Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Non-Paintball Topics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2010, 02:59 PM
sna'foo.....um.....gesund heit

Cool Pay for someone elses meal

Yesterday I was eating sushi and other asian goodies in a restaurant that I frequent. Shortly before I was done with my meal, a family of four were seated in the booth next to mine. The father and daughter both looked at me and with a friendly face, nodded as if to say hi as they walked by -

While sitting with my back towards them, they seemed like a nice close knit group speaking low toned about different things with a chuckle here and there -

Well it was time to leave for me and on the way to pay for my meal, I was inspired to pick up their $40 check as well. I suppose it may have been related to the two friendly nods and the fact that they appeared to be a loving caring family group that respected each other and others around them -

This is not the first time I've done this. Not always in the same scenario or situation. Besides flipping a pitiful looking bum a twenty occasionally(Never the ones that beg! Never!), I have thus far escaped before thanks could be given. I think it's pretty cool to occasionally do things for others with not even expecting a thanks in return. Kind of leaves people scratching thier heads in wonder, hee hee -
KUSA Old School Alumni #4939

Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius while feeling alone apposed to smiling adversaries....

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6&dateline=1201845216
Old 04-24-2010, 03:26 PM
RaWr

Default Re: Pay for someone elses meal

I feel much the same Drago, sometimes its because I hear them telling their kids that they cant get a certain meal because money is tight, sometimes its just because they seem friendly and as if they would pass it on. If nothing else it makes you feel good at the end of the day knowing that you likely brought a smile and a "wow really? Thanks." to someones face. There are so few people left in this world that will even give a friendly nod to a stranger. You are a good man.

Btw I hope things are well with you it has been far too long my friend.
"If society is tranquil, it is not because it is conscious of its strength and its well-being, but because it fears its weakness and its infirmities; a single effort may cost it its life. Everyone feels the evil, but no one has courage or energy enough to seek the cure."
Old 04-25-2010, 01:45 PM
sna'foo.....um.....gesund heit

Arrow Re: Pay for someone elses meal

Hey Matt, wassup bud? -

Indeed, I rarely see anyone on the streets with a friendly "Howdy doo?" these days -
KUSA Old School Alumni #4939

Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius while feeling alone apposed to smiling adversaries....

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6&dateline=1201845216