the striker. Otter's site is gone now sadly, but sundragon has a how to ish thing for a lot of DIY LP mods including polishing. This would probably be last resort, unless you enjoy playing around with that kind of stuff.

http://www.sundragonpps.com/paintbal...free_mods.html

Lastly, what hopper are you using, and does it usually chop, which leads into the jackhammering? If so, you could try getting a faster hopper.. Are you using the stock bolt, or do you perhaps have an ACS bolt?
Trinity Front block
IPS Sunbear Bolt
Dark Horizon titanium striker

Green/silver VSC CCI Phantom

Red/Black PMR SE
Old 10-05-2010, 07:56 AM
Deltafreak

Sun dragon is an excellent site i also had the jam issue in my gun and did 2 things switched to a lighter ( weaker ) cocking spring the bottom tube spring. Then i bought a quieter hush bolt and so far so good in speedball