Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Veteran Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2010, 07:36 PM
Gun Whore Extraodinair......113 And Counting

Default Re: Azodin KP pump?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFSniper View Post

i saw one KP at the field on saturday, and the only problem it had with farting was because theres no return spring on the pump. i saw 2 cockers that were farting worse than the KP.
farting has nothing to due with the return spring, its all in the valve.

We tried to respring the KP at the field and got nowhere, only time it would stop it was either shooting really hot and below 200.

If you never played pump before a phantom is usually not a good first step unless you know what your in for. The phantom, even with aftermarket pump kits have a very hard pump stroke to them. Using a hopper with one is also very top heavy b/c the gun is so light. Using the stick feed and 12 grams or 3.5oz tank is the way to go with a phantom but going to stock class straight away turns alot of people off from pump play.

Its easier to transition to a cocker before going straight to stock class b/c you can use a normal size hopper and tank, overall the gun has the same feeling your use to. I have seen more then a handful of new phantom users (even long time cocker based pump players) become extremely frustrated when using the phantom due to either running out of paint in the 10/15 round tube or having to change 12 grams mid game.

Back to gun whoring.....

armedfuture (8:12:32 PM): I'm a big angel
paintball6684 (8:16:09 PM): more like out of control, raging ginger
armedfuture (8:16:40 PM): noooooooo...........
Old 04-26-2010, 09:04 PM
Respected Player

I for one would rather get an Autococker or something like that. I love my Hybrid pump, if you can, get one of those.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:18 PM
Grammar Nazi in training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddytaco View Post
farting has nothing to due with the return spring, its all in the valve.

We tried to respring the KP at the field and got nowhere, only time it would stop it was either shooting really hot and below 200.

If you never played pump before a phantom is usually not a good first step unless you know what your in for. The phantom, even with aftermarket pump kits have a very hard pump stroke to them. Using a hopper with one is also very top heavy b/c the gun is so light. Using the stick feed and 12 grams or 3.5oz tank is the way to go with a phantom but going to stock class straight away turns alot of people off from pump play.

Its easier to transition to a cocker before going straight to stock class b/c you can use a normal size hopper and tank, overall the gun has the same feeling your use to. I have seen more then a handful of new phantom users (even long time cocker based pump players) become extremely frustrated when using the phantom due to either running out of paint in the 10/15 round tube or having to change 12 grams mid game.
ok, thanks for the advice. I'm still thinking about it. I have played with a phantom before. I didnt hit anybody in the whole hour that i used it, but i loved the feel of it, and i was using a 3.5oz tank. I think that it's something that i could get ahold of eventally, and i think i would like the challenge. I got a good deal from a guy on a phantom and tank, so i'm gonna see where that goes

Pilot Owner's Club Member #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by XSiv_Force
Here is the ultimate How Not to get bruises..........................
DONT GET HIT
My Photobucket photography Album