Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Non-Paintball Topics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2010, 09:22 AM
Official SOC Short Bus Crew

Default Re: Soc Gdt

oh, im not saying dont go to school. but make sure you set realistic goals while in school
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Spyder to pump conversion tutorial!
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote:
(7:11:05 PM) Battlechaser: Did you just slaughter George Clooney and steal his mojo..?
"Death doesn't exist. It never did, it never will. But we've drawn so many pictures of it, so many years, trying to pin it down, comprehend it, we've got to think of it as an entity, strangely alive and greedy."
- from Ray Bradbury's Something Wicked this Way Comes
Old 07-02-2010, 10:29 AM

Respected, period.

I'm not sure I understand what you are meaning by realistic. If you go to school for something, the school has a program for that degree, how could anything be unrealistic? I could understand being unrealistic thinking you are going to school to be an actor and that fresh out of school, you are going to land a multi-million dollar contract. I see that as unrealistic. But I don't think it is ever unrealistic to chase a dream. If nobody ever chased their dreams, do you know where our world would be? If you pursue just about any dream, you can do it...

I have to agree with D about the starting out at a community college, working toward an associates first, way easier that way. Community colleges are WAY smaller than Universities. Class sizes at Universities for lower level classes are ofter 200+, very hard to learn. I started out at ASU, fresh out of high school 12 years ago, what a shocker. After my first semester there, I decided to go to a community college, get all my gen-eds out of the way, then go back to ASU, best decision I could have made.

KUSA Feedback

2006 Non-Spyder of the Year - The Shunut Spimmy

Shunut Creations
Old 07-02-2010, 04:30 PM
Grammar Nazi in training

ok, i'm definately going to college. i've never even debated about going to school or not. and i want to be happy, but my parents have raised me on little money. they want me to be a doctor or lawyer so bad, cuz they make money. but i want to be happy. right now (i know its a part-time, fast food, high school job) i hate my job. it's brought my mood down quite a bit lately, and i wont be able to live like that if i hate my career.
I still have 2 years before i graduate, so I'm not too rushed... and i do plan on going to a very small 2-year transfer school before another university..
geeze, i dont remember what everyone said, so i cant reply to everything. lol..

Pilot Owner's Club Member #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by XSiv_Force
Here is the ultimate How Not to get bruises..........................
DONT GET HIT
My Photobucket photography Album
Old 07-02-2010, 05:34 PM
Has Been

Quote:
Originally Posted by durrell View Post
In my opinion, the WORST thing someone can do is go to a large university for 4 years. It costs a fortune and forces immature kids to make career choices immediately out of high school.
While I agreed with everything else D said, I have to disagree with this. I go to a rather large university, and its my thing. I LOVE to meet people. I like the large size school. While it does cost a pretty penny, they have the exact major of my dream job(s) and I already know what I want to do. In-State public schools arent exactly very expensive (vs out of state). But if you really like a school and dont exactly know what you want to do, its not half bad because they have a boatload of majors to chose from/try out to see if its your thing or not.

Im definitely not hating on the community college thing. That definitely a decent choice to keep the costs down because you can get a job, live at home, and still go to school.

Id suggest to do what you want. Shu said above doing what you love and getting paid well > all, and if you have that opportunity its great. Not everyone has that chance though, but if you do its priceless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelpDeskHustler View Post
It just occurred to me that "bad company" may be a terrible name for a team sponsored by only one company.
Old 07-02-2010, 06:03 PM
add 1,794 posts

one of the main reasons i'm going to a big university is that i wanted "the college experience" of staying in a dorm and being on my own and the other stuff that goes with it. no doubt the community college would've been cheaper
Old 07-02-2010, 07:05 PM

Respected, period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballkid0206 View Post
ok, i'm definately going to college. i've never even debated about going to school or not. and i want to be happy, but my parents have raised me on little money. they want me to be a doctor or lawyer so bad, cuz they make money. but i want to be happy. right now (i know its a part-time, fast food, high school job) i hate my job. it's brought my mood down quite a bit lately, and i wont be able to live like that if i hate my career.
I still have 2 years before i graduate, so I'm not too rushed... and i do plan on going to a very small 2-year transfer school before another university..
geeze, i dont remember what everyone said, so i cant reply to everything. lol..
Don't do it because your mom and dad want you to do it. I understand wanting to respect and honor your parents but when it comes to your career, you can't do it because your parents want you to. I'm sure they want you to be happy more than anything else, so that should be your goal.

KUSA Feedback

2006 Non-Spyder of the Year - The Shunut Spimmy

Shunut Creations
Old 07-02-2010, 07:15 PM
Grammar Nazi in training

i know i shouldn't do it just cuz they want me to, and im prolly not going to dod that. i was just saying how my parents want me to earn big bucks... and i wish i could say i felt like they want me to be happy more than anything else. my dad is NOT very supportive at all when it comes to my musical interests. according to him: dancing's gay, singing's gay, acting's gay... oh well, i guess..

Pilot Owner's Club Member #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by XSiv_Force
Here is the ultimate How Not to get bruises..........................
DONT GET HIT
My Photobucket photography Album
Old 07-02-2010, 09:18 PM
Official SOC Short Bus Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkShadow View Post
one of the main reasons i'm going to a big university is that i wanted "the college experience" of staying in a dorm and being on my own and the other stuff that goes with it. no doubt the community college would've been cheaper
yeah, im glad i didnt go to a big school because im a procrastinator, and being around people who constantly want to go out and do stuff would have messed me up more than it already has.
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Spyder to pump conversion tutorial!
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote:
(7:11:05 PM) Battlechaser: Did you just slaughter George Clooney and steal his mojo..?
"Death doesn't exist. It never did, it never will. But we've drawn so many pictures of it, so many years, trying to pin it down, comprehend it, we've got to think of it as an entity, strangely alive and greedy."
- from Ray Bradbury's Something Wicked this Way Comes
Old 07-03-2010, 12:12 AM
No more Pablo San Lucas, you'll have to reset your title because I can't remember what it was

The answer to all of this, get drunK!@ lOL>LOL

I just haed a meeting weith the instirute of technology here to discuss their pharmacy ytech program., I'm not going to do it because it just isn;t me. Even during school id hacve to take out my lip ringsd and plugs out of my ears and I don't want to do that. Plus it'sm 9 months, 4 days a week, 4 and a half hours a day and 15k dollars for a carrerrr. lol.
Old 07-03-2010, 03:23 AM
Respected Player

I wanted to do photography so badly. However for college and all that it was going to be alot of money. Then a few months ago I got offered a scholarship to become a firefighter at a community college up here and the more I looked into it I realized I could take other classes so I'm also doing photography. Just be patient and think about it. You have about another year before you have to decide for sure and alot can happen in a year.