Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Non-Paintball Topics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2010, 11:24 AM
No more Pablo San Lucas, you'll have to reset your title because I can't remember what it was

Default Re: Soc Gdt

Girls always date super early after a break up. It's inevitable. At the end of it all, getting insight and advice from people will sorta help. All I can say is follow what your gut is telling you to do, not your heart.
Old 05-20-2010, 02:10 PM

Respected, period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvin-martian View Post
I don't think enough time has passed for you to make a big bold move, but you can still make slight pokes at things in order to test boundaries. I feel the same way about being a rebound guy and have literally told a girl to put the brakes on after she came out of a relationship, but the longer you take the more you risk another guy coming in and picking her up. You need to keep doing what you're doing while making the occasional joke and prod in order to see where she stands on things. Right now I am sure she is in need of someone to be there and talk to, but nothing you told us is a strong indicator of how far that goes.
I'm pretty much an all or nothing sort of guy. Which has lead me to my current position, which is knee deep. Not sure how things are going to pan out but we'll see.

KUSA Feedback

2006 Non-Spyder of the Year - The Shunut Spimmy

Shunut Creations
Old 05-20-2010, 03:27 PM
Official SOC Short Bus Crew

bored. no one on AIM to keep me company, and i dont want to do my 5 page rough draft due monday.
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Spyder to pump conversion tutorial!
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote:
(7:11:05 PM) Battlechaser: Did you just slaughter George Clooney and steal his mojo..?
"Death doesn't exist. It never did, it never will. But we've drawn so many pictures of it, so many years, trying to pin it down, comprehend it, we've got to think of it as an entity, strangely alive and greedy."
- from Ray Bradbury's Something Wicked this Way Comes
Old 05-20-2010, 03:45 PM

Respected, period.

I'm on AIM, I'm always on AIM.

KUSA Feedback

Shunut Creations
Old 05-20-2010, 04:53 PM
Ich will mehr, immer mehr, genau wie du, immer mehr

Quote:
Originally Posted by shunut View Post
I hesitate to post this, mainly because we are all paintballers and computer nerds () so none of us have girlfriends (another ), but I will anyway.
so true

I'm ready for summer break , as i approach my final days as a junior before I'm a senior. Looking for a job and no luck , but I have confidence that I will find one.

VS2:Stock, red body kit, 14" 32* Whisper barrel, Fasta
Victor 2:halfbacked, ESP Frame T- Board, VS2 Barrel, Magna Valve, ND Valve Pin, Drilled VA, Polished Striker, Bandit 2 O-ring Delrin Bolt, Custom Trigger, Rex Expansion Chamber, ND Feedneck, T-board
Old 05-21-2010, 04:33 PM
Respected Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by shunut View Post
I hesitate to post this, mainly because we are all paintballers and computer nerds () so none of us have girlfriends (another ), but I will anyway.

So there is this girl. I've known her for 3-4 years. I think she is really hot, but more than that I think she is a good person, very nice, very sweet, smart, funny, everything that every guy wants in a girl, at least in my mind she is. She recently broke up with her boyfriend of 2-3 years. I don't know the full details of the break up, just that she now hates him because he is a "**** face ******* liar". The week after they broke up, I helped her move to a new apartment. When I had agreed to help, I did not know that they had broken up, but knew as soon as I got to her house to help. Now before I helped her move I would have dated her if she was single. During the process of helping her, those feelings grew. So that is sort of the "background" story. Now its been about a month since they broke up. We talk everyday. She has been sharing some very, very personal information about herself with me (no, nothing about what she looks like naked or anything), but stuff that you just don't share with everyone. Information that you would only share with people who you absolutely trust 100%, without a doubt. Now I am not good with girls. My friends always say I'm too nice. I can never read whether a girl is flirting or if she is just being nice, and most of the time I just chalk it up to just being nice.

In the end I guess I'm wondering why she would share this sort of information with me? Yeah we are friends, but I didn't think we were there. I also know that she wouldn't share this type of stuff with just anybody, she is a very private person, and when it comes to the sort of stuff we've been talking about I think everyone would be a private person about it. So is this just a friend looking for a friend to talk to, or something more?

I wouldn't normally post something like this here, but I already know what some of the channels I would got through would say, and can't talk to the others because they know her. My other problem with posting this here is that everyone who is going to read this is a guy and despite what any of you think, at the end of the day, none of us understand women. So maybe some of you who have a girlfriend, or wife, could have them read this and ask them what they think. I just don't want to jump head first into this and jeopardize our friendship, because I would much rather have her as a friend than nothing at all.

Also, if I were to pursue dating her, how long do I need to wait since she just broke up with her boyfriend?

I lol'd at the first part.

I'd give it a bit of time before you did anything but that's just me. I went out with my best friend for like a month. We got in a huge fight a few weeks later and stopped talking for about 2 months -which seemed like a long time when you used to talk every day. She was kinda immature though. I think this girl would be alot more mature about a relationship. Give it a bit more time and then see what happens. I know a few girls who do flirt just for fun but some girls mean it. If she's telling you deep things then she probably either needs someone to talk to or she wants to get into a relationship.
Just my 2 cents.
Old 05-21-2010, 05:30 PM
Has Been

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsvly-fat View Post
I know a few girls who do flirt just for fun but some girls mean it. If she's telling you deep things then she probably either needs someone to talk to or she wants to get into a relationship.
Just my 2 cents.
Yeah, alot of girls do that when they are young. I dont think alot of older women do that though - Not to make you feel 'old' shu but shes not a freshman in highschool. Shes a woman.

Just keep talking and see how things go Josh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelpDeskHustler View Post
It just occurred to me that "bad company" may be a terrible name for a team sponsored by only one company.
Old 05-21-2010, 05:38 PM

on a bit of a lighter note, Iron Man 2 in less than 1.5 hours. we'll see what the night/weekend brings
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote:
(7:11:05 PM) Battlechaser: Did you just slaughter George Clooney and steal his mojo..?
"Death doesn't exist. It never did, it never will. But we've drawn so many pictures of it, so many years, trying to pin it down, comprehend it, we've got to think of it as an entity, strangely alive and greedy."
Old 05-21-2010, 09:22 PM

Respected, period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hossy View Post
Yeah, alot of girls do that when they are young. I dont think alot of older women do that though - Not to make you feel 'old' shu but shes not a freshman in highschool. Shes a woman.

Just keep talking and see how things go Josh.
Well, yesterday she messaged me. We were talking and some how, not sure how, but I got backed into a corner. She didn't back me into the corner, I pretty much did that myself. So I told her how I felt. She was surprised, but she kept talking to me, messaged me at midnight just to say goodnight. Messaged me first thing this morning. I'm not going to run into things, I'm just going to play it cool and see what happens.

KUSA Feedback

Shunut Creations
Old 05-21-2010, 11:18 PM

nice. kinda happened to me (wont get into the details) the other day. so, iron man 2 was sold out (small theater) and i just got back from her house, basically spent the whole night talking and watching movies. i want to make a move, but i dont know how...
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote: