Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Non-Paintball Topics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-27-2011, 11:47 PM
Resident *******

Default Re: Soc Gdt

I'll have to pass that story on to my best man, he'll get one helluva laugh out of it. That's considering that he is coaching XSV currently, of course. Vike got one tiny bit wrong... 50bps in NPPL uncapped semi is... technically legal. Physically impossible, but it's legit if someone can do it unassisted.

I think of a hopper's speed this way: if it can reliably feed from 1bps through 50bps, I want it on my gun. I use a Reloader B with a HotRod kit and Freeway antijam because it does just that (only it never hit above 33 or so bps), and as soon as it doesn't keep up anymore it'll be out the door in lieu of a Rotor.

About the regulator... If I play, the gun is set to 285-300fps and 13bps PSP. Hell, I haven't touched my regs in ages, just left 'em be, and they were still set to it a few weeks ago when I aired them up for my bachelor party. That's a standard Hyper2 on my EM6, and it was maintaining +/-7fps without anything being lubed in over a year. Not even a leak from anything except the macro which was fixed by moving it a bit.

If he's shooting 36 cases of paint... he isn't doing his job. Anyone can play D2 if they have the money, they don't have to be good... saying they played D2 isn't saying much, just that his team can afford it. I know quite a few local guys that played D1 for a year and did decently. Didn't get first place, but they didn't place last.

I know just what you mean about the paint, MR2... As soon as we got to the field, my friend (who owns it with his wife) ejected 10 people on the spot for not using field paint in rentals. Especially with noobs, it can get dangerous with them using **** like Monster Balls since they don't know much better.

URT... Ultimate Resource Thread!

The [OFFICIAL] Manual Thread!

BigRed Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy Taco
ya my vagina hurts sometimes to
Old 12-28-2011, 10:04 AM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred76 View Post
I'll have to pass that story on to my best man, he'll get one helluva laugh out of it. That's considering that he is coaching XSV currently, of course. Vike got one tiny bit wrong... 50bps in NPPL uncapped semi is... technically legal. Physically impossible, but it's legit if someone can do it unassisted.
Ok, ok. I guess I was thinking too realistically, lol! It IS legal since it's uncapped, but as far as I can think there's no legal way to reach it. Bounce, silent ramp, whatever - he's not doing it legally. And yes, I'd demand proof if he was saying he was doing it legally and would call him out in front of his family for boldface lying, hahaha!

I remember when people used to say they could hit 14 bps in semi and people hammered those guys saying they didnt get there without help. Over the years, it's crept (or should I say, sprinted?) higher and higher until now it's not uncommon to hear people say they can hit 30 bps uncapped with no assistance. I honestly don't think they understand just how fast 30 bps is....or even 15-20 bps.

There used to be a website that had what each bps sounded like - 10 bps, 20 bps, 30 bps, etc. Come to find out people didn't really know what they were shooting until they went there.
Old 12-28-2011, 06:24 PM
Official SOC Short Bus Crew

hey guys. checking in. been a crazy week. long story short, spent the past 4 days getting my truck running again. hopefully for good this time.
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Spyder to pump conversion tutorial!
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote:
(7:11:05 PM) Battlechaser: Did you just slaughter George Clooney and steal his mojo..?
"Death doesn't exist. It never did, it never will. But we've drawn so many pictures of it, so many years, trying to pin it down, comprehend it, we've got to think of it as an entity, strangely alive and greedy."
- from Ray Bradbury's Something Wicked this Way Comes
Old 12-28-2011, 07:54 PM
Seņor Member

Don't you wish that vehicle repair could be done with a jerry can and a match some days?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace24 View Post
I can't believe I'm saying this... but don't bash the Rails. :X
Old 12-29-2011, 07:58 PM
THE GAME

Similar story to that tall tale about 50bps man... I swear 50% of the time I bring up paintball to somebody I don't think plays and they're interested, they'll try to tell me some story about "a friend" they know that's so "hardcore" woodsball "delta force" whatever that he just plays with a marker and bunkers people like that. I've been told this story at least a dozen times, every time I act like it's really awesome then walk away when they're about to tell another story because they think I'm easy to impress.

also: sup hoss?
Old 12-30-2011, 01:49 PM
Fluent in Stroll

So whos watching Brock/Reem tonight?

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Skanking to the beat.

Climb to the heavens on feathers and dreams
Because the melting point of wax means nothing to me.
Old 12-31-2011, 03:31 PM
Gun Whore Extraodinair......113 And Counting

Went out to california for christmas....managed to get pulled over doing 89 on the way there and topped it today in the middle of ****ing no where texas doing 98....wwwoooootttttt $486 down the drain!!!!!!!!

Back to gun whoring.....

armedfuture (8:12:32 PM): I'm a big angel
paintball6684 (8:16:09 PM): more like out of control, raging ginger
armedfuture (8:16:40 PM): noooooooo...........
Old 12-31-2011, 05:39 PM
Apparently I'm a gun whore and all i have is two guns.

They pulled you over in the middle of nowhere? That's kinda mean.
Old 01-01-2012, 12:39 AM
THE GAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddytaco View Post
Went out to california for christmas....managed to get pulled over doing 89 on the way there and topped it today in the middle of ****ing no where texas doing 98....wwwoooootttttt $486 down the drain!!!!!!!!
LOL, I've gotten 2 for 85 in a 55 and neither were more than $200. I fought 1 to fight it, the other was very obviously not me, but they didn't care:
  • Officer admitted to being unable to identify car make model or color before having pulled me over
  • Officer turned his back after making a measurement on his LIDAR device, checked both ways and jogged 20 feet to his cruiser that was across the enterence ramp from him
  • Given his claimed distance on the measurement, it would have been impossible for him to pull me over where he did even at the speed limit.
  • The angle of his measurement could feasibly allow a car to dip in and out of his line of sight

Kinda BS, but the court hearing was in a bad part of town and they didn't care at all.

Side note that marv might find funny. I was doing some downloading and I found some stuff in flac that I needed. I got it and then discovered it was a vinyl rip... Not really something I care about, but the files were abnormally huge (like as big as you claimed them to be before). I took a look. The rips are 24bit @ 96000Hz, aka 3030KB/s... ~100MB/album, ~1GB/album. I don't think I'll ever need that kind of quality, but TIL vinyl is higher quality than CD and not just some earthy nostalgia. I probably won't DL anymore unless I have to, but I won't decrease their quality.
Old 01-01-2012, 10:02 AM
Fluent in Stroll

Sounds ridiculous. Also HAPPY NEW YEAR! I cut myself off at the perfect time(midnight) to be able to drive home(2-230). And I was able to pull a girls number. So YAY!

Skanking to the beat.

Climb to the heavens on feathers and dreams
Because the melting point of wax means nothing to me.