Default Re: Soc Gdt

sounds dangerous
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Spyder to pump conversion tutorial!
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote:
(7:11:05 PM) Battlechaser: Did you just slaughter George Clooney and steal his mojo..?
"Death doesn't exist. It never did, it never will. But we've drawn so many pictures of it, so many years, trying to pin it down, comprehend it, we've got to think of it as an entity, strangely alive and greedy."
- from Ray Bradbury's Something Wicked this Way Comes
Old 05-19-2010, 07:19 AM

Respected, period.

Just got a crazy phone call from my buddy's wife. He has the same thing I have (Cystic Fibrosis) and early this morning got a call to go into the hospital for new lungs. Just got an update, right lung is in, working on the left!

KUSA Feedback

2006 Non-Spyder of the Year - The Shunut Spimmy

Shunut Creations
Old 05-19-2010, 08:27 AM
Gun Whore Extraodinair......113 And Counting

Thats crazy shu.

Quick question about that I was wondering. When you have CF and get a transplant, do the new lungs suffer from CF or would it be like a cure and all the sudden you can breath normally.

Back to gun whoring.....

armedfuture (8:12:32 PM): I'm a big angel
paintball6684 (8:16:09 PM): more like out of control, raging ginger
armedfuture (8:16:40 PM): noooooooo...........
Old 05-19-2010, 10:42 AM
Resident *******

That's good news, Josh! Hopefully your lungs are next!

URT... Ultimate Resource Thread!

The [OFFICIAL] Manual Thread!

BigRed Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy Taco
ya my vagina hurts sometimes to
Old 05-19-2010, 02:35 PM

Respected, period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddytaco View Post
Thats crazy shu.

Quick question about that I was wondering. When you have CF and get a transplant, do the new lungs suffer from CF or would it be like a cure and all the sudden you can breath normally.
Your lungs will be cured. CF still affects other parts of your body, mainly digestive system, but that isn't too much of a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred76 View Post
That's good news, Josh! Hopefully your lungs are next!
Hopefully not, because that will mean I have to get really sick, since my lung functions are up so much.

KUSA Feedback

Shunut Creations
Old 05-20-2010, 07:31 AM

Respected, period.

I hesitate to post this, mainly because we are all paintballers and computer nerds () so none of us have girlfriends (another ), but I will anyway.

So there is this girl. I've known her for 3-4 years. I think she is really hot, but more than that I think she is a good person, very nice, very sweet, smart, funny, everything that every guy wants in a girl, at least in my mind she is. She recently broke up with her boyfriend of 2-3 years. I don't know the full details of the break up, just that she now hates him because he is a "**** face ******* liar". The week after they broke up, I helped her move to a new apartment. When I had agreed to help, I did not know that they had broken up, but knew as soon as I got to her house to help. Now before I helped her move I would have dated her if she was single. During the process of helping her, those feelings grew. So that is sort of the "background" story. Now its been about a month since they broke up. We talk everyday. She has been sharing some very, very personal information about herself with me (no, nothing about what she looks like naked or anything), but stuff that you just don't share with everyone. Information that you would only share with people who you absolutely trust 100%, without a doubt. Now I am not good with girls. My friends always say I'm too nice. I can never read whether a girl is flirting or if she is just being nice, and most of the time I just chalk it up to just being nice.

In the end I guess I'm wondering why she would share this sort of information with me? Yeah we are friends, but I didn't think we were there. I also know that she wouldn't share this type of stuff with just anybody, she is a very private person, and when it comes to the sort of stuff we've been talking about I think everyone would be a private person about it. So is this just a friend looking for a friend to talk to, or something more?

I wouldn't normally post something like this here, but I already know what some of the channels I would got through would say, and can't talk to the others because they know her. My other problem with posting this here is that everyone who is going to read this is a guy and despite what any of you think, at the end of the day, none of us understand women. So maybe some of you who have a girlfriend, or wife, could have them read this and ask them what they think. I just don't want to jump head first into this and jeopardize our friendship, because I would much rather have her as a friend than nothing at all.

Also, if I were to pursue dating her, how long do I need to wait since she just broke up with her boyfriend?

KUSA Feedback

Shunut Creations
Old 05-20-2010, 07:49 AM
Official SOC Short Bus Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by shunut View Post
Now I am not good with girls. My friends always say I'm too nice. I can never read whether a girl is flirting or if she is just being nice, and most of the time I just chalk it up to just being nice.
that makes 2 of us. and im in a similar situation right now, been spending hours with this girl from work, just hanging out at her place til she kicks me out or going out to dinner, or texting at all hours of the day.

she sounds like she needs someone to confide in, and you just happen to be the person she trusts enough to talk about something like that. i've never been one for timing (im terrible at it), but i'd say don't make a move yet, just keep talking and find out how she feels about relationships now. she could be looking for a rebound, or she may want to have some time to herself for a while.
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote:
(7:11:05 PM) Battlechaser: Did you just slaughter George Clooney and steal his mojo..?
"Death doesn't exist. It never did, it never will. But we've drawn so many pictures of it, so many years, trying to pin it down, comprehend it, we've got to think of it as an entity, strangely alive and greedy."
Old 05-20-2010, 08:15 AM

Respected, period.

Yep, sounds very similar to my situation. Always texting, ect... She texts me at 2-3am when she can't sleep....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFSniper View Post
i'd say don't make a move yet, just keep talking and find out how she feels about relationships now. she could be looking for a rebound, or she may want to have some time to herself for a while.
This is pretty much how I feel. I am in noway a rebound guy, I just can't do that sort of thing so I'd never let that happen. Although I share your thoughts, at the same time I don't want to miss an opportunity, especially if there is a possibility of a relationship.

KUSA Feedback

Shunut Creations
Old 05-20-2010, 09:43 AM
Official SOC Short Bus Crew

yeah, and then you risk waiting too long and getting stuck in the Eternal Friend Zone
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote:
Old 05-20-2010, 10:38 AM
Fluent in Stroll

I don't think enough time has passed for you to make a big bold move, but you can still make slight pokes at things in order to test boundaries. I feel the same way about being a rebound guy and have literally told a girl to put the brakes on after she came out of a relationship, but the longer you take the more you risk another guy coming in and picking her up. You need to keep doing what you're doing while making the occasional joke and prod in order to see where she stands on things. Right now I am sure she is in need of someone to be there and talk to, but nothing you told us is a strong indicator of how far that goes.

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Skanking to the beat.
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Climb to the heavens on feathers and dreams
Because the melting point of wax means nothing to me.