Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Non-Paintball Topics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2011, 06:03 AM
THE GAME

Default Re: Soc Gdt

Just binge played skyrim until my eyes started hurting.... 10 hours later. I gave up on no fast travel.... the game is enormous. Its truly epic. How's yours going marv? Still awake/alive or did you almost caffeine coma too?

And Tim, I've made it a habit to always assume the mobo leaves with the cpu.... the mobo is usually just as dated and even if the socket matches there's hardly a good reason for ditching a fine cpu and basically losing its cost. I5 is like 220? Those puppies fly. If applications with lots of threads weren't so rare (this is mostly the fault of proceduralyou languages... functional languages scale treads well) then amd might have a shot just with the ability to buy so many cores. But windows barely uses multithreading for applications that basically necessitate it, let alone normally tasks.

Sleep deficit add - skyrim runs on ultra. It did start lagging though --I after Firefox memory leaked to more than skyrim was using
Old 11-11-2011, 06:18 AM
Fluent in Stroll

I do not own it yet =[ I spent a few hours yesterday watching a 12 hour livestream of it being played though which made me change my mind on my starting class. Smithy battlemage for me confirmed. Right hand - weapon, left hand - spell, crafting weapons and armor and such. yayyyy I will probably pick it up this weekend though

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Skanking to the beat.

Climb to the heavens on feathers and dreams
Because the melting point of wax means nothing to me.
Old 11-11-2011, 10:03 AM
Resident *******

The way I understand the Bulldozer architecture, it actually is not a physical core, but a logical core used for HT. When not in use, all resources are allocated to the "core(s)" in use. Basically... a 4 "core" Bulldozer technically only has one, but 4 HT channels supporting 1mb of cache each. When only one is in use, theoretically this one core has all 4mb of cache. This is why I want a high core clock, because it'll only really use one in W7 anyways, might as well make it a damned fast one. There might be a better Intel out there right now, but we'll see how they perform against the unreleased FX's sooner or later. I wouldn't doubt the Intel'd be faster, but I don't want to spend much over $200 for a CPU if I want to keep my rebuild cheap. If that means I'll have to settle for the FX 4100 (3.6ghz core clock @ $115-120 price point) because the 4170 is too much, so be it.

URT... Ultimate Resource Thread!

The [OFFICIAL] Manual Thread!

BigRed Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy Taco
ya my vagina hurts sometimes to
Old 11-11-2011, 01:10 PM
wat

I still don't see the price justification for Intel over AMD. Sure, the performance is different, but I just don't think it's different enough to warrant the Intel markup. I love my Intel i5 Macbook Air, but I don't regret going AMD/ATI for my desktop.
Old 11-11-2011, 03:37 PM
THE GAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by durrell View Post
I still don't see the price justification for Intel over AMD. Sure, the performance is different, but I just don't think it's different enough to warrant the Intel markup. I love my Intel i5 Macbook Air, but I don't regret going AMD/ATI for my desktop.
What intel markup? the i5 outperforms everything in it's price range.
Old 11-11-2011, 07:17 PM
Fluent in Stroll

This past week I went into crisis/mental breakdown mode and fear I am leaving it feeling lost and unsure of where to go or what I should be doing.

For a while now (2 years?) my plan was to study poli sci and enter the Navy and hopefully become an Intel officer. I just started commuting 45mins each way to a different university this semester and have not really been enjoying myself. Two of my classes are enjoyable, but everything else including the university itself feels like a wash. I have been highly aware of the fact that the military could very well not accept me due to my speech impediment (I stutter) but always felt like I could make it through MEPS despite everything. Oh, I have also just signed up to use my dad's GI Bill this semester, which still isn't in despite it being 2-3 months later.

So now lets cut to last weekend. My friend John and I went up to Richmond to see Cameron and his wife one last time before they move to Jacksonville to start his real Navy life. That was fun etc but I got sick and it will probably be...a long time before I get to see them again. I fight constant headaches and fog and sleep all that following Monday to write a paper due that night. The paper was completed and acceptable so I took it to class in time. This is a distance learning class with an off-site professor and 4 locations besides my own. So anyway, we all have to present our stuff and the way it works is you press and hold a mic on your desk and have a camera on the wall swivel to you in order to broadcast you to everybody else. Not a stutter friendly environment. I was called last at the end of the night and lets just say it was the worst I have done with any sort of presentation since the seventh grade. My Navy ambitions are now shot.

On the way to class Tuesday, my car broke down on the highway, causing me to get a tow. Missed that class, but the test he gave out is on Blackboard so whatever. Turns out my car had 1,300 dollars worth of damages, half of which we paid and it is now...running. That night I attempted to drop a different class which I am failing (that was the deadline), but there are holds on my account so it would not let me. Awesome.

As of this writing I have not been to any class since Monday night and just generally feel tired and over it. I am not happy with what I'm doing, where I am, my goal just vanished and I am just lost.

Skanking to the beat.

Old 11-12-2011, 07:37 PM
add 1,794 posts

not a good day when you wake up in the hospital at 8 pm
Old 11-15-2011, 10:49 PM
Official SOC Short Bus Crew

skyrim check in:

level 14, about just as many hours in +/-. got my dark brotherhood gear, can one-shot just about anything from stealth w/my bow, got my soul-draining sword, and just picked up a katana (Blades sword). 4 dragons down, 5 shouts unlocked (Fury, Whirlwind Speed, Dragon Breath, Kill, and Fade). casualties so far: Lydia and my black horse (Lydia died fighting dragon #2, the horse died in the wild after it ran away.)

playing on Ultra with my 460gtx and core2duo @3.6ghz, do get some occasional stuttering, but i blame my 5400rpm hdd.
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Spyder to pump conversion tutorial!
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote:
(7:11:05 PM) Battlechaser: Did you just slaughter George Clooney and steal his mojo..?
"Death doesn't exist. It never did, it never will. But we've drawn so many pictures of it, so many years, trying to pin it down, comprehend it, we've got to think of it as an entity, strangely alive and greedy."
- from Ray Bradbury's Something Wicked this Way Comes
Old 11-16-2011, 02:29 AM
THE GAME

Level 38 here.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:15 AM
Fluent in Stroll

Oh ya? Level 8. Couldn't complete a Falmer den but kicked the first dragon's ass.

Btw thanks for not telling me to shut up or grow up or anything I guess

Skanking to the beat.